The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

There was some suggestion that Calgary-Vancouver-Ottawa would have their games rescheduled so that they would finish the season playing one another. None of these teams are serious playoff hopefuls. 

The Canucks have to error on the side of caution. I have not heard of anyone being hospitalized but all the players have to be supported during their isolation. Best Wishes to everyone in the Canuck org!

• Vintage 1
1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I would imagine it would be the first time in sports history. Other than teams that have died in plane crashes.

The Devils had a huge outbreak and were able to continue. I’d imagine the league is looking at that as a guideline.

Wasn't that awhile ago?

The variant is a little different in how quickly it spreads and how hard it's hitting.  Funny how quickly things can change/escalate in such a short period of time.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too.

When I read the story it took me back to my son's experience.  He was under a year old when he suffered a very serious respiratory illness and was placed in an oxygen tent.   As a parent, it's paralyzing to think of the "what if's" involved with a virus that targets the respiratory system and lungs.   Even in all grown up kids...I can't wait for everyone to get vaccinated.  I will for sure cry.

When I was born I was premature. They gave me 50/50 chance of making it. One day later the nurse told my Mom, don't worry he will make it.

He keeps ripping the tube from his nose. :lol:  Hopefully Hamonic's daughter has that same type of fight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

can we still ice a team, even with the remaining taxi players? DiPietro would be the starter and he hasn't played a game in over a year :(

Okay, I am NOT advocating for queue jumping but if they can vaccinate glass factories and costcos with outbreaks it is (okay past) time to vaccinate everyone around this team.  My God.

And not for hockey reasons.

Edited by Raspberries
3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Does this mean all the players listed have tested positive or are some close contact. Regardless, safe to assume the entire team is isolating. Was a bone headed decision to keep practicing once Gaud got pulled and even worse to have the game day practice....

Not sure if rapid tests are reliable, but it is crazy to think games or practices can happen before a teams player results come in negative or positive. Hope the boys get healthy and rest up. 

And to anyone who has targeted a Canuck player or spouse online about infecting the team....Get bent, this is a contagious virus worldwide. Sadly social media trolls will ruin things for everyone, hence why I will never join any of them and players and their spouses should make their accounts private if they want to have them if not well then they take the risk of getting trolled by wannabe tough people behind a screen...

14 players, yikes. That is crazy. I can’t imagine them finishing their season now. I hope their health is fully restored, and that their families are ok too.

• Like 1

Even we wanted to ice a team. Would we have any centres? 

Horvat, Gaudette, Sutter, are on covid protocol. Petey and Beagle are still in IR.

Double shift Lind and Graovac and Miller?

Wouldn't we also only have 4 healthy defencemen? 

I guess if we pulled all our defensemen it would mean OJ, Rafferty, and Sautner and Chatfield. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Horvat, Gaudette, Sutter, are on covid protocol. Petey and Beagle are still in IR.

I mean not having either goalie is the real issue.

Are we gonna throw Dipietro to the wolves or Silovs?

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I guess if we pulled all our defensemen it would mean OJ, Rafferty, and Sautner and Chatfield. 

I played floor hockey in high school 

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We should cancel the season.

I am starting to believe that its best move at this point in time. Regardless healthy and safety first.

Has it ever been done and i wonder what all the ramifications would be? 

Trade deadline?

Cap/contracts?

Draft?

Remaining salaries? 

Wow, just wow

• SNuck changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • SNuck unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic