The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Barry compared it to Towes and Kane tho. That suggests they are linked in that way. 

He did say that I guess but if he meant it literally I think it’d be a short conversation. I’m sure Barry will be a tough negotiator but he seemed to be practical at the same time. He also mentioned that there was almost no chance of them receiving offer sheets.

Hey guys i need help that bell red dot gone.. when someone leaves me msg etc.. top right 

I tried change theme its not helping..

Its trade deadline i cant even talk to anyone..

Great trade by Leafs with Foligno.. he's a leader and heavy player.. awesome trade..brings so much to the club...

Edited by WHL rocks

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hey guys i need help that bell red dot gone.. when someone leaves me msg etc.. top right 

I tried change theme its not helping..

Its trade deadline i cant even talk to anyone..

Great trade by Leafs with Foligno.. hes a leader and heavy player.. awesome grade..bru gs so much to the club...

Their D is still leaky garbage. 2nd round bounce, maybe even Winnipeg does the honors this year in the 1st.

14 minutes ago, xereau said:

Their D is still leaky garbage. 2nd round bounce, maybe even Winnipeg does the honors this year in the 1st.

I think Leafs beat WPG.. 

Jets need a top 4 Dman. Who do they trade for? Leafs have their D set needed a guy like Foligno.. heavy player. Board battles, physical, leader.. big locker room guy.. great trade by Dubas...

Sounds a bit scary that the team still might return on Friday even though Beagle just tested positive for the first time. Can we just wait until it's safe and play fewer games to end the season? Just rank us by point percentage, like last year.

• Like 1

One upside is it is unlikely that the team will go through this again anytime soon, as they all got hit at once. However, I think they can probably still catch it again and test positive, it would just look more asymptomatic? Is there a minimum sit out time for vaccinated/previously recovered, or is just a number of negative tests over days?

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I think Leafs beat WPG.. 

Jets need a top 4 Dman. Who do they trade for? Leafs have their D set needed a guy like Foligno.. heavy player. Board battles, physical, leader.. big locker room guy.. great trade by Dubas...

Always Canucks first and as always hate Toronto but I think Canada's best chance this year. Loaded up.... and primed to go.

3 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

The link is that they are both being represented by Barry and will be drawing from the same pool of moneys available. This does not mean that they will or will not get identical contracts.

Why refer to Toews/Kane then? 

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, mll said:

Why refer to Toews/Kane then? 

I just went back and watched it again and Barry clearly says that “we’ll be talking for a couple of hours so why wouldn’t we talk about them both, just like we did with Toews and Kane.” He also says that one affects the other because there’s only so much money available.  I could be wrong but I’m just not equating that to both getting the same deal. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Haha...I meant the last time a Canadian team has won. Good God, has it really been 28 years, closing in on 30? 

Several years ago the chances of a Canadian team not having won in the interim was approaching astronomical, and now it's infinitely so.

It doesn't even take a tinfoil calculator, nor a degree in statistical analysis to see this.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, SNuck said:

Weird, wonder who it was (options are limited). 

I saw it was Beagle 

incase no one posted that ::D

Aaand, with further reading it was posted so disregard lol 

Edited by nucksnavsfan
  • Cheers 1