The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

We didn't lose Stech he was replaced by Hamonic. TT was traded pre-pandemic. TT was a victim of the cap not going up the expected 5-8 million. Beagle likely being done makes Pearsons contract a wash and who knows what happens with Rousell, LE and Holtby. The first 2 if need be can be moved based on what it cost the Rangers to move stall @6 million it will cost a 2nd, Holtby bought out is an option that saves 4 million.

People really need to see what the roster looks like after the off-season before getting all worked up.

The cap was never going to increase by that much.  It was already artificially too high and players were constantly complaining about escrow.  To limit escrow they need to keep the cap somewhat flat till revenue catches up.  Players and executives talked of how the numbers were too optimistic already before the pandemic.

Same happened the season before where the cap was projected to reach 83M but only went up to 81.5M.  They project with the full escalator but that’s at the players’ discretion.  

A good article on the importance of masks:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/covid-19-canucks-outbreak-a-story-about-the-importance-of-masks?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1618015458

COVID-19: Canucks’ outbreak a story about the importance of masks

The CAN95 masks that protected most of the Canucks’ support staff against COVID-19 infection are made in Burnaby by Vitacore Industries

Author of the article:
Patrick Johnston
Publishing date:
Apr 09, 2021  •  4 minutes ago  •  3 minute read  •   Join the conversation

Vitacore Industries president Mikhail Moore show an N95 mask at his company’s Burnaby facility. ‘PPE is something that I was familiar with, even before the pandemic and just understanding contact precautions,’ he says.

Vitacore Industries president Mikhail Moore show an N95 mask at his company’s Burnaby facility. ‘PPE is something that I was familiar with, even before the pandemic and just understanding contact precautions,’ he says. PHOTO BY JASON PAYNE /PNG

Article content

The way a COVID-19 variant ripped through the Vancouver Canucks since March 30 is yet another reminder of the importance of wearing a mask to protect yourself and others from infection.

Canucks players were on the ice without masks while interacting with Adam Gaudette, the initial positive case, before he tested positive. They did so again the next day when Gaudette was pulled off the ice mid-practice after his positive result was delivered to the team.....(cont'd)

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

You know, I would "you know" fire Benning "you know" on the spot "you know" just to stop "you know" hearing "you know". "You know?"

:emot-parrot:

LOL !  Reminds me of our old coach "Uncle Willie" who used to say in post game interviews; "The boys played a HARD game tonight against some HARD opponents who HARDly came in here to get beat by a HARD team and so that just makes me feel so HARD for our HARD boys !

12 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

LOL !  Reminds me of our old coach "Uncle Willie" who used to say in post game interviews; "The boys played a HARD game tonight against some HARD opponents who HARDly came in here to get beat by a HARD team and so that just makes me feel so HARD for our HARD boys !

You forgot the "reeeaal gooood" :P

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

So the Canucks are itching to resume the season and everyone is on the mend but Benning won’t be making any moves at the trade dead line out of consideration for the players and their families. I’m sure there’s some missed opportunities there.

No team is gonna trade for some covid victim unknown. 

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here are the full videos of the updates from Benning and Bovard if you missed it earlier.

Jake Patterson's question at 8:00 is Bang on;  "What does J.B. actually see in Pearson to warrant am extension?     I'm still trying to figure that out too !

IMO, not a smart move re-signing another old timer on the decline to a three year boat anchor contract.

7 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Jake Patterson's question at 8:00 is Bang on;  "What does J.B. actually see in Pearson to warrant am extension?     I'm still trying to figure that out too !

IMO, not a smart move re-signing another old timer on the decline to a three year boat anchor contract.

I think Jim is suffering from ptsd after last summer and is afraid of missing out. Actually the fear of missing out is driving all these ufa decisions since the beginning and the reluctance of cutting Jake loose. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Big wood.

2090195025_BromancingtheStone.png.a7a2ca44dea0dd98b38ade66592a02de.png

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

old timer? lol

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1