The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

19 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yesterday the first person me and my wife know personally passed away after a month long battle with covid..   Leaving a wife of 45 and three teenagers.     It's not something to take lightly and Doubt the doctors or the training staff would let any player play if they aren't cleared.   I also know people who had a fever and the sniffles for a day and that was it... JB loves QHs.    "Slam dunk".,,,  Maybe some rust to expect but that's about it.   Otherwise TG and the training staff won't let them play.

COVID affects everyone differently and society needs to take that into consideration more often than it does. Someone could have it but it might not have any serious effect on them but the person they could pass it to could suffer much more greatly.  Important to make that distinction. 

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

COVID affects everyone differently and society needs to take that into consideration more often than it does. Someone could have it but it might not have any serious effect on them but the person they could pass it to could suffer much more greatly.  Important to make that distinction. 

And that's the problem. Too many people have the "it doesn't affect me so I don't care" attitude. Selfish, entitled children.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yesterday the first person me and my wife know personally passed away after a month long battle with covid..   Leaving a wife of 45 and three teenagers.     It's not something to take lightly and Doubt the doctors or the training staff would let any player play if they aren't cleared.   I also know people who had a fever and the sniffles for a day and that was it... JB loves QHs.    "Slam dunk".,,,  Maybe some rust to expect but that's about it.   Otherwise TG and the training staff won't let them play.

That sucks. I personally know about 12 - 15 people who have died from it and I know a number of others with lingering effects including being tested for brain damage.

Its crazy how it targets some and ignores the others. 

• Huggy Bear 2

18 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Wonder what we do in net if we play Friday.  Just hope one of them gets off the list.  Ride DiPietro?  

A bunch of them will be off the list tomorrow. Demko will start, just my gut feeling 

33 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah I don't see us going on a winning tear after covid. Symptoms give you a lousy mindset,  anxiety and dealing with all kinds of symptoms. Diarrhea and stomach ailments. 

Not without Demko at least (he alone could start a winning streak).

2 hours ago, Silent Man said:

At this point my main concern is the health of our players

Forget about this season, it is done.

Get healthy, have a great summer of training and come back next season stronger than ever.

They want to play and I’d bet they’re ok, yeah sit out the season alone then come back next year strangers and blow months becoming a team again, better yet, get back to it, bond with your teammates/friends that went through it with you, get some emotional games in, recover mentally and physically, gain experience and bond as a team and come back stronger next season. I so hate this attitude based on fear when you have no clue how they feel.

Ive stocked my beer fridge, practiced drinking tonight, bring on the games.

7 hours ago, Dirtman said:

And that's the problem. Too many people have the "it doesn't affect me so I don't care" attitude. Selfish, entitled children.

But they should as we know there is Long Covid but the implications are huge.

https://www.dicardiology.com/article/long-term-cardiovascular-impact-covid-19

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-mental-illness-int-idUSKBN27P35N

Says 1 in 5

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/1-in-3-covid-19-survivors-suffer-long-term-health-issues-review-1.5357291

Says 1 in 3

All of this is within 6 months.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

You do know the Canucks have a better chance of winning the cup this year than dying from COVID right?

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

They want to play and I’d bet they’re ok, yeah sit out the season alone then come back next year strangers and blow months becoming a team again, better yet, get back to it, bond with your teammates/friends that went through it with you, get some emotional games in, recover mentally and physically, gain experience and bond as a team and come back stronger next season. I so hate this attitude based on fear when you have no clue how they feel.

Ive stocked my beer fridge, practiced drinking tonight, bring on the games.

Be a hell of a storey, get over the covid and go on a big run.

I wouldn't even be surprised this team deserves some good karma.

We had such a bad schedule and the number of people laughing at us and calling out anyone who brought up the schedule. Now looking around at the teams who have a similar schedule even while being in mid-season form are playing like crap

The Leafs, Habs, Oilers and Jets have all looked gassed and are playing really terrible hockey. Before Covid we had a real chance to go on a run against those teams ahead of us.

• Cheers 1