The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yesterday the first person me and my wife know personally passed away after a month long battle with covid..   Leaving a wife of 45 and three teenagers.     It's not something to take lightly and Doubt the doctors or the training staff would let any player play if they aren't cleared.   I also know people who had a fever and the sniffles for a day and that was it... JB loves QHs.    "Slam dunk".,,,  Maybe some rust to expect but that's about it.   Otherwise TG and the training staff won't let them play.

COVID affects everyone differently and society needs to take that into consideration more often than it does. Someone could have it but it might not have any serious effect on them but the person they could pass it to could suffer much more greatly.  Important to make that distinction. 

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

COVID affects everyone differently and society needs to take that into consideration more often than it does. Someone could have it but it might not have any serious effect on them but the person they could pass it to could suffer much more greatly.  Important to make that distinction. 

And that's the problem. Too many people have the "it doesn't affect me so I don't care" attitude. Selfish, entitled children.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yesterday the first person me and my wife know personally passed away after a month long battle with covid..   Leaving a wife of 45 and three teenagers.     It's not something to take lightly and Doubt the doctors or the training staff would let any player play if they aren't cleared.   I also know people who had a fever and the sniffles for a day and that was it... JB loves QHs.    "Slam dunk".,,,  Maybe some rust to expect but that's about it.   Otherwise TG and the training staff won't let them play.

That sucks. I personally know about 12 - 15 people who have died from it and I know a number of others with lingering effects including being tested for brain damage.

Its crazy how it targets some and ignores the others. 

• Huggy Bear 2
1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

Wonder what we do in net if we play Friday.  Just hope one of them gets off the list.  Ride DiPietro?  

Tie Bettmans arms and legs to the posts and make him go in net.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Tie Bettmans arms and legs to the posts and make him go in net.

As long as he isn’t wearing gear I am fine with it. He’d probably save every puck. 

• Hydration 1
18 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Wonder what we do in net if we play Friday.  Just hope one of them gets off the list.  Ride DiPietro?  

A bunch of them will be off the list tomorrow. Demko will start, just my gut feeling 

33 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah I don't see us going on a winning tear after covid. Symptoms give you a lousy mindset,  anxiety and dealing with all kinds of symptoms. Diarrhea and stomach ailments. 

Not without Demko at least (he alone could start a winning streak).