The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel that your intention is good but, honestly, we all need to be pretty serious about the state of things in our city right now.

They get 10x better care but we don't.  They "may be" back at 100%...we don't know.

It's not really nonsense that's consuming is...it's a variant strain of a potentially serious virus that's been unleashed in the lower mainland.  I feel like the message shouldn't be "Hakuna Matata" but "be very vigilant right now".

Well intended.  The sky is not falling but a sense of concern as the numbers shift is likely better than ignoring them.  Cheers.

As I've said before, I think most of the province has just thrown in the towel at this point and think by doing do we'll just go back to normal.  I've been very very cautious since day one of this, but this p1 has me scared for the first time.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm not sure these updates matter a whole lot at this point...we know some of them are sick and others could potentially become sick.  I'm glad they don't have serious symptoms though....great news!   Thanks for doing a great job, VC....it's exhausting trying to keep up with it all.  Great news in a bad news situation.

But the updates various people in the media are putting out there can become more about them (getting the scoop) than anything and I, too, am done with it.  Sunshine out there...going to give the computer a break today and regroup.  Do some gardening and let go of some of the anxiety.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I would learn more on the local Vancouver media than Toronto Sports Network.

Yeah don’t get me wrong. Not directed at the news you bring. Really grateful there, you do a hell of a job around here so thank you!

Hopefully Kuzma is the most accurate. Just hard when they tell us one thing and completely the opposite this next time. Like if you don’t know what’s going on don’t tweet it?

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah don’t get me wrong. Not directed at the news you bring. Really grateful there, you do a hell of a job around here so thank you!

Hopefully Kuzma is the most accurate. Just hard when they tell us one thing and completely the opposite this next time. Like if you don’t know what’s going on don’t tweet it?

Reporting is big money, truth is just an inconvenience most times.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

I think the point (for me) at this point is:  the details don't matter.  As a matter of fact, they feel a bit intrusive to me.  I don't need to know the severity because that will reveal itself over time.   It becomes a matter of less is more for me.

But it's their job so....

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think the point (for me) at this point is:  the details don't matter.  As a matter of fact, they feel a bit intrusive to me.  I don't need to know the severity because that will reveal itself over time.   It becomes a matter of less is more for me.

But it's their job so....

Thing is, it’s a new strain, we all know it’s way more contagious but if they’re falsely reporting the players are sicker than they really are  then they’re spreading fear because you know the whole country is watching and they’re scared. I so hope the report is true and no one is as sick as we were first led to believe.

I guess the tweeters gotta tweet.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

I expect the media is trying to report correctly, but perhaps the results are confusing. You can be on the COVID list just for being exposed without a positive test. And I don't think a positive is a positive until tested twice? It probably doesn't really matter at this point. Covid got into the dressing room, spread for a few days and here we are. I doubt many names will be sparred by the time this is over so let's just hope they all get through it.

Is there any other staff that could be affected by this? Curious who else might have been in that room in the last week? I guess we won't hear about that part for privacy reasons.