The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

No. I've had IV's for dehydration and played pro sports the next day. No viruses at all. I thought we we're talking about IV's?

You don't get home IV for Covid. Home O2 yes. If they are sick enough to need IV for hydration, they should in the hospital. 

My guess it's for IV monoclonal antibody treatments and not hydration.  But monoclonal antibodies don't work as well vs variants, since they were initially designed to work against the older variant last summer. Regardless, this isn't mild covid if you need more treatments other than bed rest and Tylenol. 

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

any reports on who? Lind was already here. 

I would imagine almost everyone that the Canucks have signed.

Baerstchi, Jasek, Rathbone, Lockwood, Teves, Gadjovich, Woo, Kielly.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would imagine almost everyone that the Canucks have signed.

Baerstchi, Jasek, Rathbone, Lockwood, Teves, Gadjovich, Woo, Kielly.

private fight I would imagine as well. That can't be cheap. 

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

You don't get home IV for Covid. Home O2 yes. If they are sick enough to need IV for hydration, they should in the hospital. 

My guess it's for IV monoclonal antibody treatments and not hydration.  But monoclonal antibodies don't work as well vs variants, since they were initially designed to work against the older variant last summer. Regardless, this isn't mild covid if you need more treatments other than bed rest and Tylenol. 

Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. I didn't say anything about Covid and I don't feel like fighting with people for no reason. Thanks for the knowledge though. I think you're in the medical field or something if I recall correctly and I appreciate all your posts. Just to be clear. I was not saying they don't have serious symptoms or that this isn't a serious situation.  I was simply stating that in normal circumstances athletes having an IV does not limit them from playing in the near future.

I think Covid in all forms is deadly serious. 

You guys need to read better before attacking.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. I didn't say anything about Covid and I don't feel like fighting with people for no reason. Thanks for the knowledge though. I think you're in the medical field or something if I recall correctly and I appreciate all your posts. Just to be clear. I was not saying they don't have serious symptoms or that this isn't a serious situation.  I was simply stating that in normal circumstances athletes having an IV does not limit them from playing in the near future.

I think Covid in all forms is deadly serious. 

You guys need to read better before attacking.

I don't think anyone meant to come off aggressive there.  My apologies if that's how I came off.  I enjoy your posts

• Hydration 1
8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

private fight I would imagine as well. That can't be cheap. 

The ones from Utica would have to quarantine anyway.  They wouldn't be available for the 8th if called up today.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

The ones from Utica would have to quarantine anyway.  They wouldn't be available for the 8th if called up today.

We won’t be playing on the 8th.

I would be surprised if we were back before the 12th. That’s 6 games we’ll need to make up. In the end we might only play 3 of those.

9 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Well all tho unfortunate news, it is prime time make some trades with extended time off 

I'll be surprised if the Canucks make even one trade.  First the players have to clear COVID protocols, then they'll have to quarantine wherever they go.  A team gearing up for a cup run won't want that, they'll shop elsewhere in this buyers market.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Looks like our next game is gonna resemble the movie The Replacements.

Jack Edwards calls out the 2011 Bruins before one of our Finals games against them:

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don't even care (at all) about the season anymore at this point.  It seems so strained to have to even try to salvage this thing. 

May the entire team rest, recover and know that our concerns really start and end there right now.  Hockey seems so unimportant as they're struggling....

When I posted that, I kind of had that in mind.  A bit of a "who cares" in relation to that end of things that's highlighted in it all.

On 3/29/2021 at 10:11 AM, Devron44 said:

Go Canucks Go. Fight till the end! this thing.

I also really like the Get  Well Thread idea.... @SNuck?

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So you saying the Canucks will make the playoffs just like that movie?

Lol.

:P

9 minutes ago, BPA said:

So you saying the Canucks will make the playoffs just like that movie?

Lol.

:P

Would be a hell of a comeback story!

• -SN- changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • -SN- unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic