The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think Eklund is going to drop a bit (7-8). E5. :picard::lol: No seriously I think this guy may be the steal of the draft. He's not tiny at all and he's quietly putting up numbers and impressing. He can do everything really well and he's got an eye for knowing what to do at the right time.

Also think Lysell drops and he'd be good around 10-12. However, like you I think the only thing we'll have to worry about is washing the beer out of last years white towels for our playoff run. :canucks:

To be honest any top draft pick would be a boon. I'm kind of talking out of my heart more than anything. My gut says Chibrikov as well. Stanislov Stanzil might be a pick if we make the dance.

interesting, no defencemen listed. That’s all I’ve been looking at is defencemen BUT the right thing to do is select the best player at the time of the pick. Should be interesting! I’m going to check into these guys more but 1 more day till hockey again! 

15 minutes ago, Darius said:

What a tire fire!  Yeah yeah, i know we are having a bad season too...but watching the chumps eat crow is fantastic...

I'd take Lucic's 7 goals and 7 assists over Eriksson's 0 and 1, though.  With 105 hits he'd instantly be on top of our list of players hitting ( although at -13 he'd be up in the Quinn Hughes/Adam Gaudette territory)

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1

Interesting, looking at our stats, I was surprised to see we have only 3 players on the plus side of the +/-  column, and they're not who we think they should be  ......

Benn, at +5

Roussel at +4

MacEwen at +1

For all the flak Roussel takes here, he is not a detriment to the team

• Cheers 2

You know the old proverb, when they zig, you zag. Yeah I neglected the defenceman because I think Powers, Edvinsson, Clarke, and Hughes are gone when we pick. If any one of those guys fall we pounce although I'm not totally sold on Hughes. Lambo becomes interesting later but he's got bust potential written all over him.

If those D are all gone Johnson or even Raty could be a solid pick as well to add skill to the forwards.

You know Benning, he does the opposite of what CDC wants just for laughs. :metal:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Googlie said:

Interesting, looking at our stats, I was surprised to see we have only 3 players on the plus side of the +/-  column, and they're not who we think they should be  ......

Benn, at +5

Roussel at +4

MacEwen at +1

I also think Benn has played well enough to stay in the line-up was really liking OJ though..

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

You know the old proverb, when they zig, you zag. Yeah I neglected the defenceman because I think Powers, Edvinsson, Clarke, and Hughes are gone when we pick. If any one of those guys fall we pounce although I'm not totally sold on Hughes. Lambo becomes interesting later but he's got bust potential written all over him.

If those D are all gone Johnson or even Raty could be a solid pick as well to add skill to the forwards.

You know Benning, he does the opposite of what CDC wants just for laughs. :metal:

Oh he will make a wtf pick and everyone will be mad and then the kid will come over and be a stud lol

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Benn, at +5

Roussel at +4

MacEwen at +1

It's a dubious stat to evaluate players in any event.

13 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I'd take Lucic's 7 goals and 7 assists over Eriksson's 0 and 1, though.  With 105 hits he'd instantly be on top of our list of players hitting ( although at -13 he'd be up in the Quinn Hughes/Adam Gaudette territory)

id take pretty much anyone over Loui right now, the bar isnt that high.  Doesnt take away from my enjoyment of watching the lames nose dive and flounder after watching / reading so many of their fans "confident" comments at the start of the year.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I always find this a funny statement. I know when I played it sure was a good thing if you scored when your line was on and didn't get scored on at the same time.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Maybe Roussel is just adept at getting a line change when the puck is coming the other way, leaving poor Gaudette to fish the puck out of the net?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Maybe Roussel is just adept at getting a line change when the puck is coming the other way, leaving poor Gaudette to fish the puck out of the net?

Oh, you mean the Taylor Hall Special :P

• Haha 1

*sigh*

Ten o'clock here and already 79°F.

Played golf yesterday and by 1 in the afternoon was 94° ..... dragged my ass the last 6 holes, even although was riding a cart.

Looking forward to returning north, even with the 3 days in the Black Cells beneath the Quarantine Hotel dungeons

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

On any other team I would probably take Lucic over Loui, but on the current Canucks I don't know if I could take that additional year on his contract. Shedding contracts asap needs to be prioritized over marginal improvements to our bottom six.

• Cheers 2

21 hours ago, IBatch said:

FYI.  IF we win four in a row, starting next game, we will be right where we were five games ago.     And then need to win 2/3 the rest of the way.   If we lose next game need a six game winning streak...another game an eight game etc...for sure the clock is ticking but it's not over yet.     Plus we can play spoilers, and nothing would make me happier then watching the Flames, well go down in flames. 

There is no hope of the canucks making the play offs. Just have to enjoy the games for what they are and hope that JB can move some of our UFAs by the trade deadline 

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Cheers 2