The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Any out of household gatherings is just plain dumb.  That's why we're in this situation........I'd bet at least 95% of the kids in my school had several multi family gatherings over spring break.  And that's a modest estimate

3d fly GIF by Iequezada
These things coming in every day with people from other places, including countries, is the main reason things aren’t going away. The variants didn’t come from Burnaby and Anmore. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

3d fly GIF by Iequezada
These things coming in every day with people from other places, including countries, is the main reason things aren’t going away. The variants didn’t come from Burnaby and Anmore. 

http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/public-exposures-flights-tables-Current.pdf#page6

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I think for a virus to wipe out everyone is unlikely, some will be immune but what will wipe out humans is real life sex dolls, just like date apps made talking to girls passé, once they’re perfected sex dolls will mean no one with no mating skills will ever have to risk rejection ever again and there just won’t be any new people born.

Hahaha hahaha LMAO 

How did you come up with that.. ur awesome.. lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I think for a virus to wipe out everyone is unlikely, some will be immune but what will wipe out humans is real life sex dolls, just like date apps made talking to girls passé, once they’re perfected sex dolls will mean no one with no mating skills will ever have to risk rejection ever again and there just won’t be any new people born.

Someone will be immune to sex dolls eventually.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My wife works retail in a very busy store and people like to get up close when they talk with masks on but so far so good, mind you back in February 2020 we both had what we thought was the flu, my wife was sick for over a week and I was sick for 4 day which I found weird as I haven’t had the flu in I don’t know how long, maybe every few years I’d have a stuffy nose for a day or two but that’s it. Since then neither of us has been sick.

Yeah - Dec 2019 I was in Toronto for year end work meetings and pretty sure I got it. Sat next to someone who was sick and then myself and others started getting sick as the week went on. Colleague was puking so bad he couldn't make the company Xmas party and I had chills and shakes. Felt aweful and continued even when I came home. Last Feb more than half my sons elementary school class was away sick with Fever, cough and stuff much worse than what kids are getting now. This was all likely the first wave when didn't know as much but the reality is that it started spreading late 2019. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Shortly after the American Film Market in November 2019, all of my friends who ended up going to Santa Monica, California got severely sick, as well as their families.

”never been as sick as this in my entire life”

By the end of the month, California was seeing a major spike in cases of cardiac arrest and severe pneumonia.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Any out of household gatherings is just plain dumb.  That's why we're in this situation........I'd bet at least 95% of the kids in my school had several multi family gatherings over spring break.  And that's a modest estimate

Toronto is thinking of having restaurants ID their customers for “same household” tables.

If people can fake their Covid certificates, they’ll figure out how to idiotize their idiocy in that way too.

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Shortly after the American Film Market in November 2019, all of my friends who ended up going to Santa Monica, California got severely sick, as well as their families.

”never been as sick as this in my entire life”

By the end of the month, California was seeing a major spike in cases of cardiac arrest and severe pneumonia.

Funny, my wife’s mom was visiting from Slovakia and in late January we flew her to LA to visit he daughter, she than came back and left a week later and we got sick about a week after she left, oddly she never did.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Toronto is thinking of having restaurants ID their customers for “same household” tables.

If people can fake their Covid certificates, they’ll figure out how to idiotize their idiocy in that way too.

Sorry sir, your papers are not in order, please come with us.

• Vintage 4

11 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Yeah - Dec 2019 I was in Toronto for year end work meetings and pretty sure I got it. Sat next to someone who was sick and then myself and others started getting sick as the week went on. Colleague was puking so bad he couldn't make the company Xmas party and I had chills and shakes. Felt aweful and continued even when I came home. Last Feb more than half my sons elementary school class was away sick with Fever, cough and stuff much worse than what kids are getting now. This was all likely the first wave when didn't know as much but the reality is that it started spreading late 2019. 

I was in Edmonton when it hit China. I told my friends and family that it's coming and it's going to be bad.. people dismissed it... I used to watch the live feed of China building a 4k room quarantine centre in 10 days. Then Wuhan being locked down.. world governments didn't react and respond in a timely manner..

But now it's getting scarier with all these variants.. rough times

2 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Just got here, my mom passed earlier today and I decided I could use the distraction of checking in

please tell me they’re winning ?? 

wow thats terrible, my condolenses...but post poned probs be a week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Actually how it spreads is thru shopping interactions..

Gas station groceries coffee ... ppl working at those places exhnage items with hundreds of people.per day.. germs from ur coffe cup or from the change u got back from clerk at grocery store.. or in @DumbNuck case beer store. That's the danger spot I try to be most careful about..

Wash hands as often as possible. If i go to a mall I make 2 trios to washrooms to wash my hands

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I was in Edmonton when it hit China. I told my friends and family that it's coming and it's going to be bad.. people dismissed it... I used to watch the live feed of China building a 4k room quarantine centre in 10 days. Then Wuhan being locked down.. world governments didn't react and respond in a timely manner..

But now it's getting scarier with all these variants.. rough times

What really scares me is what this world will look like when/if this passes, I have distant family that perished under the Germans and when I was still in diapers my day woke upon day, went to go buy bread and saw Russian tanks rolling down the street, a week later we managed to escape to France then Canada, people with too much power scare me more than anything else in this world.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Actually how it spreads is thru shopping interactions..

Gas station groceries coffee ... ppl working at those places exhnage items with hundreds of people.per day.. germs from ur coffe cup or from the change u got back from clerk at grocery store.. or in @DumbNuck case beer store. That's the danger spot I try to be most careful about..

Wash hands as often as possible. If i go to a mall I make 2 trios to washrooms to wash my hands

I’ve never been the cleanest person and really haven’t changed my habits in fear of COVID, I do think I have a very healthy immune system from my lifelong lack of cleanliness though. 

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • RoughGame 1