The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7735701/brazil-covid-variant-sao-paulo-graves/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalOkanagan

P1 looks to be mutating inside Brazil and might be more resistant to vaccines.

F*** these right wing nut job leaders who have screwed the entire planet with their garbage.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pfizer-says-trials-suggest-covid-vaccine-works-against-south-african-n1262710

Just saying, its a big difference to say "the vaccines dont work on the new variants"  or

"Might be more resistant " when on going clinical studies are ongoing and suggest vaccines work.

The more we stick to facts about covid19 and the vaccines the more educated and ultimately more protected. Misinformation is feading the belief of these antimask, anti covid19 protesters 

Unfathomable that anti maskers are still so delusional 

Makes us all realize as much as we LOVE our beloved Canucks,  but hockey takes a back seat to this nightmare

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
17 hours ago, x00x said:

why? cant the 2 that are in covid ,  not play but the rest can? why does the whole team have to suffer for 2 players? only 2 were positive, the rest werent so why can we just replace those 2 for the time being 

In case you were still wondering, THAT’S WHY they had to shut down the whole team.  Incubation periods are a bitch 

• Thanks 3
  • Hydration 1

To confirm, they also just announced on Global that it is 8 players, plus multiple staff members have tested positive!! Not sure what this does to the season, I'm thinking it won't just be a short break.

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1
9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

In case you were still wondering, THAT’S WHY they had to shut down the whole team.  Incubation periods are a bitch 

And now, will there be more to come??

7 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

This is all because they played a effective Montreal team.

I’d argue this is all because there’s a global pandemic and people are trying their hardest to balance safety with still having lives to live. Rock, meet hard place :shock:

Oh, and because Benning didn’t resign Tofolli probably :ph34r:

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, gurn said:

Louis Lamour

My Dad read all his books....I'd buy them for him as new ones came out. 

Funny, almost added this but because I, myself, hadn't read them I didn't.  Papa would approve 100% of this recommendation.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

If that is the case, we should be seeing Winterpeg players testing positive asap too...

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

We must ALL do what we can to get through this damn pandemic by staying home and doing everything we can to avoid passing it around.  (I do not blame the players for getting this thing at all...they are staying within the guidelines and still have contracted it which just shows the current state of things as the numbers are exploding here).  

Well, which is it? 

Do you want the players 'staying home' too, or is it okay for them to be out golfing on their days off? (which they have been). 

Can't have it both ways. 

• Vintage 2
19 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

You mean an infected Montreal team?  No one with any actual knowledge of the situations have claimed that’s the case.  If it was you’d think more than 1 Montreal player would have been infected too. This infection could have come from anywhere.  We are in a global pandemic after all 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You mean an infected Montreal team?  No one with any actual knowledge of the situations have claimed that’s the case.  If it was you’d think more than 1 Montreal player would have been infected too. This infection could have come from anywhere.  We are in a global pandemic after all 

Well... they were pretty effective too

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

A day after two players from the habs tested positive 

Only 1 player tested positive the other was put into covid protocol because of close contact. If the authorities responsible for contact tracing suspected Armia had been infected while playing against the Canucks then they would have put Vancouver into covid protocol at the same time that Montreal went into lock down.  There are any number of ways Gaudette could have become infected.  

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I have a much more satisfying vision of dealing with them and it's got a big of a Mad Max feel to it

So do we start dressing like this right away or is there a certain amount of time that has to pass?

mad max GIF

mad max GIF

• Haha 3
41 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There is a good chance the Canucks may not play until after the trade deadline.

I'm perfectly ok with anything postponing the season if it means taking care of people's health, first and foremost.

Life will go on (except for those who succumb to this horrible virus that we all need to pitch in to eliminate) and hockey will resume when it's once again safe.  

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

So do we start dressing like this right away or is there a certain amount of time that has to pass?

mad max GIF

mad max GIF

Haha, screw it, I'm going RHPS for the apocalypse

tim curry GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 3
  • SNuck changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • SNuck unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic