The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

16 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Have u not been watching the Bonnie show??  She's been extremely reluctant to mandate masks, always downplaying importance of using proper medical masks.... It's like we shouldn't do more to prevent Covid spread.... Whatever!!  I am so done with this gov't... You guys do what's smart to keep you and your family safe! 

Nope, don’t watch her, never seen her show. However I am shocked someone recommending proper masks over dollar store diapers.

10 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's all too overwhelming for me.  

I actually cried yesterday reading all this news about my team.  Worrying about my kids.

I'm out for today folks...my message is love each other, be kind to each other and thanks for listening to me ramble on so much.  You get a break now.  :)

GCG

It’s definitely all too overwhelming, best thing is to really focus on giving yourself mental breaks away from it all if you can,

too many people feeling high levels of anxiety , me included. Hang in there and take time to care for yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

It’s definitely all too overwhelming, best thing is to really focus on giving yourself mental breaks away from it all if you can,

too many people feeling high levels of anxiety , me included. Hang in there and take time to care for yourself. 

Thank you....took one today.  Sunshine, some gardening, went for a drive.

You too...that's so scary that your kids have to go in to work...I'm thankful mine have the option to work from home.  I sure hope it all turns out well...for all of us.   I do a lot of mental health strengthening...breathing, yoga, meditation, reading, mindfulness.  It helps in times of worry...brings everything back down and provides a distraction.  I used to honestly think all that stuff was kind of hokey but it really really helps me.  My daughter got me into it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I wonder what Mark Donnelly's thinking. 

Well he sold his house... possibly due to people harassing him after his participation in anti mask rallies . 
not a popular guy after that and he wasn’t happy about being let go by Aqualini. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

all right folks it's movie time.

feeling something Tarantino, or M.Knight Shamalyan

inglorious basterds, pulp fiction, the hateful eight, Or Glass? 

has anyone seen the irishman? 3.5 hours though :sick:

you watch split and that other one with bruce willis?, i liked glass. also irishman is good imo, long as hell though.

3 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

all right folks it's movie time.

feeling something Tarantino, or M.Knight Shamalyan

inglorious basterds, pulp fiction, the hateful eight, Or Glass? 

has anyone seen the irishman? 3.5 hours though :sick:

Watch anime. 

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thank you....took one today.  Sunshine, some gardening, went for a drive.

You too...that's so scary that your kids have to go in to work...I'm thankful mine have the option to work from home.  I sure hope it all turns out well...for all of us.   I do a lot of mental health strengthening...breathing, yoga, meditation, reading, mindfulness.  It helps in times of worry...brings everything back down and provides a distraction.  I used to honestly think all that stuff was kind of hokey but it really really helps me.  My daughter got me into it.

Oh good !
ya worrying about our kids  is a big stress. The virus has caused people to realize how important it is to  deal with stress/ anxiety 

and make it a priority now.

oh ya breathing meditation reading are key for me as well. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 4/4/2021 at 12:38 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Like the flu, it's a thing where not everyone would do it anyhow.  I'm convinced that number would decrease a lot over time.  

Sigh, what a predicament.  It's awful.

I'm a little over emotional this week....lost a cousin very suddenly/abruptly a few days ago.  In her sleep.  No none illness/conditions.  Worked in care homes....didn't exhibit any symptoms.  Her daughter couldn't reach her on the phone and called her work, who said she didn't show up.  She sent the police over and they found her in her bed.  

They're thinking it was a heart attack but we still don't know.  

I just want every single one of us/you/me/my family/our team to get through this thing.  The news about the team is devastating to me...I'm sure they'll be ok.  No I'm not.

Did she have Covid a few weeks ago?

23 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Well he sold his house... possibly due to people harassing him after his participation in anti mask rallies . 
not a popular guy after that and he wasn’t happy about being let go by Aqualini. 

Yeah - I drive past his house at least twice day. Was sold within a week. Needs a serious renovation! Outside looks like a baby blue 1970's tuxedo my father got married in! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah, I could see how CTV fell for it. Although, Demko hasn’t been active on his actual Twitter account for nearly three years.

Ah, I had seen this guy comment on Twitter telling people  to read his profile , lol guess he’s getting negative comments 

perhaps change your Twitter name then hm.

I thought I saw a Demko ‘verified’ tweet thanking Aquilini  re his new contract , guess it was likely this guy 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I asked my old man if I could go ice-skating on the lake. He told me, “Wait til it gets warmer.”

"at my age I want two girls at once - if I fall asleep they have each other to talk to"...

I have watched so much Rodney on YouTube over the past year (again).... brilliant....

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, the_impersonator13 said:

Yeah - I drive past his house at least twice day. Was sold within a week. Needs a serious renovation! Outside looks like a baby blue 1970's tuxedo my father got married in! 

Lol , yep that’s the one , very blue , I drive by it often too

he used to have a sign out with his picture for singing lessons so wasn’t hard to figure it was his house 

• Cheers 2

Just now, rychicken said:

"at my age I want two girls at once - if I fall asleep they have each other to talk to"...

I have watched so much Rodney on YouTube over the past year (again).... brilliant....

He’d be cancelled nowadays but I’d sure love to hear his take on current affairs.

41 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Did she have Covid a few weeks ago?

Not that I know of.

They say it was a heart attack.  I guess it's a good way to go....during her sleep.  Hope she didn't suffer but I'd imagine it would wake her up?

• Huggy Bear 1