The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Really?

You can say what you wish but it is true. 

It is kinda funny that you post that it is fake considering the garbage that you post.

For reference. I live in a country with one of the highest death rates per million. In fact, a few months ago there was an ad in the paper saying that there was 10% vacancy in the old age homes. On the next page there was an article about how 10% of the elderly had died in the old age homes.

I also lived in Mexico for 9 years. 

I'm so sorry you live in  Mexico...it explains alot

21 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I lived in TO for 5 years (Big mistake, I know) from 99-04. For as arrogant as Leaf fans are, and how much they drink the Kool aid. I still won't forget being on the streetcar going to work. There was a bunch of elementary school kids discussing hockey. I was rather amazed at how good they were at breaking down the game, and how knowledgable they were. 

But yes, they weren't GM's, and they still had hope eternal that the Leafs would win the cup. 

Still took a lot of self-restraint if I went to a pub to watch a Leafs vs. Canucks game. Two bastards were at the bar, bashing Vancouver players. Oddly enough they only mentioned like 1970's and 80's players. My blood was really boiling when they bashed Stan Smyl. I left after the second period to watch at home. Had to bite my tongue a LOT.

(The food at the pub, and the cute waitress made up for it...)

Wow, that's cool and hilarious. Thanks for sharing G1915!

https://www.nhl.com/news/canucks-return-to-play-nhl-season-extended/c-323496724

I would like to thank all the doctors on this site that proclaimed half of the Canucks would die from Covid and they will never play hockey again because they are long haulers. Thank you CDC doctors. Thank you for forcing your fears onto the rest of us. Thank you!

I feel refreshed.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

23 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

You know what? Post a video if you're so great as to poke fun of others. Show us how you are so grand that you can look down upon others, the conveyor of perfected ideas if you will. You know, show us how it's done ... oh great one. 

55 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I would like to thank all the doctors on this site that proclaimed half of the Canucks would die from Covid and they will never play hockey again because they are long haulers. Thank you CDC doctors. Thank you for forcing your fears onto the rest of us. Thank you!

I feel refreshed.

Pot meet kettle.

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, apollo said:

I'm putting my reputation on the line! Maybe I'm just happy to see the legend Don Taylor back on tv but I'm feeling the tide turn for our boys 

8 points back from the playoffs...

We're going streaking ladies and gents. Montreal is going to feel our wraith once our boys are well rested and ready to rock... And in some cases, ready to BROCK! 

So refreshing to see donnie back on tv. Long live the icon! Also JP says regards to covid... No one had anything serious... As in nothing compared to what actual vulnerable people went thru this past year... 

5 minute mark "Quinn is doing better... A lot of guys weren't feeling that great. I'm not saying anyone was serious or anything like that, but u have to take it serious" 

Your covid symptoms can't get worse if u have private doctor giving u IV and 4 properly nutritious meals from the onset of infection... Your body simply will crush it.

Wasn't worried about our boys 1 bit. We're going to the moon. Playoffs or bust! 

Disclaimer: Stay safe! Follow your province guidelines. Covid is not a joke. We have a very high population of vulnerable Canadians that need us to buckle down and kill this virus for the collective well being. 

TLDR: Canonks are going to the moon. 

your reputation :unsure:

is legendary :canucks::canucks::canucks::towel:

• Haha 1

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-vancouver-canucks-covid-protocol-1.5978380

This is not going to be easy for the team to get through the season; especially with the gruelling schedule they now have.  I wish them well, but I am not anticipating a lot of wins for them.  The other teams are in great physical condition and are primed for the playoffs.

I will watch the games and cheer for them anyways.  GCG

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Yes I know. I just ... you know, want everyone to be healthy. :mellow:

Then quit downplaying the potential severity of the variants.  We learned how quickly a case can burn through a group of people...not all will be so lucky.  These are young athletes in prime condition...so they may have battled through easier than others.  

Also...not sure we can just brush this off as "nothing to see here" without them weighing in.   I'm quite sure some of them would say "take this thing seriously".

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-vancouver-canucks-covid-protocol-1.5978380

This is not going to be easy for the team to get through the season; especially with the gruelling schedule they now have.  I wish them well, but I am not anticipating a lot of wins for them.  The other teams are in great physical condition and are primed for the playoffs.

I will watch the games and cheer for them anyways.  GCG

Me too.

"Down the stretch" teams are acclimatized as the pace and intensity pick up.   Having a few weeks of illness/down time then expecting them to jump back in to a schedule never seen before is expecting miracles.

What a year.  Nexxxxxt.....

Also will say this:  it's interesting to see how other teams are failing (Habs) when THEY have to endure some of what this team went through earlier on.  No excuses....it just highlights how difficult and gruelling this is.  People who slammed the team for struggling have to consider that they were expected to do it right out of the gates...no time to form chemistry, learn systems/about new members, etc.  Just hit GO without having time to get into game shape as the teams now experiencing the condensed scheduling are.  People ignored the schedule but this really shows the impact it's having this year.  It is NOT easy.

Some were SO high on Montreal and used their team to compare have/have not stuff.  But no team will find this year "easy" and breeze through it despite the roster.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Then quit downplaying the potential severity of the variants.  We learned how quickly a case can burn through a group of people...not all will be so lucky.  These are young athletes in prime condition...so they may have battled through easier than others.  

Also...not sure we can just brush this off as "nothing to see here" without them weighing in.   I'm quite sure some of them would say "take this thing seriously".

Okay, I don't disagree it's serious. I thought this was the hockey thread and there is another thread for Corona stuff. I'm sorry.

I just wanted to comment on my professional experience as an athlete and alleviate fears. I was wrong, I will go elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Okay, I don't disagree it's serious. I thought this was the hockey thread and there is another thread for Corona stuff. I'm sorry.

I just wanted to comment on my professional experience as an athlete and alleviate fears. I was wrong, I will go elsewhere.

The team HAS Covid, so it ties in.

Can you tell us about the professional experience you've had dealing with COVID?

12 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Might not be a bad thing especially if offers from other teams on our certain players may be low ball offers. 

certainly appears to be likely. Add to that Benning doesn't want to put that stress on players recovering from covid. I'm sure he'll be criticized for that too from the usual suspects. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

certainly appears to be likely. Add to that Benning doesn't want to put that stress on players recovering from covid. I'm sure he'll be criticized for that too from the usual suspects. 

One thing you can say about JB, is that he's a good man who really cares about his players.  Some will say he's not ruthless enough as a GM and that may be so.

I suspect most of the players he's ever signed appreciate and trust him a lot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2