The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Just my opinion but there bodies will not be able to play hockey after this. They are done for the season.

I disagree, for most it’s flu-like, they’ll bounce back quickly and be ready to go, these stories of how bad it is is just to sell their stories. Bad news sells, good news doesn’t. I predict all of them will be fine and play again this season.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I disagree, for most it’s flu-like, they’ll bounce back quickly and be ready to go, these stories of how bad it is is just to sell their stories. Bad news sells, good news doesn’t. I predict all of them will be fine and play again this season.

Don't do that....you/we don't know.

And many do suffer a great deal so please refrain from this kind of downplaying.  This is a very serious strain from all accounts.  I have a cousin who's a nurse and she's terrified of it.

• Huggy Bear 2

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Nope, don’t watch her, never seen her show. However I am shocked someone recommending proper masks over dollar store diapers.

Ahhhh got it!!  So you're one of those going for the less is more!! Covid is a hoax and we should all go for hugs and not masks!!!  Maybe you're right..  Proper masks won't do a thing!!  Cool cool cool.... Ain't gonna judge... Just carry on doing your thing... Life is short, go party hard till you drop dead! 

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Don't do that....you/we don't know.

And many do suffer a great deal so please refrain from this kind of downplaying.  This is a very serious strain from all accounts.  I have a cousin who's a nurse and she's terrified of it.

Four days ago they were all on their death beds and I admit I was concerned about this strain as well but everything since leads me to believe that although more contagious, it’s not any worse, it’s been 4 days and they’re starting to feel better, even stating it’s not as bad as it sounds. I’m sorry but the media are POS fear mongering money grubbers. Odds are they will all be fine.

Dont get me wrong, I’m not downplaying the how bad COVID can be, but I am disgusted at how this situation was reported.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Ahhhh got it!!  So you're one of those going for the less is more!! Covid is a hoax and we should all go for hugs and not masks!!!  Maybe you're right..  Proper masks won't do a thing!!  Cool cool cool.... Ain't gonna judge... Just carry on doing your thing... Life is short, go party hard till you drop dead! 

Huh? You make no sense, you criticized her for recommending proper masks now your implying I said they don’t work.

EDIT: Nevermind, went back and reread your post, I misunderstood what you said. OK, although I really don’t follow her I do agree with what you said.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I agree whole heartedly that the news is terrible nowadays. I was simply responding to the reports that I read here. Seems like we know nothing about what is actually going on. It is what it is.

3 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I agree whole heartedly that the news is terrible nowadays. I was simply responding to the reports that I read here. Seems like we know nothing about what is actually going on. It is what it is.

Seems the initial reports were extremely exaggerated.

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

Just my opinion but there bodies will not be able to play hockey after this. They are done for the season.

I dont think so.. just an opinion knowing no one is in hospital... I have close friends and family members who have had it. Players will be fine and get back to normal soon. 

From my family and friends experience it was 3 or 4 days of bad then got pretty normal pretty quick..

I'd be concerned if they were in hospital hooked up to oxygen machines. But so far seems like just typical symptoms. Nothing too serious..

Only time i was really worried was when my close friends 3 family members spent time in hospital. His mom was in bad shape but she's home and back to normal.  She is 65 +  yrs old. His cousin is fat .. quite fat.. he had to spend few days in hospital and sister same thing.. everyone good again.. 

My brother had it along with his sons and wife.. Minor symptoms. Lethargy, can't get out of bed for cpl days, body aches, cold sweats etc. They were back to normal way before their 2 week quarantine. By the time quarantine ended they were completely fine.. 

However there is the case of Khamzat Chimaev. World class athlete. He had a rough go and had to go hospital and thought he was going to die.. he openly contemplated retirement.. 

But so far there are NO reports of any Canucks players having to go to hospital and being hooked up to oxygen machines.. which is great news..

So far so good. By Friday hopefully everyone will be feeling pretty normal again.. 

Just like after a very bad bout of the flu it will take a few days to get into game shape. But i think they'll be fine.. 

Just my personal opinion taking into account the limited info we have. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Irishman = boring!

Star Wars marathon on now....

5 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

thanks, i dont want to start a movie that will take me 2-3 days to finish

Tip for the irishman, watch it like a tv series in hour intervals. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I did it in 2 shots.  Main problem with the movie for me was although Pacino and De Niro do look younger through CGI, it's not possible to make them move the same way they did when they were actually that age.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I have to watch every movie like a tv series. I lose interest after 15 mins then watch a bit cpl days later .. most of the time I never get past the half way point.. 

• Cheers 2