The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

25 minutes ago, appleboy said:

If covid takes a hold of the team they will get shut down. If they get shut down there is a chance that they may not get 56 games.

Not necessarily. Montreal has played 6 fewer games than Vancouver. They’re playing 25 in the next 43 days.   If Vancouver is shut down for a week there’s still time to reschedule their games. They’ll just have a very condensed schedule. (19 games in 36 days give or take) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

So you don’t believe quotes from the head coach as reported by the team’s official Twitter feed? Interesting approach 

Yeah, my bad. Overreacted to the most talked about trade candidates potentially being held out of a game(s). Should have realized they would not use positive Covid tests for anything other than factual information. If Green is on here, my apologies.....

This Covid variant is wreaking havoc everywhere.. things going into shut down mode again..

Hopefully Gaudette recovers quickly and it doesn't spread to rest of team..

Khamzat Chimaev is a world class athelete, young and in prime shape.. he thought he was about to die and has taken months, still not fully healed. Was throwing up blood.. he's just getting better now after talking about retiring at such a young age.. 

Scary stuff.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Lol True..  I guess I should try it here soon instead of finding it weird.. it might be fun..

I wonder how Henrik Sedins face would look on Daniel Sedins face...

If I could +10 for this, I would.  Snorted some good Laphroaig when I read it!!

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

GM JB dropped the ball, if he could have potentially move LE for Lucic it would have been a good move for us. Is he worth his cap hit no, but does he provide grit and toughness and a willingness to stand up for his teammates, YES! 

Would have been a good deterrent to have around vs Vegas last summer and could fill a role on our roster albeit way over paid but still serviceable, compared with the Janitor we have up in the press box

NMC makes things difficult for expansion draft. At least we don’t have to protect Loui

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Cant one work out and then after photoshop as a hobby? I think both can be done 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Clearly it is jog OR photoshop Devron.

Wrong. Its Jog AND Pushups

No Photoshop..  !!!

:P

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This Covid variant is wreaking havoc everywhere.. things going into shut down mode again..

Hopefully Gaudette recovers quickly and it doesn't spread to rest of team..

Khamzat Chimaev is a world class athelete, young and in prime shape.. he thought he was about to die and has taken months, still not fully healed. Was throwing up blood.. he's just getting better now after talking about retiring at such a young age.. 

Scary stuff.

I've been following Covid effects on MMA circles a bit.

Khabib's dad died from it, a ref in Europe too.

Last I read 80 cases reported with the UFC athletes and teams. Off the top of my head... top tier fighters...Cody, Khamzat, Edwards, Costa all have claimed some sort of long haul symptoms. 

I am really interested in one day knowing the percentage of healthy people that are messed up for a long time due to this virus. All we hear about is the deaths. 

Check this list

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/8/31/21407018/complete-list-ufc-fighters-cornermen-tested-positive-covid-19-coronavirus-espn-dana-white-mma

• Cheers 2