The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this should be required reading for people here that don't think this is a big deal. 

Hasn’t anyone been this sick before. Like not covid but a couple times I’ve been sick like that. Spent the night in hospital one time with IV. One time in Peru where I actually thought I might die. Both times in my early 20’s 

Not trying to minimize it and covid is scary cause it’s affected so many people. But when I read that, I mean it’s not like people only started getting sick since covid 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this should be required reading for people here that don't think this is a big deal. 

I don’t think anyone here said it was not a big deal, remember in school when they showed you people all mangled from drunk driving or the commercials showing people smoking through holes in their necks, that’s creating fear and what the media is doing with COVID is the same thing, theyre making it sound a heck of a lot worse than it is and that’s just as dangerous as underestimating it. How many people have died as a result of depression because they believe the future looks bleak, or turned to alcohol or drugs. When you keep getting bombarded with death it’s hard to see anything else and the media just try to outdo each other for ratings. If you believe the media has your best interest at heart then I have a bridge to sell.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

They’ll all be fine and playing soon enough.

You keep saying this. Do you have some sort of detailed reports that the rest of us don't have access to or is this just your opinion that you are stating as fact?

Even a bad flu will take you weeks to recover from. And this is not a flu.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, kloubek said:

You keep saying this. Do you have some sort of detailed reports that the rest of us don't have access to or is this just your opinion that you are stating as fact?

Stats, and I didn’t say they’ll be playing tomorrow, at least 2 weeks, looking at the schedule we have 4 games against Ottawa which all could be scrapped anyways, next game after it the 30th against the Leafs, I’d set that as the target to return, as a bonus it’ll piss off Damien Cox if we beat them.

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Stats, and I didn’t say they’ll be playing tomorrow, at least 2 weeks, looking at the schedule we have 4 games against Ottawa which all could be scrapped anyways, next game after it the 30th against the Leafs, I’d set that as the target to return, as a bonus it’ll piss off Damien Cox if we beat them.

Took me two seconds to find articles about professional baseball players, basketball players, football players, UFC fighters, and triathletes with long haul symptoms who have never returning to prior form due to COVID. Some of these players may never be the same again. 

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I don’t think anyone here said it was not a big deal, remember in school when they showed you people all mangled from drunk driving or the commercials showing people smoking through holes in their necks, that’s creating fear and what the media is doing with COVID is the same thing, theyre making it sound a heck of a lot worse than it is and that’s just as dangerous as underestimating it. How many people have died as a result of depression because they believe the future looks bleak, or turned to alcohol or drugs. When you keep getting bombarded with death it’s hard to see anything else and the media just try to outdo each other for ratings. If you believe the media has your best interest at heart then I have a bridge to sell.

getting covid and suffering in hospital then being put on the ventilator is not something to be taken lightly, how do we know the team  is going to be fine . it seems some on here only care about the guys playing hockey and not taking the time to heal and get better. i almost lost my sister where the doctors said to gather the family members because she would not make it thru the night, thank god by a miracle she did. she is still in hospital and will be for a while. Covid is not  to be taken lightly.  rather take it seriously and be happy the team all come thru  without lasting lung or heart problems.

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, GSP* said:

Took me two seconds to find articles about professional baseball players, basketball players, football players, UFC fighters, and triathletes with long haul symptoms who have never returning to prior form due to COVID. Some of these players may never be the same again. 

Over 130 million have caught COVID, not hard to find anything if you look for it, stats still show they all should be fine. Your bedside manner must be something else though.

25 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

some media is doing that, most of it is just trying to get people to follow some basic precautions. 

28 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Hasn’t anyone been this sick before. Like not covid but a couple times I’ve been sick like that. Spent the night in hospital one time with IV. One time in Peru where I actually thought I might die. Both times in my early 20’s 

Not trying to minimize it and covid is scary cause it’s affected so many people. But when I read that, I mean it’s not like people only started getting sick since covid 

who said that? the Sutter story is a good one and should help people relate to what families are going through. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LionofJudah said:

As a member of the new at risk age group I have to say yes. But I've been "locked up" from the start so I'm probably not the one to ask :lol:

Dude, if your in the “Big House” it might be the safest place to be ;) 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

who said that? the Sutter story is a good one and should help people relate to what families are going through. 

I read it but even if I didn’t I, as well as anyone with kids could easily relate. I’m perpetually concerned about my kids, not just because of COVID but because life is dangerous. When each of our kids were born healthy we thanked god and since then have been donating to Canucks Place and Children’s Hospital because I feel for any families that need those resources.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I do in fact wear a mask in public.  

Why are you so defensive about this subject?  

Why do you feel I'm being defensive?

I merely said, feel free to think as you wish, but wear a mask around me.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Flu's have gone thru entire teams before, this is being massively blown out of proportion.

• RoughGame 2