The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

16 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

by the why Roussel is and idiot for going off on Saturday

Well, he got the break he wanted. 

8 players positive.  This will be a while. 

Since players are not in a true bubble like last summer, the likelihood of getting it increases as the community prevelance increases.  They are bascially reflecting what lower mainland BC is like now. 

48 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

NHL players are being vaccinated in the USA for some time now. Canucks + support should all jump on a plane and fly to T Bay. If Coumo in NY State was moving his buddies up the line for testing and shots I have to think Trudeau is doing the same thing. 

If the NHL does not complete its season will they determine draft position by win/lose %? Currently Van would be drafting 6th.

Heard only about Tampa and Vegas.  What are the other teams?

Guerin confirmed that the Wild are going to wait their turn and will not jump the line.

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Did we actually go out for pre game practice after knowing gauds had covid and was around others allegedly?

If this outbreak started there, Who made that crazy stupid call.

B I N G O !!!

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

nope you have to stay isolated for 14 days per BC rules, Guadette will be cleared on the 14th of April, and other players after. Another thing is your if your a close contact you also after isolate and stay home for two weeks everybody on the team is close contact. so basically we are screwed for the dealine

Pretty sure it would be just like trading an injured player. It's still possible, but clearly would effect their value/how saleable they are.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

you cant allow a player who hasn't cleared to fly

Who said they were flying anywhere?

Still doesn't mean their rights can't be traded. Again, just like an injured player.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

he was complaining on how Montreal was given another break and saying they have three breaks ( one due to covid) and the canucks only had one. also said other teams had more breaks than them

Well he was speaking the truth and citing our schedule versus others.  I'm not sure it was directed at COVID time off.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm perfectly ok with it being shut down at this point.  Gave it a good go.

Shutting down the Canucks has ramifications for the other 6 teams in the north division. They need to try to complete as many games as possible. 

41 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Francesco's tweet reads very like a season's obituary 

The NHL was very fortunate to pull off the bubble/playoffs successfully, IMO. A season where everybody is travelling around was pushing their luck. 

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm perfectly ok with it being shut down at this point.  Gave it a good go.

Not gonna happen.

The nhl has made it this far they’re not gonna quit now. Worst case scenario they set up another bubble.