The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Lucic has one extra year on his contract over Loui. Would you take Lucic for an extra year just so he's an upgrade over Loui today?

Having Lucic's $6m caphit on the books in 2022-2023 is going to be a nasty contract when Petey and Hughes are hitting their prime.

I recall a huge amount of negative posts about such a trade a couple of years ago.  At the time, Loui was at least a viable 3rd liner and doing a good job on the PK.  Lucic was quite awful during that period; sluggish skating, low minutes, low scoring, not as physical as expected.  He really wasn't giving much to his team. The majority of Canuck fans were totally against the trade idea and had a lot of reasons to be.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I recall a huge amount of negative posts about such a trade a couple of years ago.  At the time, Loui was at least a viable 3rd liner and doing a good job on the PK.  Lucic was quite awful during that period; sluggish skating, low minutes, low scoring, not as physical as expected.  He really wasn't giving much to his team. The majority of Canuck fans were totally against the trade idea and had a lot of reasons to be.

That sounds accurate to how I remember it too. Glad it never happened. At this point, they're both marginal at best. The guy with the shorter contract is the one I'd rather have.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

That sounds accurate to how I remember it too. Glad it never happened. At this point, they're both marginal at best. The guy with the shorter contract is the one I'd rather have.

Admittedly I wanted that deal to go down. We did, and still do, need the physical deterrent factor here. But "real deal" Neal taxi squad guy got in the way.

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

Interesting, looking at our stats, I was surprised to see we have only 3 players on the plus side of the +/-  column, and they're not who we think they should be  ......

Benn, at +5

Roussel at +4

MacEwen at +1

For all the flak Roussel takes here, he is not a detriment to the team

I agree, but he does take some boneheaded penalties at times. Benn has been steady

4 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

You mean people like blacks and other minorities, women, and lgbtq? The nerve of them!

No that’s not what I meant at all. Don’t know why you’re  trying to spin it that way. 
 The original post was in reference to a remark that Sutter made about Johnny Hockey’s effort in a hockey game. That is all.

• Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

No that’s not what I meant at all. Don’t know why you’re  trying to spin it that way. 
 The original post was in reference to a remark that Sutter made about Johnny Hockey’s effort in a hockey game. That is all.

Spinning is what the virtue police do.   Nothing wrong or innappropriate with your post at all.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 3

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I saw on Gaudette's instagram he was hanging out with Boeser on a hike oudoors yesterday, doesn't that also make Boeser in close contact as well?

Yeah. It will be interesting to see what happens prior to tomorrow's game. Hopefully, it's a false positive.

• Upvote 1