The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That's scary to see, but why make up $&!# about our players if it isn't true? 

that I agree with.  However, doesn't mean it's not true, but it shouldn't be reported unless confirmed.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I absolutely don’t want to make light of this but I am reminded of the early days of restrictions when some argued that we should only quarantine those at risk (seniors). I wonder if these same people think that it’s new at-risk age group should be “locked up.” 
Hmmmm.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I absolutely don’t want to make light of this but I am reminded of the early days of restrictions when some argued that we should only quarantine those at risk (seniors). I wonder if these same people think that it’s new at-risk age group should be “locked up.” 
Hmmmm.

Great point.  Let the vaccinated roam free!

7 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Hmmmm.

As a member of the new at risk age group I have to say yes. But I've been "locked up" from the start so I'm probably not the one to ask :lol:

34 minutes ago, bree2 said:

nothing like Covid!!!!!

Different for sure, but let’s not pretend that flu doesn’t have potential long term health effects either. 

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Different for sure, but let’s not pretend that flu doesn’t have potential long term health effects either. 

To be honest, I don't see how it's helpful to know whether or not flu has long term health effects in the first place. The problem here is covid, not the flu. All this is is a "what about this?" rather than actually addressing the situation at hand in my opinion.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

To be honest, I don't see how it's helpful to know whether or not flu has long term health effects in the first place. The problem here is covid, not the flu. All this is is a "what about this?" rather than actually addressing the situation at hand in my opinion.

Right, but when all you ever hear about is the bad things it can get quite a lot scarier than it needs to be and that’s all they ever report, the negative, people are so scared of dying they stopped living.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Right, but when all you ever hear about is the bad things it can get quite a lot scarier than it needs to be and that’s all they ever report, the negative, people are so scared of dying they stopped living.

What does this have to do with what I said? Also, what's the point in downplaying it when PEOPLE ARE DYING FROM IT. Just saying....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, The Lock said:

Wow. That's a "fantastic point". Glad we have such a low bar that we care more about people "not living life" than we do people dying.

Irregardless of my opinion or yours COVID is what it is, the media however can and do twist it to create a lot more fear than there needs to be.

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It’s helpful to put things into perspective.  The original post that I had replied to had mentioned long term effects and how it compares to flu. 

We will all eventually get Covid, it’s just a matter of time. We’re trying to keep everyone from getting it at the same time.  

When it’s your turn don’t panic, that’s all I think people need to keep in mind.  Healthy mind is just as important when fighting illnesses IMO.