The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I agree to an extent. People for sure need to take it seriously.

However we also need to live in a world where facts are supported by real hard data. Otherwise people are going to not believe anything scientists say. 

Agreed......however, this pandemic has shone a light on some real ugly ignorance in our society.  I honestly never thought there would be this kind of resistance to a pandemic.  Thank God it wasn't a more serious virus or we'd be done for

• Cheers 3

Just now, stawns said:

Agreed......however, this pandemic has shone a light on some real ugly ignorance in our society.  I honestly never thought there would be this kind of resistance to a pandemic.  Thank God it wasn't a more serious virus or we'd be done for

Absolutely.

I couldn’t imagine the number of deaths if this were something with a high kill rate. Hopefully we “dodged” a bullet and governments are more ready if something really deadly starts to spread.

At the end of the day though ignorant people are going to be ignorant. Those people will always exist in society. They try and shape the world to fit their views rather than shape their views to fit the world. There’s no amount of facts they can be given to change their mind.

• Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

The fact its not that deadly is why there is so much resistance lol

Remember all the toilet paper hoarding lol.

Society isn't very smart.

If it was more serious everyone would take it seriously

• RoughGame 4

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

There’s not enough data to say it’s more lethal to young people yet or that it is more resistant to vaccines.

Irresponsible of the media to keep spreading fear like that.

do you have any proof yourself that there is not enough data?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's serious but not so much that you can't recover and play the next day or week. I've done it several times.

I see you took flak for this response. Sorry I was not clearer about needing IV because of Covid symptoms. I will try to be clearer but no promises. I kinda write like I think everyone knows what I am thinking. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bree2 said:

do you have any proof yourself that there is not enough data?

The fact that they’re still saying it’s a possibility and not likely or probable?

Any decent scientist would not make bold statements without having data to back it up. And so far no one is claiming that is more deadly, merely that it could be possible.

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

,,You don't think almost 600k dead in the US is serious?  I know people down there who have lost friends and family in the double digits.  That's not serious?

2,840,000 mourning families world wide, almost 3 million people dead and this 10Pavel says it's not serious?

:picard:

Edited by AbrasiveAjax
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

The fact its not that deadly is why there is so much resistance lol

Remember all the toilet paper hoarding lol.

Society isn't very smart.

If it was more serious everyone would take it seriously

I posted this before and for you I will post it again. My wife and I have lost 15 people to Covid, my grandfather included. One of my wife's friends had her healthy, 35 year old brother die 2 days after showing symptoms. He aunt died the week after. Then, a healthy 40 year old friend of the family died a week later. A friend of my mother-in-law has a friend who lost her husband to cancer last year then 3 weeks ago both of her 30 something year old sons died from Covid.

Covid is plenty serious. 

My wife just reminded me that her sister's father-in-law also died near the start of the pandemic in Mex. I totally forgot about that.

Edited by FaninMex
  • Huggy Bear 3

• -SN- changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | April 8, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SNP