The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Who is on the taxi squad officially? Two infected on that list. 

[...]

Loui Eriksson, Kole Lind, Olli Juolevi, Michael DiPietro, Ashton Sautner, Brogan Rafferty and Tyler Graovac.

41 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Who is on the taxi squad officially? Two infected on that list. 

Dregs: Hey Guys, Look at Me? why aren't you looking?

clown GIF by Team Coco

Edited by Petey_BOI
6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Loui Eriksson, Kole Lind, Olli Juolevi, Michael DiPietro, Ashton Sautner, Brogan Rafferty and Tyler Graovac.

Maybe someone will start a betting pool to guess which two. 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Juolevi and Graovac were the only players from the taxi squad that practiced with the team last time they were on the ice. My guess it would be those two.

• Hydration 1
19 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Lind was in Utica before returning to Vancouver for treatment of his broken nose.  Utica is having it's own Covid lockdown complete with cancelled games.  I love Cole Lind and hope for the best for him, but the timing is a little suspicious that he returns immediately before the Canucks get shut down. Yeah, because idle speculation is all I have left at this time.

19 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Which is totally whack.

I take it regular conservative folks, like the family I grew up in, do not want anarchy.  They want SOME form of representative government.  To establish business regulations to make it fairer for a small time entrepreneur to grow their business if nothing else.  To make enforceable laws against murder, robbery, even white collar robbery. Ponzi schemes and other "business" scams.

And you'd think that even the most ardent small-government conservative, would think that the ONE area that government may have a role, is in a natural disaster like a pandemic. That a democratically elected body, centralized in one place to better manage the crisis, find vaccines,  (can't make them ourselves because Mulroney and his Cons sold off our public vaccine company lauded the world over), distribute the vaccines fairly, would be at least ONE good use for it.

But they have to find a "deep state" conspiracy in everything today. Its rather tiring.

There is no conspiracy, just gross incompetence. Unless you have another explanation how a g7 nation can rank 42 in the world at vaccinating its citizens.

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

There is no conspiracy, just gross incompetence. Unless you have another explanation how a g7 nation can rank 42 in the world at vaccinating its citizens.

Because we are a country of dependants.

we've farmed anything and everything overseas. We depend on other country’s to supply us with everything.

Even things we have we send away only to buy it back. A result Decades of weak spineless governments afraid of offending an ant. 
From municipal right through to the feds our system is a failure. 
but I guess when your a country run by special interests and big business saving $$$$ is more important than lives. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Not making our own.  The US and EU are looking after their people first. Mulroney and his cons allowed the sale of our own facilities and here we are.  Investments are being made now, but we are months or years behind.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
44 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Sorry, but they told us this way back in Oct/Nov.  In fact, we are ahead of where we were projected to be by this point.  We don't produce our own and to expect that we'd be comparable to countries who do is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nux_win said:

I'll never get onside with tanking, no matter what the circumstances.  Let's be clear here, the concept is to lose on purpose, which is never the honorable thing to do in my opinion.  Yes, the season has been unexpectedly bad and the Covid thing has made it a lot worse, but someone's resolve is always tested when times are tough not when things are going well.  When I was an amateur athlete myself, I never stopped playing hard no matter what the score, I owed that to myself, my teammates and my opponents, and as a fan that's nothing less than I expect from a pro athlete.  Go Canucks Go!

P.S. - What's with this new format?  This is my first post since the change.  As a desktop user I don't like it because the useable space is essentially halved and the rest is blank whitespace.  I'm assuming the purpose is to add advertising at some point (that almost always happens when website designers leave big blank spaces in the margins).  I'm not looking forward to that.

Adblockers are your friend.

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Which is totally whack.

I take it regular conservative folks, like the family I grew up in, do not want anarchy.  They want SOME form of representative government.  To establish business regulations to make it fairer for a small time entrepreneur to grow their business if nothing else.  To make enforceable laws against murder, robbery, even white collar robbery. Ponzi schemes and other "business" scams.

And you'd think that even the most ardent small-government conservative, would think that the ONE area that government may have a role, is in a natural disaster like a pandemic. That a democratically elected body, centralized in one place to better manage the crisis, find vaccines,  (can't make them ourselves because Mulroney and his Cons sold off our public vaccine company lauded the world over), distribute the vaccines fairly, would be at least ONE good use for it.

But they have to find a "deep state" conspiracy in everything today. Its rather tiring.

conservatives, in North America, have largely given up on policy and have focused almost exclusively on division and culture war

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
41 minutes ago, stawns said:

Sorry, but they told us this way back in Oct/Nov.  In fact, we are ahead of where we were projected to be by this point.  We don't produce our own and to expect that we'd be comparable to countries who do is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

How many of those 41 countries ahead of us make their own?  Not having our own facilities is a shame but this goes deeper than this.  Making it worse is the fact that there were canadian companies offering g to make the vaccine here that were ignored by the feds. I'm sticking with incompetence as the main reason we are in this bad a situation  

• Upvote 1

Apparently "a Canucks player" decided to go to a Vancouver restaurant to eat, and now the entire team is affected. Started with Gaudette

Adam, Skip the Dishes dude.  

• Haha 1
  • SNuck changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • SNuck unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic