The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think it's two more players. Yesterday, there were 16 players. This morning, the latest number is 18 players.

Yeah, I think you're right. I forgot there was 1 un-named taxi squad player and 1 other un-named player (probably because they were already on the IR). 

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Agree.. which is why the only 2 ppl i care to listen to regarding this team are Hirsch and Rintoul.  

I have a hard time taking a former Kamloops Blazer seriously!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

that last sentence by dregs, pretty much proves he was a "The Office" fan

why say many words when few words do trick

Edited by Petey_BOI
1 hour ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Hey just wanted to offer thoughts, not sure reporting is big money anywhere. Most reporters and journalists never see 100k in their life. 

Also I am confused how Dreger and Cuz are getting people to spill the beans to them. In any organization if there is a squeaky wheel they get quickly identified and fired.

I don't understand how these guys have inside knowledge on a system that is bullet proof sealed organization like a sports team that only has a limited number of "know hows" and these guys don't leak.

Dreger is related to Dave Nonis. That's his source on most things. I think Dreger is married to Nonis' sister?

That's why he hates the Canucks. 

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Dreger is related to Dave Nonis. That's his source on most things. I think Dreger is married to Nonis' sister?

That's why he hates the Canucks. 

Cousins lol Dregs and Nonis are cousins , this is not Alabama 

• Haha 2

Please don't jump down my throat but does it seem like the media is competing against each other to get accurate numbers?

Who cares if the number is 18 or 21? We know it's bad. Just get better everyone!

• Hydration 2
5 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

that last sentence by dregs, pretty much proves he was a "The Office" fan

why say many words when few words do trick

So be fair Dhaliwal, Irf, Kaplan reporting the same thing

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

almost like they produce vaccine and prioritize theor own citizens.  No one ever said Canada was going to be high on the list, in fact they said we'd be waiting quite awhile to get the rollout.......rolling out.  Truly, they've managed toprocure more vaccine earlier than anticipated and will have first shots in arms much earlier than they expected.

I'm honestly not sure what people expected to happen?  That some vaccine fairy was going to propel Canada into the upper echelon of countries?

It's not a coincidence that USA and UK are way ahead of other countries with their vaccine rollout.  Other countries, like Canada, have had delays and shortages in the past couple of months.

I actually am quite happy with how we're doing here in BC.  Our elders and most compromised residents will have received their vaccines by the end of April and everyone else will have had a shot by Canada Day.  By late April, the shipment of Johnson and Johnson vaccine (single dose required) will arrive in Canada, so the timetable may move up.

Of course, we are still not out of the woods with the variants coming along.  Hopefully the vaccines will help prevent people from getting seriously ill from the variant(s).  I see that Phiser is already working on a booster, so I reckon that is a peek at our future.

• Vintage 3
2 hours ago, rekker said:

WTF. How does this happen?

Perhaps one of the Canucks players or spouses took a wrong turn in New west and accidently ended up across the border into Surrey??? (Unfortunately, now the official Covid-Contamination Capital of Canada)

I know, I live here!  It's not safe to go anywhere.  You even have a better chance of catching Covid in Whalley now than being shot!  Everyone here is on pins and needles looking at each other side ways as we pass clear of each other.  

Better Safe Than SurreySurrey Future

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

It's not a coincidence that USA and UK are way ahead of other countries with their vaccine rollout.  Other countries, like Canada, have had delays and shortages in the past couple of months.

I actually am quite happy with how we're doing here in BC.  Our elders and most compromised residents will have received their vaccines by the end of April and everyone else will have had a shot by Canada Day.  By late April, the shipment of Johnson and Johnson vaccine (single dose required) will arrive in Canada, so the timetable may move up.

Of course, we are still not out of the woods with the variants coming along.  Hopefully the vaccines will help prevent people from getting seriously ill from the variant(s).  I see that Phiser is already working on a booster, so I reckon that is a peek at our future.

My hubby and i received our letters for immune compromised and we will be getting our vaccine this week. what i don't like hearing is in Vancouver superstore they are doing vaccines shots and if they have any left over, no matter  the age they can get it. as per the news those extra shots should be given to the hospitals, and they are not doing that!!!

I think it's two more players. Yesterday, there were 16 players. This morning, the latest number is 18 players.

The Covid protocol list of 3 April posted in the around the NHL thread had 14 players yesterday.  They don’t count or disclose taxi squad players on that list.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I think it’s more being first is what matters and credibility is secondary.

You get more followers if you break a story first. More followers equal building up your brand and ultimately more money/opportunities.

No one tends to remember or care when you’re wrong anymore. Accountability is a foreign word in journalism now.

Agree.

First and the most sensational.....imo

• Hydration 1
  • SNuck changed the title to [GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP
  • SNuck unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic