The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

27 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Fingers crossed this gets to go ahead....their practice was delayed because another player tested positive?...

That was yesterday no? I thought some skated today and no news on any new cases today.

46 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm too confused on today's transactions to know what to think. 

I’m thinking Bennings intentions were less about improving the team and more about the expansion draft.

Would have been nice to get a bunch of picks and prospects but with our situation it wasn’t likely.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m thinking Bennings intentions were less about improving the team and more about the expansion draft.

Would have been nice to get a bunch of picks and prospects but with our situation it wasn’t likely.

Interesting he mentioned he talked to the players about being moved. If I can read between the lines he asked Sutter and he declined based on covid/family etc. Interesting.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Have you posted the Deadmarsh fight yet?

By Deadmarsh...I mean Dead-marsh 

There was a hilarious incident where Shane Corson went after Jovocop off the ice (I *think* both were thrown out of the game BUT the game was still going on) as his feelings were hurt.:lol:

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I defend certain things that haters throw out there but I also criticize his mistakes.

The biggest stories that annoy the crap out of me is the 7- year rebuild bs and how he gets no credit for all the good and all the hate for anything that was beyond his control.

Do you honestly believe this team has been rebuilding for 7 years? Because based on the moves made it seems he was kind of pushed by higher-ups to be competitive until the twins retired. Signing LE who was the cream of the UFA crop and adding guys like Vrbata, Miller etc are not moves a rebuilding team makes. Kesler would never have been moved so soon except he demanded it and sadly he was the only piece that we could have got a really good package for if he literally didn't give Benning one team to deal with.

The only moves that really didn't work out were LE, Rousell and Guddy but LE was not his choice and he at least turned him into Pearson.

He no matter what anyone says is responsible for Petey, Hughes, Boeser, Miller, Podz, Hogs, Rathbone, Demko, that's one hell of a core that was assembled under his watch and as someone who's watched this team since I moved here at 7 in 86, this is the strongest core we have ever had. I fully admit that I'm not a fan of throwing the kids to the wolves and I think every elite team will always have vets that maybe cost more than what they produce in points but you can't argue with how well the kids do in the environment he has built and over the next few years guys like Lind, Jonah, OJ, Woo, Mikey etc can come in and get sheltered by the vets so many people have slammed Benning for. And with Ferland and Beagle done, there is upwards of 25 million to sign Hughes and Petey and that's without any other moves that are likely to happen. 

So, you say Benning is a head scout.

I thought he was a general manager... My bad.

• RoughGame 1