The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

55 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think he is too Jim.

But my point that has a few knickers quickly twisting is that, we still after all this time don't know enough about this virus and even less about these variants. It's not criminal to wonder if he took the pic of his child that he tweeted out. It's not an accusation of his care or love. We all dont. know. enough.

I'm here on the island, not seeing any fam this Easter. As BC ferries adds extra sailings...for all those that now can't go to restaurants to have a vacation and/or visit relatives.

I'm thinking we still have a long way to go before we are out of this. 

my concern is the twitter heads are now going to go after Bo too. I can't wait for all this to pass. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Why make McDavid and Ovie out as special? No player's career is worth screwing with.

Shut it all down, before players start dying, which is just a matter of time and numbers.

AT least if these guys are not playing and still end up ill, comprimised forever, or dead; the laegue will not be the cause.

NHL players have worlds best resources and protocols in place. They are financially comfortable and don't have to come play IF they don't want to. 

What about the people working at gas stations tim hortons driving taxis or at the till at walmart... these people work for minimum wage and come into contact with 100s of people per day.. should we shut down all those places..

I mean hockey players are young healthy and in great physical shape. If we put them in a bubble wrap what about the rest of us and society..

Personally pro athletes are the last people I worry about.  I worry more about the regular folks and think people need to think about them more. 

My brother his wife and teenaged sons got it. They're all healthy and excercise. Had very minor symptoms. My brothers wife works in healthcare and is a front line worker. I worry for her and my brothers family. Hockey players will be fine. If it gets shut down they can still get it from around town going to safeway to get a jug of milk or from their family members. 

Players will be fine.  They aren't the only ones affected. The whole planet is affected.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I do not, nor ever have owned a Twitter account but you have to remember, average IQ is 90, most people I know are well above that so someone has to dumb the average down.

George Carlin fan I see. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Seemed weird, couldn’t see him saying that publicly.

I might be reading that snapshot wrong, but I don't see a blue checkmark beside Demko's name (faux account?)

edit:  Deb beat me to it.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I might be reading that snapshot wrong, but I don't see a blue checkmark beside Demko's name (faux account?)

edit:  Deb beat me to it.

That's what I always look for too.