Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, samurai said:

So it wasn’t the Roxy?

See i don't mind dark humour, but the original joke just wasn't that good.  

 

Season isn't getting cancelled.  It's no different then any of us here.  If you get Covid, you go home for two weeks and then go back to work.  

 

Btw I'd like to know if that piece of news is for sure by Farhan Lalji, the one about players getting IVs.  Hope they all feel better soon, but if that's some over-dramatized reporting by Farhan I'll be very disappointed. He references Darren Dreger in his tweet (who hasn't tweeted anything about it) and then says "may have gone to homes of players to administer IVs" 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FaninMex said:

That is scary. Get well soon to all the players.

Also, if they need IV and that kinda treatment, I do not believe we will see them back this season with so few games left.

RIP season. Stay safe you all!

 

I might have to follow another team this season. Anyone recommend one? I generally only have time to follow the Canucks.

 

Takin iv is not very serious.. pretty normal just to ge re hidrated.. 

 

AVS are a very fun team to watch...

 

 

Edited by WHL rocks
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

See i don't mind dark humour, but the original joke just wasn't that good.  

 

Season isn't getting cancelled.  It's no different then any of us here.  If you get Covid, you go home for two weeks and then go back to work.  

 

Btw I'd like to know if that piece of news is for sure by Farhan Lalji, the one about players getting IVs.  Hope they all feel better soon, but if that's some over-dramatized reporting by Farhan I'll be very disappointed. He references Darren Dreger in his tweet (who hasn't tweeted anything about it) and then says "may have gone to homes of players to administer IVs" 

it came across as overdramatized and so did Ian's fear porn piece.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

See i don't mind dark humour, but the original joke just wasn't that good.  

 

Season isn't getting cancelled.  It's no different then any of us here.  If you get Covid, you go home for two weeks and then go back to work.  

 

Btw I'd like to know if that piece of news is for sure by Farhan Lalji, the one about players getting IVs.  Hope they all feel better soon, but if that's some over-dramatized reporting by Farhan I'll be very disappointed. He references Darren Dreger in his tweet (who hasn't tweeted anything about it) and then says "may have gone to homes of players to administer IVs" 

In all fairness Lalji references - and quotes - Dregers tweet and his own interpretation "some Canucks players have become very ill". Then he goes on to say "I'm also being told ...." re the IV home visits.  He doesn't say Dreger is the source for that statement. 

 

As to "Overdramatization", all that I have read suggests that the Brazil strain is more seriously debilitating, more easily transmissible, and for some groups, more lethal.

 

See: 

 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210324/variants-of-variants-seen-in-covid-ravaged-brazil

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Googlie said:

In all fairness Lalji references - and quotes - Dregers tweet and his own interpretation "some Canucks players have become very ill". Then he goes on to say "I'm also being told ...." re the IV home visits.  He doesn't say Dreger is the source for that statement. 

 

As to "Overdramatization", all that I have read suggests that the Brazil strain is more seriously debilitating, more easily transmissible, and for some groups, more lethal.

 

See: 

 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210324/variants-of-variants-seen-in-covid-ravaged-brazil

This article doesn’t report what u say above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, samurai said:

This article doesn’t report what u say above.

More easily transmittable The unchecked spread of the more contagious coronavirus variants in Brazil"

 

More debilitating: "60% of all ICU patients in São Paulo, Brazil are now between the ages of 30-50 years old, reports @MattRiversCNN."

 

More lethal: I agree, the embedded video doesn't offer proof, just speculation that it may be the cause of a greater number of deaths among younger people, with some experts saying the flouting of common sense safety measures by the young may be the cause.  

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Just an opinion. Getting sick to the point that you need and IV is fairly serious. It takes time to get your body back to a professional hockey players standard. We shall see what happens.

Having the privilege of getting at home IV service is incredible imo... I know lots of people that have caught it recently, or even myself last year... And boy wish I had the privilege of having IV delivered to lessen my symptoms... 

 

Anyone fighting any flu or virus could benefit from IV. These guys are rich millionaire athletes. You don't need to sound alarm bells if they getting IV. 

 

it probably just means they r taking ever precaution to prevent it escalating. 

 

Really nice luxury to have when you get paid millions and aquaman is ready to flex all his cash to keep u healthy... 

 

As for our boys... Not worried. They have top quality care and they are healthy. 

 

What I'm worried about is our homeless population and our vulnerable who haven't got vaccines. I know this is the Canucks forum, but that demographic is 1000x more important than our glorious boys. 

 

Would be nice if this made Canucks nation open their eyes and everyone be safe. 

 

Give help to others when u can... Mental health help, food bank donations, etc. This is a rough time but together we stand stronger. 

 

:gocan:

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mll said:

 

 

 

9 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Will have to quarantine if we decide to bring them up from Utica. Don't know exactly what's going on there in the first place, so don't know who has been affected, but they've been down for quite some time now. There may be benefit for us to get some players some game time, but may not be of best interest of the league for them to decide that it's worth the risk of playing meaningless games that could affect the playoff teams.

Looks like the reinforcements could already be on their way.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Just an opinion. Getting sick to the point that you need and IV is fairly serious. It takes time to get your body back to a professional hockey players standard. We shall see what happens.

It's serious but not so much that you can't recover and play the next day or week. I've done it several times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's serious but not so much that you can't recover and play the next day or week. I've done it several times.

You got covid that was bad enough to need IV and played professional hockey the next day or week? Good for you. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

You got covid that was bad enough to need IV and played professional hockey the next day or week? Good for you. 

No. I've had IV's for dehydration and played pro sports the next day. No viruses at all. I thought we were talking about IV's?

 

FaninMex said: Just an opinion. Getting sick to the point that you need and IV is fairly serious. It takes time to get your body back to a professional hockey players standard. We shall see what happens.

 

Sorry if you misunderstood what I meant. I wasn't relating it to Covid it at all. Obviously that's a whole new angle but I don't think the IV itself will limit the player.

 

Edited by Gawdzukes
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's serious but not so much that you can't recover and play the next day or week. I've done it several times.

COVID's kind of a different deal as it's an unknown.  I feel that downplaying this is a bit premature.  Dehydration's not quite the same.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's serious but not so much that you can't recover and play the next day or week. I've done it several times.

It's been 14 months for me and no way could I play a period, let alone a game.  Obviously I'm not a professional athlete in peak condition, but I was in very good shape pre-covid.

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -SN- changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • -SN- unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...