The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The Wire for me. 

I've been writing a book series since before covid (Not for sale yet, but book 1's nearly done, other 2 are done but need proof work!), and each chapter has a 'chapter quote in it', a direct homage to The Wire heh.

The Wire > The Sopranos > Breaking Bad. Top 3 shows for me all time. Narcos is pretty good too, tbh.

The acting in The Wire from all of those young kids, many of them straight from the streets of Bodymore, Murdaland was certainly the greatest direction in the history of cinema. Not a bad performance from any of them.

image.png.b1d11fb71bdf133fa0186a3cea1b4552.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The Wire for me. 

watched the first 2 seasons, couldnt get into it.
edit: finally got around to watching chernobyl, i thought it was good.

Edited by TNucks1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

watched the first 2 seasons, couldnt get into it.
edit: finally got around to watching chernobyl, i thought it was good.

Watch it from the perspective knowing that it was a direct finger in the eye of the establishment (Democrats running that city into the ground for decades, and keep in mind that this show is now nearly 20 years old and the same $&!# is going on still today!). The Executive Producer is a Democrat too, so there's absolutely no partisan games. Check out how many politicians have been caught thieving there, and then watch seasons 4 and 5, and you will come to fully appreciate his vision for the arc of the show. He was made to finish up the final season in half a year, at it's peak popularity because it was telling the absolute truth about the HORROR SHOW which it and many other large American cities have become.

Edited by xereau
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

The Stand is out on Prime. What the actual H E double hockey sticks were they thinking?

It’s very relevant right now. I have read the novel twice. Of course the book is much better. Heavy read tho at over 1100 pages..

It is very intense and is a far more serious situation then our current reality. Should bring some levity to our lives.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I've been binge watching Sons of Anarchy

Watched the whole series pre-covid. Might be worth a redo.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I just did the new version of The Stand and now the classic 94 original version!

I didn’t know they produced a 1994 version, where can I find it?

16 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

It’s very relevant right now. I have read the novel twice. Of course the book is much better. Heavy read tho at over 1100 pages..

It is very intense and is a far more serious situation then our current reality. Should bring some levity to our lives.

One of my favourite books too and I have read it several times. I just don’t think it’ll be the distraction most people will be looking for right now. I am looking forward to getting into the new version.

edit. I have the 1994 version on DVD and it looks like there is poor quality one on YouTube.

Edited by 4petesake
Addition
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

One of my favourite books too and I have read it several times. I just don’t think it’ll be the distraction most people will be looking for right now. I am looking forward to getting into the new version.

Yes, you are probably right. I have started watching, 4 episodes in, but having a hard time getting in to it. I think I’ll just find the book again.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Have you read the Dark Tower series? Captain Tripps is just one part of the universe falling apart, and we find out why.

I have, being a long time and fervent King fan. Loved it. Tho I was not a big fan of the ending.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I have, being a long time and fervent King fan. Loved it. Tho I was not a big fan of the ending.

Well, it leaned heavily on Hindu spiritualism and / or the Wheel of Time, that history inevitably repeats itself.

WoT is a hell of a fantasy series, worth the read if you like epic high fantasy.

Edited by xereau

Why watch old shows. There is great hockey being played..

I watched Caps vs NYI then Chicago vs Canes  and now watching Vegas vs Minny..

Canes game was awesome so is the Vegas Minny game. Caps game was a blow out..

Very exciting games on every night.. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Why watch old shows. There is great hockey being played..

I watched Caps vs NYI then Chicago vs Canes  and now watching Vegas vs Minny..

Canes game was awesome so is the Vegas Minny game. Caps game was a blow out..

Very exciting games on every night.. 

Canes are always a fun team to watch. Extremely well coached team. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

Well, it leaned heavily on Hindu spiritualism and / or the Wheel of Time, that history inevitably repeats itself.

WoT is a hell of a fantasy series, worth the read if you like epic high fantasy.

Yes it may have, I didn’t realize that was King’s take. I looked up Jordan’s WOT might be up my alley. Thanks.

On 3/31/2021 at 9:19 PM, nucksnavsfan said:

Just got here, my mom passed earlier today and I decided I could use the distraction of checking in

please tell me they’re winning ?? 

Very sorry for your loss nucksnavsfan

• Like 1