The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Come to the Whalley area - it is so bad here now, Covid has moved up to #6 on the diseases you are most likely to catch...

Ya can't say I been in that area so can't speak to that..

Education is key.. people need to be educated on the seriousness of the pandemic.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Come to the Whalley area - it is so bad here now, Covid has moved up to #6 on the diseases you are most likely to catch...

two people were sharing a pipe in whalley. here is thier converstaion

smoker1: passes the pipe "Here"

smoker2: "Hey, did you wipe that pipe before you passed it to me?"   

smoker1: "Nah, covids a hoax"    

smoker2: Passes.the bipe back and says " wipe it down man, please."

smoker1 takes the pipe, and spits on it. He then wipes it down with his grimey shirt sleeve and passes it back. "Are ya happy now?"

Edited by Petey_BOI

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Which part or area of town is this? 

I've been staying in Surrey last 2 months. After 1 month in whiterock..My vehicle was still in Alberta so I did a lot of walking and public transport. I have not seen what you are talking about. 

I dont see people without masks out and about. I've stayed in North Delta Newton area and in South Surrey and Whiterock since January. Everywhere I go every one is wearing masks. 

South Surrey/White rock is not really part of what most people consider the "Real Surrey" to be.   Neither is North Delta - which is considered upper-west side Surrey.   I live in the heart of Surrey where you hear gunfire every few weeks and police sirens & helicopters flying overhead regularly.  I only wish I could afford to live in those normal areas!  Lucky you to live in an area with normal respectful people that wear mask.  Not the case around these parts!

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Habs lose. Keep losing...maybe there is a chance.

Well unfortunately our odds of making the playoffs currently sit at 2.2% (according to MoneyPuck odds)   I would have rounded that off to just 2% but I left the point .2 in there because it looks better than a lonely number "2" and to keep your hope up !

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, kilgore said:

Yup. Do people know how Canadians are getting ripped off...twice...in new drug research and development? 

We fund university labs, and working scientists there through taxes. For years sometimes developing a new drug or vaccine I'd imagine. If and when one is successful, Canadians, even though we funded all the research, do not benefit. Instead, universities, and even individual research scientists are allowed to sell their research work to anyone that pays them the most. Usually that is big US pharma.

Then, Canadians pay again for the jacked up prices that the US pharmaceutical companies demand. 

Insane.

Lol.   Universities in Canada are amongst the cheapest in the world, because of subsidies via our tax dollars and how they are run.    And we also have some of the cheapest drugs in the world too, because of health care, the prices are "jacked down" in both regards.    It's the universities that make money true, but they are also the ones that invest in people (students get free tuition if they are good enough/wages are lower then they should be if they do get paid) and the labs to do the research.     Seems like we win in the end, just being born in Canada is like winning the lottery. 

If your referring to drug manufacturing, yes that's an underutilized industry in Canada, and hope the government wises up and invested in our own vaccination infrastructure to mass produce.    There is a massive black market for all types of prescription drugs in the US - funnelled down from Canada, but made in the US, crazy right? 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, canuktravella said:

they are 8 points up with a game in hand not sure how we are gonna make playoffs

Nux go on a win streak play well over 600.  Habs on a losing streak.  Anything can happen. Not likely, but it will still be nice to see if they come back and finish the season.  Otherwise those nux v sens games will be a dud. 

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Nux go on a win streak play well over 600.  Habs on a losing streak.  Anything can happen. Not likely, but it will still be nice to see if they come back and finish the season.  Otherwise those nux v sens games will be a dud. 

In the words of Red Ryder

Knock us down and we'll get back up

And we'll get ourselves
Back in the race again

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

ya we arent making playoffs  they have a game in hand  if they win it we are 10 out  just to tie them in points  wed need to go  5 games over 500 15-4  they have 8 less losses than us  and they arent gonna be below 500  rest of yr  we arent making playoffs