The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Montreal loses tonight and now have equal games played as the Canucks, and Habs have a 7 point lead, and falling fast. 

Do we really think it’s impossible for the Canucks to win 4 more games than the Habs in the remaining games that we have?

It seems possible to me, especially if Petey comes back healthy.

It’ll be time to displace the Habs from their playoff spot, and crush the Leafs in a first round sweep!

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Hope Habs keep losing. They have key injuries too. 

The biggest question is how healthy and ready nux will be when they return. If they do play, I just want an exciting finish to the season even if they don't make the playoffs. 

The bolded quotes are going to be the two key factors if Canucks are going to string some wins together 

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

If Montreal (who are hit hard by injuries ) lose 4 Straight the Canucks could come out of this in a pretty good position . 

It would be so sweet to face the Leafs first round. You just know Leafs would be nervous to play such underdogs. We’d be expected to lose, but.. what if ... ?

29 minutes ago, Slegr said:

It would be so sweet to face the Leafs first round. You just know Leafs would be nervous to play such underdogs. We’d be expected to lose, but.. what if ... ?

spacer.png

Start polishing it up for us Pritchard

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

If Montreal (who are hit hard by injuries ) lose 4 Straight the Canucks could come out of this in a pretty good position . 

If it happens then I'd agree with Tom Petty

And they're free, free fallin'
Yeah they're free, free fallin'

Habs lose again. Free falling fast lately. The boys will still have a crack to make a run for the playoff spot. With Petey healthy, he should be good to go whenever called upon and continue where he left off before his injury. It’s going to be an exciting finish. Finish the season strong, boys! Get well soon and healthy asap. We are still very much in the race. GCG!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, xereau said:

“He can go forever. It’s like he never gets tired.”  Lol, wonder why?!

Have you posted the Delorme / Macoun fight yet? Not as good or long as these but those 2 must have hard heads, lots of big punches landed.

10 hours ago, wloutet said:

My idea is to wait until both Ottawa and Vancouver are mathematically eliminated. Then play the four games against each other at the end of the season during the playoffs. That way the two teams can satisfy all bonuses etc and determine an order for lottery selection.

Canucks would win every game. Makes no sense to rise in the standings just because you played every game against one of the worst teams.

• Hydration 1
10 hours ago, xereau said:

I got a laugh yesterday while listening to 650 ... SOB was weighing in on the Pearson signing and chatted about being traded, etc.  At 7:10...talks about his first year in Colorado when they were over achieving and he knew they'd make a deadline deal and bring someone in.  It was Steve Downie.  OB says he hated him ("can't believe I have to hang out with this idiot").  Said he'd wanted to "kill him in Tampa" when he was with Philly.  But went on to tell how they became friends and he was one of his favourite teammates.

I love these stories and the insight.   

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/peoples-show/shane-obrien-pearsons-extension-deadline-stories/

7 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

Canucks would win every game. Makes no sense to rise in the standings just because you played every game against one of the worst teams.

But it might get Hoglander the Calder if he has multiple points games.   There are more than just standings at stake - several players' bonuses ( games played, individual stats ranking, etc) are also in the equation

11 hours ago, xereau said:

Coxe seemed to have an iron jaw.  Took untold punches to the head but often never went down.  Seriously though, I'm glad *TODAY*, he seems to have all mental faculties (and at the end of the day, that's what really is important) despite all the pounding he took in the head.

• Hydration 1
12 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Habs lose again. Free falling fast lately. The boys will still have a crack to make a run for the playoff spot. With Petey healthy, he should be good to go whenever called upon and continue where he left off before his injury. It’s going to be an exciting finish. Finish the season strong, boys! Get well soon and healthy asap. We are still very much in the race. GCG!

Only 8 points back after all was said and done. That's 8 points out of 38 possible or we win 4 more out of 19 down the stretch. Damn I wish we were healthy today. It's doable, even if it doesn't happen it could be quite the race.

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Only 8 points back after all was said and done. That's 8 points out of 38 possible or we win 4 more out of 19 down the stretch. Damn I wish we were healthy today. It's doable, even if it doesn't happen it could be quite the race.

8 points ties them, but iirc they have the, tie breaking wins against opponent; so the Canucks will have to win four more games and tie one more than Montreal.

• Hydration 1
Just now, gurn said:

8 points ties them, but iirc they have the, tie breaking wins against opponent; so the Canucks will have to win four more games and tie one more than Montreal.

Dammmmmmmmmn you Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrn !!! Just when I was having a nice delusion. :lol: Alright 9 points and 4.5 games it is!    :canucks:   :towel:

• Haha 1
  • SNuck changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • SNuck unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic