The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So, step one towards playing next Saturday. It'll be interesting what will happen if that goes as planned. I mean, who will be playing for us that is.

Of course, everyone's safety is most important but damn even though we we're having a pretty brutal season we were playing a lot better and I sure looked forward to the games as compared to another rerun of House or some B movie at night. Even the Habs are kind of playing along. 

Get well boys! :canucks:

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

so are the guys just supposed to play the game even without a few practices? would that be hard on them. they have been laid up over a week so far.  i guess the League does not care about them or their families!!!

We’ll soon find out won’t we, Bree.

• Vintage 1

19 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

My friend is saying they might shut down the season for the Canucks. Any truth to this?

My idea is to wait until both Ottawa and Vancouver are mathematically eliminated. Then play the four games against each other at the end of the season during the playoffs. That way the two teams can satisfy all bonuses etc and determine an order for lottery selection.

9 hours ago, IBatch said:

Lol.   Universities in Canada are amongst the cheapest in the world, because of subsidies via our tax dollars and how they are run.    And we also have some of the cheapest drugs in the world too, because of health care, the prices are "jacked down" in both regards.    It's the universities that make money true, but they are also the ones that invest in people (students get free tuition if they are good enough/wages are lower then they should be if they do get paid) and the labs to do the research.     Seems like we win in the end, just being born in Canada is like winning the lottery. 

If your referring to drug manufacturing, yes that's an underutilized industry in Canada, and hope the government wises up and invested in our own vaccination infrastructure to mass produce.    There is a massive black market for all types of prescription drugs in the US - funnelled down from Canada, but made in the US, crazy right? 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canada-pays-more-for-prescription-drugs-than-comparable-countries-study-1.3454056

According to a new study, Canadians are paying far more for primary care prescription drugs than people who live in most other high-income countries with universal healthcare.

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2019/11/08/Canada-Public-Lab-Life-Saving-Drugs/

...roughly $1 billion of Canadian public money is spent each year on basic medical research. Yet Canadians have no ownership of the products that result. Instead, the university researchers (..individuals..) are permitted to take out patents on the products they develop, and then sell or license those products to corporations that market them, often at great profit.

:gocan:

Edited by kilgore

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

Jesus murphy.... this is ridiculous.

If teams wanted Pearson that badly... how the hell do we not send him out and then replace him.  Get a decent pick that you could flip to offload a bad contract and get double the cap freedom from that.

I was giving Benning until last offseason to show that he could extricate himself from the mess he had made in the cap allocation and bad signings.  He failed in clearing cap last offseason, and we lost two really efficient contracts in Stecher and Toffoli.  I feel bad for Pearson getting all this venom about the signing, but as with every other signing it is a million dollars too much and a year too long.  Each in isolation is not great, but in combination they have resulted in one of the worst teams in the league while also being strapped for cap space.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Provost said:

Jesus murphy.... this is ridiculous.

If teams wanted Pearson that badly... how the hell do we not send him out and then replace him.  Get a decent pick that you could flip to offload a bad contract and get double the cap freedom from that.

I was giving Benning until last offseason to show that he could extricate himself from the mess he had made in the cap allocation and bad signings.  He failed in clearing cap last offseason, and we lost two really efficient contracts in Stecher and Toffoli.  I feel bad for Pearson getting all this venom about the signing, but as with every other signing it is a million dollars too much and a year too long.  Each in isolation is not great, but in combination they have resulted in one of the worst teams in the league while also being strapped for cap space.

exactly you could of gotten asset for him at the deadline and use that asset that move bad contract out or trade that asset to teams that has issues due to expansion draft, like the Scmidt deal or draft the a player. Who knows you might pick up the next Mark Stone, or Breaden Point with that pick. Asset management is not used in this organization.

Edited by Squamfan
  • Upvote 1

Montreal loses tonight and now have equal games played as the Canucks, and Habs have a 7 point lead, and falling fast. 

Do we really think it’s impossible for the Canucks to win 4 more games than the Habs in the remaining games that we have?

It seems possible to me, especially if Petey comes back healthy.

It’ll be time to displace the Habs from their playoff spot, and crush the Leafs in a first round sweep!

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Montreal loses tonight and now have equal games played as the Canucks, and Habs have a 7 point lead, and falling fast. 

Do we really think it’s impossible for the Canucks to win 4 more games than the Habs in the remaining games that we have?

It seems possible to me, especially if Petey comes back healthy.

It’ll be time to displace the Habs from their playoff spot, and crush the Leafs in a first round sweep!

Hope Habs keep losing. They have key injuries too. 

The biggest question is how healthy and ready nux will be when they return. If they do play, I just want an exciting finish to the season even if they don't make the playoffs.