The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Well see you next season boys, take care of yourselves and get better.

The Canucks will be back playing as soon as the club has gone through covid protocols 

• Hydration 2

The league testing is a joke.

How can players get on the ice, especially against other teams before they’ve gotten their test results?

Just irresponsible by everyone involved. It should have been a much shorter season with ample time for proper testing.

The league got greedy by trying to fit too many games in a short period and this is the result.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Might be 2-3 weeks if it’s this widespread.

It all depends on whether or not new cases keep popping up. If no more cases develop then they can get back to it in a week or so. )Of course they’ll need to fill in the lineup with players from the taxi squad) 

Just now, Squamfan said:

Yup all because we played the habs

Haven’t seen a single person related to the situation actually even suggest that. Let alone provide contact tracing proof. 

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

It all depends on whether or not new cases keep popping up. If no more cases develop then they can get back to it in a week or so. )Of course they’ll need to fill in the lineup with players from the taxi squad) 

They were at 8 with additional cases now, might have to wait till they all recover.

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

The Canucks will be back playing as soon as the club has gone through covid protocols 

I'd like to be optimistic as well, but with how wide spread it is and how close we are to the end of the season, it's likely that they'd just call it. I think it's more important for their health and they won't be able to postpone all of the games that they will miss given that they want to end the regular season on May 8th. Two more weeks of a break would give 3 weeks left of a season with basically not much else to play for.

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Yup all because we played the habs

Funny none of them are sick, I’d blame Green but probably not cool, especially since I have no clue, guess sometime sh!t just happens.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

I'd like to be optimistic as well, but with how wide spread it is and how close we are to the end of the season, it's likely that they'd just call it. I think it's more important for their health and they won't be able to postpone all of the games that they will miss given that they want to end the regular season on May 8th. Two more weeks of a break would give 3 weeks left of a season with basically not much else to play for.

The Canucks would ice the Comets before they forfeit the season.

It ain’t happening. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Canucks would ice the Comets before they forfeit the season.

It ain’t happening. 

That’s a great idea, our P% is too high for a good draft pick.

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It’s very unlikely they call the season. Other teams have had to play with extremely depleted lineups once they got through covid protocols.  You have to consider the trickle down effects to the other 6 teams in the division. They’ll play as many games as they can. I’m guessing they’ll still get in at least 50 games 

• -SN- changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • -SN- unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic