The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bettman can take a flying &^@# at a rolling donut. Our guys health comes first. I couldn't care less about the playoff bound teams, they don't actually need to play the games. 

• Cheers 3

19 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Yikes, I don't think we've ever seen anything like this before. We won't be playing hockey anytime soon.

canucks2.png.ae85d0524af2621a9d2e152c6842e50a.png

canucks1.thumb.png.3e861e0157746477d2f0520bb7871721.png

We should just shut it down tbh. It's not worth it at this point, it's going through the team like wildfire. I'm hoping it doesn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if our list grows over the next day or two.

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Those assholes at head office can shove it, there's no way we play a full schedule at this point. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Hawrlyuk is dealing with the variant.

You’d think they’re all dealing with the same variant no? Unless there were multiple unrelated infections which I find hard to believe.

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

We should just shut it down tbh. It's not worth it at this point, it's going through the team like wildfire. I'm hoping we don't, but I wouldn't be surprised if our list grows over the next day or two.

Those assholes at head office can shove it, there's no way we play a full schedule at this point. 

We all want them to recover and if they all recover fully within 2 weeks I’m sure they’d all want to play again, if nothing else it would be a heck of a team bonding experience and something to build off next season.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Bettman can take a flying &^@# at a rolling donut. Our guys health comes first. I couldn't care less about the playoff bound teams, they don't actually need to play the games. 

I’m sure they’re getting world class treatment right now. Let’s just hope for the best and see how this plays out.

If the players are all committed to finishing the season when they get their bill of health thats up to them.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is what has to be remembered here.

Not all 14 players necessarily have it. Hopefully it’s much lower.

9 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/7-more-vancouver-canucks-added-to-nhl-s-covid-protocol-list-1.5373577

Some players added to the list may not have tested positive.

According to this report from last night, at least 5 of the names announced today already tested positive.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7736204/canucks-more-covid-cases/

11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We all want them to recover and if they all recover fully within 2 weeks I’m sure they’d all want to play again, if nothing else it would be a heck of a team bonding experience and something to build off next season.

I'm skeptical as to whether they'll be back to full health within two weeks, particularly if the variant is in play as it doesn't seem to care whether someone's already had Covid or not. I'm at the point where I don't really give a damn about the season in comparison to the long-term health of our guys. When their age brackets open up get em vaccinated asap and go from there. But there's no way in hell they should jump the queue over the average person. 

Whether they want to play and whether they should play are two different things. 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Does this mean all the players listed have tested positive or are some close contact. Regardless, safe to assume the entire team is isolating. Was a bone headed decision to keep practicing once Gaud got pulled and even worse to have the game day practice....

Not sure if rapid tests are reliable, but it is crazy to think games or practices can happen before a teams player results come in negative or positive. Hope the boys get healthy and rest up. 

And to anyone who has targeted a Canuck player or spouse online about infecting the team....Get bent, this is a contagious virus worldwide. Sadly social media trolls will ruin things for everyone, hence why I will never join any of them and players and their spouses should make their accounts private if they want to have them if not well then they take the risk of getting trolled by wannabe tough people behind a screen...

the problem is the incubation period, you will still pass a test but also be able to spread the disease.

which is why i have been so upset with how canucks/nhl management dealt with our situation. you have to postpone those practises, covid spread is exponential.

we definitely could have afforded pushing back those pratices

• Haha 1