Vesey Lind Virtanen

Baertschi Jasek Eriksson

Gadjovich Graovac Lockwood

Juolevi Schmidt

Benn Rathbone 

Sautner Rafferty 

Dipietro

Kielly

That leaves almost no one for the taxi squad. Beagle and Pearson could be close but even then I don’t see how they ice a roster unless certain players are removed from protocol.

14 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

The variants are spreading faster than the original ever did.  Its going to be a long 3 years before we can even talk about being out of the woods.

It's 2025, and after the greatest depression has utterly destroyed the world's economy, the NHL has announced it's amended salary cap is 2 bitcoins.

Spoiler

I wish this was hyperbole.

Edited by xereau

3 hours ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Hey just wanted to offer thoughts, not sure reporting is big money anywhere. Most reporters and journalists never see 100k in their life. 

Also I am confused how Dreger and Cuz are getting people to spill the beans to them. In any organization if there is a squeaky wheel they get quickly identified and fired.

I don't understand how these guys have inside knowledge on a system that is bullet proof sealed organization like a sports team that only has a limited number of "know hows" and these guys don't leak.

There is no evidence what you are saying is true.  It isn’t some bullet proof tight organization.  Every player, agent, spouse, trainer, etc will know the scoop on something like this.

It always leaks out.

Edited by Provost

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So if that ends up being the final number a roster of 20 would look like:

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Vesey Lind Virtanen

Baertschi Jasek Eriksson

Juolevi Schmidt

Benn Rathbone 

Sautner Rafferty 

Dipietro

Kielly

That leaves almost no one for the taxi squad. Beagle and Pearson could be close but even then I don’t see how they ice a roster unless certain players are removed from protocol.

Problem is, 2 of those taxi guys are also on the list, we just don't know which 2.

Just now, Dirtman said:

Even IF guys recover in two weeks, are they really going to be in any sort of game shape? Being laid up for 2 weeks is going to be brutal for their cardio. Especially considering it's a respiratory disease.

I think if at all possible we need to call the season for the Canucks. This just isn't a good idea. Forget hockey. 

There's a 99.97% chance the season keeps going...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So if that ends up being the final number a roster of 20 would look like:

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Vesey Lind Virtanen

Baertschi Jasek Eriksson

Juolevi Schmidt

Benn Rathbone 

Sautner Rafferty 

Dipietro

Kielly

Baer scores a hat-trick first game and CDC goes bonkers....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Dr Kevin McLeod was my classmate at UBC medical school. He is legit. People need to be aware of what's going on in the hospitals and do their part to stay uninfected or if not, at least prevent it from spreading it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

58 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

My hope is the NHLPLA feels the same way and puts some serious pressure on the league to figure this out.  Twenty  regular season games are not worth jeopardizing the career of a McDavid or Ovechkin.

Why make McDavid and Ovie out as special? No player's career is worth screwing with.

Shut it all down, before players start dying, which is just a matter of time and numbers.

AT least if these guys are not playing and still end up ill, comprimised forever, or dead; the laegue will not be the cause.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

We could have had Perry Kendall still as the Chief Public Health Officer.  

what would that mean?

I've heard the name but do not recall him.

I think Dr Bonnie could use some top level help

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

This statement is not true at all, maybe if your lucky to work in some big city hospitals but as someone who dates a nurse....my GF has been shorted PPE for almost the length of the pandemic, 1 mask all day that is it. Hopsitals allow visitors just not to covid patients obviously, we have been in the hospital when her dad was very ill and we thought he was going to die.

The media masks the PPE issue health care workers have been dealing with, they also lie about being fully staffed where they have been using unqualified staff to work certain departments when there was no one available to pick up other shifts.

Don't have to take my word for it, but seeing the stress my GF and her friends have been under for 12 months and counting now it is sad...that extra little bit of pay they offered was also a joke...just slap that lump sum on a full pay cheque so the outcome is LESS $$$ than when you work your normal hours...instead of just implementing a raise per hour for X period of time or for the duration of this pandemic.

There is no right way to do this but we have failed as a country and now 1 year into it with vaccines being given we are now seeing the worst of it...

I was in the ICU and watched them change their gloves and smocks every time they exited the ICU. I'm only talking about how strict they are entering and leaving the ICU. Yes it was a big city ICU for covid. I wasn't talking about non covid nursing stations.  I was one of the ones given a zoom meeting from the ICU which I don't remember because I was so heavily medicated. I was there for over a month and not allowed a single visitor. No visitors in the ICU nor in the recovery ward.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was in the ICU and watched them change their gloves and smocks every time they exited the ICU. I'm only talking about how strict they are entering and leaving the ICU. I  was one of the ones given a zoom meeting from the ICU which I don't remember because I was so heavily medicated. I  was there for over a month and not allowed a single visitor. 

when was that?

and how are you felling now?