The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Then quit downplaying the potential severity of the variants.  We learned how quickly a case can burn through a group of people...not all will be so lucky.  These are young athletes in prime condition...so they may have battled through easier than others.  

Also...not sure we can just brush this off as "nothing to see here" without them weighing in.   I'm quite sure some of them would say "take this thing seriously".

Deb, everyone is taking it seriously.  You and @gurn freaking out over anyone that says anything remotely against the notion that we should be scared constantly, is very tiring.  

Like what do you guys think every single one of us has done for the past 390 days?  

Thanks for re-iterating all the worst possible scenarios guys, it's a nice break from the real world.  

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

One thing you can say about JB, is that he's a good man who really cares about his players.  Some will say he's not ruthless enough as a GM and that may be so.

I suspect most of the players he's ever signed appreciate and trust him a lot.

His last two signings have been curious when it comes to the timing of it.  The Pearson one especially screams good will to me.  

I don't love it or hate it, personally, but I do hope that it goes further into establishing an internal team cap, meaning that Elias comes back for 7 mil/year and Hughes comes back for 5 mil/year.  

Just now, gurn said:

Quote me "freaking out" 

please.

You coming out of the woodwork to tell me to wear my mask when I'm around you, unsolicited. 

12 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Deb, everyone is taking it seriously.  You and @gurn freaking out over anyone that says anything remotely against the notion that we should be scared constantly, is very tiring.  

Like what do you guys think every single one of us has done for the past 390 days?  

Thanks for re-iterating all the worst possible scenarios guys, it's a nice break from the real world.  

Freaking out?  "Scared constantly"?  That's a little more dramatic than responding to posts in a "discussion".

Everyone is not taking it seriously but if you are, that's great.  Thanks for doing so.

33 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Eriksson is my guess, scoring on his own net again, metaphorically.

The person has to be on the active roster so it has to be one of benn, miller, boeser or Vesey. Who ever got it will also miss some game minimum 10 days from testing positive. 

Edited by hockeyking
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Freaking out?  "Scared constantly"?  That's a little more dramatic than responding to posts in a "discussion".

Everyone is not taking it seriously but if you are, that's great.  Thanks for doing so.

Thanks for reminding everyone.  Those reminders are constantly & desperately needed.   It never gets too old.   As I 've previously mentioned, many are not taking things seriously especially in my neighborhood of Surrey where alot of younger people are walking around with no mask and social get together's are common. Last night I took a nice evening walk around my neighborhood and there I purposely counted 8 houses with masses of cars out front and loads of people inside.   Even though it's Surrey and it's normal to see 5 cars and a dump truck parked outside many homes, I highly doubt all those cars lumped outside each home were all from the same extended families, as i could hear roars of people thru some of the windows in at least 5 of those 8 homes which I suspect could have been parties.    That's probably why Surrey is the most contaminated district in all of Canada. Just like every 10th car driving on the streets of Surrey has a driver holding a cell phone, it looks like many are not following simple Covid restrictions either.  Perhaps it's a language barrier and people are not getting the message???  I don't know but its not good.

So keep reminding everyone as I do, so we can all make it out of this ALIVE and without Long-Haul symptoms (which 1/3 of infected people will get).  

BTW; here's how the locals here in Surrey center/Whaley save .05 cents on a mask.........

21 Actually Funny Coronavirus Memes To Cheer You Up - Society19

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

I find it so weird that the person tested positive this much later. They were isolated and must have been tested already a bunch of times. It makes me wonder how many other people in the public don’t show they’re infected until a week later. Could leave a big opening for someone to think they don’t have COVID from one test but a few days later they actually do have it.

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

One thing you can say about JB, is that he's a good man who really cares about his players.  Some will say he's not ruthless enough as a GM and that may be so.

I suspect most of the players he's ever signed appreciate and trust him a lot.

yup he's likely generating a lot of good will with how this is all being handled, might get noticed around the league as well 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

His last two signings have been curious when it comes to the timing of it.  The Pearson one especially screams good will to me.  

I don't love it or hate it, personally, but I do hope that it goes further into establishing an internal team cap, meaning that Elias comes back for 7 mil/year and Hughes comes back for 5 mil/year.  

JP Barry who represents both with Pat Brisson says they will negotiate their deals together like they did for Toews/Kane.  He says elite players are going to get paid but that it will be tougher for the middle tier with the flat cap.  Would expect matching deals.