The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

20 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That’s 4 games needing rescheduling, including last night. 

Looks like we are gonna be in a similar boat as the Habs with a condensed final stretch. 

Damn, we already got a condensed schedule to start the whole thing. 

The team this year is just cursed on all fronts. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

why? cant the 2 that are in covid ,  not play but the rest can? why does the whole team have to suffer for 2 players? only 2 were positive, the rest werent so why can we just replace those 2 for the time being 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm guessing these games will be moved to mid-May.

I wonder if they’ll adjust the schedule for Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton next week so they’re not just fitting around waiting.  Alleviate some of the trickle down effect. Maybe have Winnipeg and Calgary play each other a couple times 

3 minutes ago, x00x said:

why? cant the 2 that are in covid ,  not play but the rest can? why does the whole team have to suffer for 2 players? only 2 were positive, the rest werent so why can we just replace those 2 for the time being 

That’s what I thought too, maybe more tested positive, if so we’ll find out tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, x00x said:

Because the incubation period is up to 7 days.  They need to make sure the rest of the team is clear from the last possible infection point 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Because the incubation period is up to 7 days.  They need to make sure the rest of the team is clear from the last possible infection point 

lets hope this is it :unsure: 

I'll miss it once its over, but I kinda want this season over 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If it’s anything like the Montreal situation the teams practice facility will be shut down and they won’t  have permission to practice until they get the all clear from the health authority. (Likely the 7th) 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder how next season will be like. I don't think it will be a completely normal season like how it was pre-COVID, but I could see it being better than the current season and being it more of a transition period.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, x00x said:

There would be too many as close contacts who would have to self isolate. It takes days for symptoms to show up or even enough viral load to build enough that it would show in testing 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Me too.   Want this year over already lol. If only we could all just buy some food and stay still for two weeks. 

• Cheers 1