The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Yeah just like Cloutier and Baumgartner who elevated. Ian Clark better be signed, the only coach that actually is worth keeping over others. It will be so typical of Canucks management to let him go just like how they let Malhotra, Linden and Brackett go. Yet the mediocre ones get extended.

Yet, weak management will always extend yes men over talent.

Though their short-sighted evaluations don't endure, Jim's sucked 7 years out of the trough.

Not too shabby for him.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Ian Clarke is 1000% on Aqua. Even JB is smart enough to know he have to throw money at Clarke. 

Nothing much any GM can do if ownership don't give them a budget. 

how do you know this is the case? 

28 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Is the non-variant of covid not also highly contagious? Or at least contagious enough where there is a very high likelihood of spread after sitting in the locker room next to people, skating, etc.? 

They’ve made adjustments to their protocol after the outbreaks early in the season.  They’ve improved ventilation around the bench and even removed the glass.  Locker rooms have been adjusted.  Team meetings are held virtually.  Preparation time before games has been reduced with players only allowed to come to the arena 1h45 before games.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I have if in there right? Hypothetical. I don't know.

That said, with Aqua pretty much stating nothing will happen this season non player related until the off season suggest that he is withholding any commitments until the off season. 

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

I have if in there right? Hypothetical. I don't know.

That said, with Aqua pretty much stating nothing will happen this season non player related until the off season suggest that he is withholding any commitments until the off season. 

I missed. that, when did he state that? 

It does make sense that they need to wait to see if there would be a complete season, a vaccine and a new tv deal. Many teams are. Doesn't mean they don't have a contract structure in place. 

But maybe Clarke does walk. This is his 2nd time with the team, he's come and gone before. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I missed. that, when did he state that? 

It does make sense that they need to wait to see if there would be a complete season, a vaccine and a new tv deal. Many teams are. Doesn't mean they don't have a contract structure in place. 

But maybe Clarke does walk. This is his 2nd time with the team, he's come and gone before. 

His vote of confidence tweet can be reasonably inferred that is his stance. 

He might have the structure in place but not made the funds available to JB to do anything yet seeing how JB might not even last to next season. 

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

His vote of confidence tweet can be reasonably inferred that is his stance. 

He might have the structure in place but not made the funds available to JB to do anything yet seeing how JB might not even last to next season. 

so if you're correct, maybe its Clarke waiting for more stability before he makes his decision. 

We just don't know.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Same way they 'know' the reason he isn't extended yet is because Jim's an idiot.

Doesn't matter that they could very well be working on a contract as we speak. Or maybe Clark wants to head back East? Or maybe Clark has another goalie he'd like to work with, etc, etc.

Nope, clearly it's because Jim's a bumbling idiot living 'day to day' or because Frank's cut the purse strings. Maybe even both! :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I love Tan-man.... But I hope we target him physically tonight lol

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

Pearson

Beagle

Ferland

Petterson

Bailey

all out.

Sutter and Hawryluk were also out.

Weird rules about how to recall players.

Wonder how other teams that lose 7 players manage.

I'd guess not well.

I get your take gurn.

Much depends on which 7 players.

Realistically, how many of those names would warrant a spot on any contender's roster, like say Vegas?

Even this year's Petterson might struggle.

We've employed waive pick-ups to emulate similar results, at less cost.

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Same way they 'know' the reason he isn't extended yet is because Jim's an idiot.

Doesn't matter that they could very well be working on a contract as we speak. Or maybe Clark wants to head back East? Or maybe Clark has another goalie he'd like to work with, etc, etc.

Nope, clearly it's because Jim's a bumbling idiot living 'day to day' or because Frank's cut the purse strings. Maybe even both! :rolleyes:

I love Tan-man.... But I hope we target him physically tonight lol

He might just resurrect himself and ask for his Father’s protection against the wicked. 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1