The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, bad alice french said:

Sorry no way he is worth over 10 million bucks on a contract. Benning lost that negotiation plain and simple Tanner Pearson would never of gotten $3.2 million on the open market. He was on his last legs literally when we picked him up and saved his ass from the Penguins. He’s a good player and I like on my team but we should’ve drawn the line of two years maybe at 2.5 per. I think he’s 4 million against a cop in your three. Imagine knowing that you have that type of security in the last year of your three-year contract. Benning got fleeced again. 

You know this, how? He already took a significant pay cut to stay here. Fleeced? Nope.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’ve had hope with worse odds than this so I’ll be cheering until there’s nothing left to cheer for.

It was revenge for Gillis work as a player agent and cheezing off alot of NHL executives.  And there was nothing that we could do about it.  Jacobs was a made man and Aquilini wasn't.  And we had to sit still and take it.  It was among the teams with the real stroke in the league.  It was real grease ball ****.  

:ph34r:

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah there’s lots of stuff like that to look forward to. I’ll probably cheer for a playoff spot for awhile too. Only thing coach Green has to do is manage his players playing time. We’ll see there. But nobody should be whining  at this point. Tough season in so many ways. 

yeah this year has sucked all around is so many ways.

However, there are good things happening too. Just loved the Podkolzin performance today. I think he and Tryamkin will have a big impact next year. 

The trade deadline is toast for us, but maybe thats OK too, its not like the prices are high for players this year, the market is crap for returns so far for most trades. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, xereau said:

You know this, how? He already took a significant pay cut to stay here. Fleeced? Nope.

A year too much and 1M too much. End of story for me and I feel defending that is a waste of time. I'm so sick and tired of not having cap flexibility with millions going toward ageing contracts or bottom six forwards. Benning just keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Overpay.

One year too many.

No movement protection in some manner.

He's over 4M against the cap in year 3. There were probably 10-15 comparable players placed on waivers over the past few weeks. Many of them will struggle to get any money this off season and many will never play in the NHL again. But hey, let's give our version of that player 10 M over 3 years with expansion protection to boot.

Edited by bad alice french