Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic


-SN-

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Just got here, my mom passed earlier today and I decided I could use the distraction of checking in

please tell me they’re winning ?? 

Jesus Nucks. All I can say is I can relate. And I know the distraction part. As a huge Canucks fan and eternal optimist what I can say that isn’t deep, but something that maybe brings something to you and your mom - we are 10 points back on the oilers. We play them 5 more times. There is always hope. There is always something to look forward to. There is always something more meaningful. Live for the day. All the best to you. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zapperman said:

Jesus Nucks. All I can say is I can relate. And I know the distraction part. As a huge Canucks fan and eternal optimist what I can say that isn’t deep, but something that maybe brings something to you and your mom - we are 10 points back on the oilers. We play them 5 more times. There is always hope. There is always something to look forward to. There is always something more meaningful. Live for the day. All the best to you. 

Thanks appreciate it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

For a time. Herd or generational immunities will probably be had. 
 

 

Just like with the flu I do not believe we will have herd immunity from COVID as it mutates, I think the Brazilian strain can reinfect those that have had it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

It's bound to be an endemic, just like influenza. The virus will adapt, humanity will adapt. 

That’s what I think too but it’ll take time for us to adapt to a point where it not as dangerous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Just got here, my mom passed earlier today and I decided I could use the distraction of checking in

please tell me they’re winning ?? 

Sorry for your loss.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Just got here, my mom passed earlier today and I decided I could use the distraction of checking in

please tell me they’re winning ?? 

Take care, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your loved ones.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Just got here, my mom passed earlier today and I decided I could use the distraction of checking in

please tell me they’re winning ?? 

My Condolences. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

It's bound to be an endemic, just like influenza. The virus will adapt, humanity will adapt. 

Of all species that have existed on Earth, 99.9 percent are now extinct. Many of them perished in five cataclysmic events. According to a recent poll, seven out of ten biologists think we are currently in the throes of a sixth mass extinction

 

us humans think we are special. We have gods that we believe put us on earth and made us important plus some other nonsense... but at end of the day we are just another species that came along and  will disappear in time.  If we don't nuke each other to extinction a virus will. As a matter of fact a virus is the most likely thing to wipe us out....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Just got here, my mom passed earlier today and I decided I could use the distraction of checking in

please tell me they’re winning ?? 

I’m really sorry for your loss, nucksnavsfan.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Of all species that have existed on Earth, 99.9 percent are now extinct. Many of them perished in five cataclysmic events. According to a recent poll, seven out of ten biologists think we are currently in the throes of a sixth mass extinction

 

us humans think we are special. We have gods that we believe put us on earth and made us important plus some other nonsense... but at end of the day we are just another species that came along and  will disappear in time.  If we don't nuke each other to extinction a virus will. As a matter of fact a virus is the most likely thing to wipe us out....

I think for a virus to wipe out everyone is unlikely, some will be immune but what will wipe out humans is real life sex dolls, just like date apps made talking to girls passé, once they’re perfected sex dolls will mean no one with no mating skills will ever have to risk rejection ever again and there just won’t be any new people born.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Just like with the flu I do not believe we will have herd immunity from COVID as it mutates, I think the Brazilian strain can reinfect those that have had it.

My friend was in South America in February.. 

 

He got covid whilst there but it wasn't too bad. He stayed there for 5 weeks. Immediately upon return he got sick again  and this time he thought  he was going to die. Symptoms were so bad he didn't think he could handle it. 33 yrs old built like a pro athlete trains hard. Went thru hell..

 

He got it twice in 4 weeks. And 2nd one was so bad he thought he was going to die..

 

Maybe he got this variant you speak of... 

 

I wasn't too worried. My brother and his kids have had it.. very no or symptoms. My friends have had it.. 4 of them live together but only one guy had it others dodnt catch it from him even though they quarantined together... this was in December

  

But these new variants are scary..  don't know where the human animal is headed.. who knows how bad it will get as new variants keep evolving.  

..

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

My friend was in South America in February.. 

 

He got covid whilst there but it wasn't too bad. He stayed there for 5 weeks. Immediately upon return he got sick again  and this time he thought  he was going to die. Symptoms were so bad he didn't think he could handle it. 33 yrs old built like a pro athlete trains hard. Went thru hell..

 

He got it twice in 4 weeks. And 2nd one was so bad he thought he was going to die..

 

Maybe he got this variant you speak of... 

 

I wasn't too worried. My brother and his kids have had it.. very no or symptoms. My friends have had it.. 4 of them live together but only one guy had it others dodnt catch it from him even though they quarantined together... this was in December

  

But these new variants are scary..  don't know where the human animal is headed.. who knows how bad it will get as new variants keep evolving.  

..

  

Fun fact: sickest I’ve ever been in my life was in Peru. Long before Covid. It was so bad I thought I was dying. Lasted 3 days. The bathroom at Machu Picchu will never be the same 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

us humans think we are special. We have gods that we believe put us on earth and made us important plus some other nonsense... but at end of the day we are just another species that came along and  will disappear in time.  If we don't nuke each other to extinction a virus will. As a matter of fact a virus is the most likely thing to wipe us out....

I disagree. The meek shall indeed inherit the earth.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I think for a virus to wipe out everyone is unlikely, some will be immune but what will wipe out humans is real life sex dolls, just like date apps made talking to girls passé, once they’re perfected sex dolls will mean no one with no mating skills will ever have to risk rejection ever again and there just won’t be any new people born.

proxy-image?piurl=http%3A%2F%2Fm.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2F42%2F4246bf511fb95187bfd88a7b1917b21c93d7fba5f160eac04ab73e13b28b8f42.jpg&sp=1617255736Ta69dc1639e759c4bdaeddd9fdb9111cf89f08c0473789331082c7c38db7ef30aproxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2F64.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_lpuejci5mx1r0r1fwo1_1280.jpg&sp=1617255591T7171e13d91e5797f242d3b1c2f1f928140286325a8f97150f1293c9d894af20a

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • -SN- unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...