The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how the hell the the free for all in Florida avoid this and we didn't? 

Sometimes unfortunately is all comes down to luck (whether it be good luck or bad luck).  Since these millionaire players don't live in the same world as us 'plebs', it matters little what city (or state in this case) that players happen to be employed by.

4 hours ago, mll said:

The likelihood of a trade feels just close to nil.  Can’t really blame Benning if he can’t make a trade given all those conditioning and quarantine issues.

Indeed. Plus injuries etc. But trades, technically, are 'possible'. Just not bloody likely.

I'm sure this context too will be ignored though :lol:

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how the hell the the free for all in Florida avoid this and we didn't? 

One reason could be that most US based players live in single family homes, most of ours live in Condos

And on a more positive note, Utica Comets, with only 9 games played, are still comfortably holding on to second place in their division.  AHL has said, with a planned unequal number of games among teams, that points % will determine playoff teams (Hershey has played most games in the division, with 18)

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, x00x said:

END SEASON Now, Not even worth finishing, get all NHL players vaccinated aswell ...look forward to next season.

People said the same thing last season.

And then they finished the season and it was fine.

Just hope for the best for our players. And we’ll be back watching them play in a couple weeks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, x00x said:

END SEASON Now, Not even worth finishing, get all NHL players vaccinated aswell ...look forward to next season.

This coming from the person who thought Vancouver shouldn’t have to shut down because of 2 positive cases.

The vast majority of players and teams aren’t affected.  They aren’t going to cancel the season. Nor should they.   I suspect you’d have a different attitude if the Canucks were doing well.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the Panthers I mean, or did I miss them getting hit with this? 

Florida built up herd immunity so they’re good now. 

Totally scientific based response here Mr McGill, go ahead

and quote me in a journal :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Couple of pretty good games on right now. Wpg - Tor tied at 1-1 in 3rd, and in the Battle of Alberta, Tkachuck with a great move coming out of the penalty box on a breakaway makes it 2-1  Calgary

I always thought that Canuck fans need to watch more hockey outside of our little bubble. Spread the word Google 

18 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I always thought that Canuck fans need to watch more hockey outside of our little bubble. Spread the word Google 

Watching that Leafs/Jets game ( just ended in a Toronto shootout win) we realize just how fast we have to become thru all 4 lines in order to compete these next few seasons.

32 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I watch it all...well, except I'm watching curling right now because I'm heartbroken over my team.  But yeah, especially the battle of Alberta...usually some really great games.

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Watching that Leafs/Jets game ( just ended in a Toronto shootout win) we realize just how fast we have to become thru all 4 lines in order to compete these next few seasons.

For sure!  Reinforcements are on the way though, just have to keep on improving over the next year while we shed our bad contracts.  Up next: Spooner, Sutter, Benn and Pearson.  Can't wait for the following off-season when it gets real juicy for us! 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I watch it all...well, except I'm watching curling right now because I'm heartbroken over my team.  But yeah, especially the battle of Alberta...usually some really great games.

Calgary to win in OT...  it would be the perfect result for us :) 

Same with Arizona- Anaheim game, please let it go to OT!  We need lots of 3 point games so that we keep on dropping in standings without having to lose

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

the calming voice of Vic Rauter...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Wait a min, there's other teams in this league?

Mind blown.

Anyway, I'm watching grown men in a cage hurt each other right now. It's kinda like curling. :P

• Haha 1