The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Don't even know who you're talking about.  I live in the US, and aside from knowing that Justin Trudeau is PM, I'm isolated from Canadian politics.

It's all good man... keep trolling like Covid is just a hoax... well, that's how most Americans feel anyway! ^^

elevation mask.... LMAO!

4 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

staying with hockey.... they should also have used individual segregated urinals and shower rooms with proper plexiglass divider walls...  Boeser was smart.. he got the hell out of that dressing room quick after practice!! 

what does an elevation mask look like?? 

ok................... on a more serious note, if every player is committed to staying in his own safe bubble... this could have been avoided!! unless of course, a grocery cashier coughed on you within a few meters and both of you got crappy masks! ppl are so stuck in this mentality... ohhhh easier said than done... you can make it easy!!! we are all grown a$$ men dealing with this crap for over a year now!!!!

Google "elevation mask" or "training mask" when I used to go to the gym, I'd see the odd person using them on the treadmill.  It limits oxygen intake to mimic training at elevation, which means that your 20-minute treadmill stint acts on the body like 30 or 40 minutes.

Yes, they should have stayed in personal bubbles like my wife and I have.  That would have been the safe and professional thing to do.  My wife's in a small bubble at work with four co-workers who are super careful about mask wearing and distancing away from work.  I'm always masked at my work for the same reason.  Fortunately I've had two shots of Moderna, so I'm feeling a little more confident, but still masking when I'm out.

• Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, HomeBrew said:

The season is a write off. Play the grunts! Let's finish up this season strong... for the draft.

MelodicPaleGermanspaniel-max-1mb.gif

I agree!! 

I wonder if NHL would allow 'emergency contracts' handed out to junior players drafted by us... coz Utica also needs to fill their own roster too!

We can't just forgo the season... or else the rest of the North division would be messed up going by winning % again.... 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

It's all good man... keep trolling like Covid is just a hoax... well, that's how most Americans feel anyway! ^^

elevation mask.... LMAO!

Dude, I'm NOT trolling, and Covid is NOT a hoax!  I commented on an article I read that shows that ice hockey is the least safe of the sports, and that's what you got from that?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Google "elevation mask" or "training mask" when I used to go to the gym, I'd see the odd person using them on the treadmill.  It limits oxygen intake to mimic training at elevation, which means that your 20-minute treadmill stint acts on the body like 30 or 40 minutes.

Yes, they should have stayed in personal bubbles like my wife and I have.  That would have been the safe and professional thing to do.  My wife's in a small bubble at work with four co-workers who are super careful about mask wearing and distancing away from work.  I'm always masked at my work for the same reason.  Fortunately I've had two shots of Moderna, so I'm feeling a little more confident, but still masking when I'm out.

Awwwwwwwwwww... you're making me jealous.... our vaccine rollout has been a total fail... lucky you guys got Biden in charge now!

By vaccinating the old ppl first... they are also accelerating the spread by the young age groups... latest reports show more and more ppl in 30s have died coz of the variants!

• RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Dude, I'm NOT trolling, and Covid is NOT a hoax!  I commented on an article I read that shows that ice hockey is the least safe of the sports, and that's what you got from that?

OK I'm sorry bud!!! I thought you were 100% sarcastic............. LOL!!!!!

Nowadays, Covid trolls are everywhere.... 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

The season is a write off. Play the grunts! Let's finish up this season strong... for the draft.

MelodicPaleGermanspaniel-max-1mb.gif

I'll never get onside with tanking, no matter what the circumstances.  Let's be clear here, the concept is to lose on purpose, which is never the honorable thing to do in my opinion.  Yes, the season has been unexpectedly bad and the Covid thing has made it a lot worse, but someone's resolve is always tested when times are tough not when things are going well.  When I was an amateur athlete myself, I never stopped playing hard no matter what the score, I owed that to myself, my teammates and my opponents, and as a fan that's nothing less than I expect from a pro athlete.  Go Canucks Go!

P.S. - What's with this new format?  This is my first post since the change.  As a desktop user I don't like it because the useable space is essentially halved and the rest is blank whitespace.  I'm assuming the purpose is to add advertising at some point (that almost always happens when website designers leave big blank spaces in the margins).  I'm not looking forward to that.

Edited by nux_win
clarification
  • Cheers 3

Just now, canuckleheads fan said:

The season has got to be over.  With the Canucks adding names to the list on a near daily basis, I don't see how the get the rest of the season played.

Yup... just cancel the season on the Canucks... the players need at least 2 weeks to feel normal again... and let's not forget the weight/strength loss... they won't have a chance to win any games... and are forced to risk injuries... 

Mr. Bettman.. just give us the first pick as covid consolation!!

• RoughGame 3

4 minutes ago, Bo Dega said:

I have not seen peteys name anywhere, does anyone know if he got it too ?

I have been wondering about that.  Are injured players results possibly not reported?  Though, it would make sense if he didn't get it since he wasn't at the practices in question.  Though I did read that he was skating on his own at some point, so possibly in the arena.

Edited by Raspberries

2 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I'll never get onside with tanking, no matter what the circumstances.  Let's be clear here, the concept is to lose on purpose, which is never the honorable thing to do in my opinion.  Yes, the season has been unexpectedly bad and the Covid thing has made it a lot worse, but someone's resolve is always tested when times are tough not when things are going well.  As an athlete myself, I never stopped playing hard no matter what the score, I owed that to myself and my opponent, and as a fan that's nothing less than I expect from a pro athlete.  Go Canucks Go!

P.S. - What's with this new format?  This is my first post since the change.  As a desktop user I don't like it because the useable space is essentially halved and the rest is blank whitespace.  I'm assuming the purpose is to add advertising at some point (that almost always happens when website designers leave big blank spaces in the margins).  I'm not looking forward to that.

While I agree with the sentiment (and a 100% about the new format), I don't think we will have much of a choice moving forward - intentional or not, our season is in tank mode. I would like to see what we have in some of our prospects, especially the ones that have been sitting on the taxi squad all season playing no games and stagnating their development. Play them and get them some game time. Personally, I believe the team is better served by a higher draft pick this year moving forward, so I don't mind pushing onwards in what would be a forced covid tank mode. 

1 minute ago, HomeBrew said:

While I agree with the sentiment (and a 100% about the new format), I don't think we will have much of a choice moving forward - intentional or not, our season is in tank mode. I would like to see what we have in some of our prospects, especially the ones that have been sitting on the taxi squad all season playing no games and stagnating their development. Play them and get them some game time. Personally, I believe the team is better served by a higher draft pick this year moving forward, so I don't mind pushing onwards in what would be a forced covid tank mode. 

I want to see the prospects too.  And it isn't true that us non-tankers don't want good draft picks, we just want to see a full effort each and every night.  I want to see the prospects and fringe players work their tails off to try to win as many games against the odds as possible.  That's what I want to see.  We'll get the draft pick we get and Jim will do fine with it, but until then, the goal is still, as always, to win every game.  Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1