The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There is a good chance the Canucks may not play until after the trade deadline.

Trying to stay positive here while the rest of the board yells at each other.

Maybe other teams will forget how bad roussell is!?!?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Only 1 player tested positive the other was put into covid protocol because of close contact. If the authorities responsible for contact tracing suspected Armia had been infected while playing against the Canucks then they would have put Vancouver into covid protocol at the same time that Montreal went into lock down.  There are any number of ways Gaudette could have become infected.  

bottom line, i think it is pretty harsh to blame the players,   we just don't know enough about covid to push blame.  i feel bad that some so called fans are so selfish that they blamed Gaudette and Hamonic, because they couldn't watch hockey. stand behind our team 

Edited by bree2
  • Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

hopefully everyone has minor symptoms and are okay, but it feels like Jim got his excuse for the season to save his job

Jim won't get away with COVID 19 as an excuse because Canucks are way out of the playoff race before some players have been tested positive.

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Did we actually go out for pre game practice after knowing gauds had covid and was around others allegedly?

If this outbreak started there, Who made that crazy stupid call.

The reports clearly stated that half way through practice they got the results and acted immediately pulled Gauds

Just now, bree2 said:

bottom line, i think it is pretty harsh to blame the players,   we just don't know enough about covid to push blame.  i feel bad that some so called fans are so selfish that they blamed Gaudette and Hamonic, because they couldn't watch hockey. stand behind our team 

Absolutely.  This virus is all around us and the infection could have come from anywhere.  It’s crazy how many times a day you unconsciously touch your face. You can be following all the protocols and still get infected.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Absolutely.  This virus is all around us and the infection could have come from anywhere.  It’s crazy how many times a day you unconsciously touch your face. You can be following all the protocols and still get infected.  

Yep. There is no hiding from this thing. You can't enter a building in B.C. without wearing a mask, yet case-positives are higher than ever. Herd-immunity is the answer, in any manner that it is achieved. 

4 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

The reports clearly stated that half way through practice they got the results and acted immediately pulled Gauds

Tuesday yes, But were we not on the ice wednesday before the game got cancelled? I was on the gdt and they had practice set up, Not sure if they actually went out though hence asking

I say it again:

If you decide to have NHL games during such a pandemic you have to protect the players by vaccinating them.

NHL should have made the call that players and staff have to be vaccinated at the start of the season.

Not vaccinating players and staff turned out to be a nightmare.

Could have been avoided easily.

Alone the fact that there every teams consists of a group of individuals increases the risk that not only one individual gets infected but many more because of the daily contact.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I say it again:

If you decide to have NHL games during such a pandemic you have to protect the players by vaccinating them.

NHL should have made the call that players and staff have to be vaccinated at the start of the season.

Alone the fact that there every teams consists of a group of individuals increases the risk that not only one individual gets infected but many more because of the daily contact.

The league doesn’t have a say. The government has determined the protocol on who is eligible to get the  vaccine.  Hockey players are no more important than any of the other of millions of workers in BC that are working without being vaccinated yet 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Lots of people are working during the pandemic without vaccination. Hockey isnt essential to anyone. 

No hockey isn't essential, but it is what people are complaining about here .... as if it really were important. 

Edited by Jack Fig

19 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Can they trade a player who has covid?

nope you have to stay isolated for 14 days per BC rules, Guadette will be cleared on the 14th of April, and other players after. Another thing is your if your a close contact you also after isolate and stay home for two weeks everybody on the team is close contact. so basically we are screwed for the dealine

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

nope you have to stay isolated for 14 days per BC rules, Guadette will be cleared on the 14th of April, and other players after. Another thing is your if your a close contact you also after isolate and stay home for two weeks everybody on the team is close contact. so basically we are screwed for the dealine

They'd changed it to 7....not sure if that still applies and it's likely IF they test negative?   Not sure what happens here....maybe they'll extend the deadline?

9 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I say it again:

Then you don't have a season

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

They'd changed it to 7....not sure if that still applies and it's likely IF they test negative?   Not sure what happens here....maybe they'll extend the deadline?

i tested positive and was told by health bc you have to stay in your room for 14 days and everybody in my house also cant  go out in public until they have cleared the 14 days.

• Huggy Bear 1