The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Author of Captain Underpants Pulls (Racist) Book

-DLC-

26 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

They mostly don't based on the commentary I've seen. This is typically true in most cancel culture scenarios. It's whitey trying to write an imaginary wrong and we've already seen it here in this thread with people defending the action the author took. 

you might be right about whitey trying to invoke change, they probably have read "facts" about how Racism affects people mentally, physically and financially. I bet you in your life you have had something not true about you turned into a joke against you. the difference between them and you is not only do they have to hear the same jokes as you, they also have to hear racist jokes, stereotypes,discrimination,racism and violence. these things are not imaginary, just because you deem them so.

pyschiastrists have done countless studies in the past 50 years, why would they be wrong about the study affected by racism? I mean do you believe a pyschiatrist who diagnoses your mother if they had dementia? do you believe a doctor who says that exercise and proper diet will lower your chance for stroke,heart disease, and diabetes?

all these things are not fake, just like racism. so go ahead, keep your head in the sand.

• Native Americans: 75.06 years
  • African Americans: 75.54 years
  • White Americans: 79.12 years
  • Hispanic Americans: 82.89 years
  • Asian Americans: 86.67 years
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Racism has lead to many genocides and slavery in north american history. It would be a mistake to de-value it's importance in today's society.

I live in the most ethnic diverse community in edmonton, and I have had some meaningful  conversations with people who were affected by racism. Thier stories affect me, and i cannot ignore that. historically, protests and demonstrations bring change, and if I can help make someone feel less undeserved hatred towards them, I will. joining in others people causes brings purpose to my life, and to me bettering someone else's life is a noble cause and should not be shunned.

if you believe ignorace is the cure to racism by the effected parties, maybe your right, but thier is no proof of that.

as for this "total warfare where cities are completely annihilated, starvation/famine to a point where you see people dropping dead or forced to eat rodents for survival, warfare in hellish conditions, subjected to state policing or other paramilitary organizations or mass surveillance" I have little chance to make a significant change in these people's lives. and from what I understand living conditions and famine is improving across the world. Canada govt is doing it's part to help, but i see the only way i  can make any change is by donations. 

I agree with what you said. Things that contribute to racism should be removed, whether that be about ethnic jokes or what not. Education is important.

THAT BEING SAID... cancelling this is also not a guarantee that asian racism will go away. People hate them not because of what they saw in a book. They have longstanding grievances (misplaced as they might be) over a number of reasons - whether it be their presence, their alleged 'role' in the coronavirus, or them taking jobs. The reason doesn't actually matter. The hate will always be there.

It's been well over 100 years since outward anti-Asian sentiment was expressed in North America in 1908, and the TikTok video I saw recently that showed a black man punching out an Asian guy over and over and over tells me that racism is here to stay for a while.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I agree with what you said. Things that contribute to racism should be removed, whether that be about ethnic jokes or what not. Education is important.

THAT BEING SAID... cancelling this is also not a guarantee that asian racism will go away. People hate them not because of what they saw in a book. They have longstanding grievances (misplaced as they might be) over a number of reasons - whether it be their presence, their alleged 'role' in the coronavirus, or them taking jobs. The reason doesn't actually matter. The hate will always be there.

It's been well over 100 years since outward anti-Asian sentiment was expressed in North America in 1908, and the TikTok video I saw recently that showed a black man punching out an Asian guy over and over and over tells me that racism is here to stay for a while.

the solution isn't to give up though. since 1990, the life expectancy has increased 4 years for african americans, in the same time white americans has dropped. studies show they are eating the same foods, so must be something else.

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Sounds like you're in the process of becoming woke, which is good, but the next step - hopefully - is that you then become awake, which is the stage after where you're able to parse through all the woke bs and be able to see and express criticism where it's warranted on both the left and the right. 

oh i know, there is so much wrong on both sides, but I won't argue for the other side just yet. I actually believe as a whole it's important to make amends with people we have wronged and continue to do so until the wronged start making unrealistic demands that don't involve equality anymore.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Lancaster said:

As an ethnic Asian.... I really don't give a damn.  

Yep, my wife is Japanese and she couldn't be less offended by Dr. Suess and all this "Asian stereotype" crap. Seems the only people getting upset are woke white people.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

you might be right about whitey trying to invoke change, they probably have read "facts" about how Racism affects people mentally, physically and financially. I bet you in your life you have had something not true about you turned into a joke against you. the difference between them and you is not only do they have to hear the same jokes as you, they also have to hear racist jokes, stereotypes,discrimination,racism and violence. these things are not imaginary, just because you deem them so.

pyschiastrists have done countless studies in the past 50 years, why would they be wrong about the study affected by racism? I mean do you believe a pyschiatrist who diagnoses your mother if they had dementia? do you believe a doctor who says that exercise and proper diet will lower your chance for stroke,heart disease, and diabetes?

all these things are not fake, just like racism. so go ahead, keep your head in the sand.

• Native Americans: 75.06 years
  • African Americans: 75.54 years
  • White Americans: 79.12 years
  • Hispanic Americans: 82.89 years
  • Asian Americans: 86.67 years

I am assuming this numbers would be life expectancy?  

Not really a racism thing... just different genetic history, diet, socio-economic reasons, etc.  

If racism is really playing a huge role, then there must be some pro-Asian conspiracy as expected life expectancy is way above even Whites.  

16 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

oh i know, there is so much wrong on both sides, but I won't argue for the other side just yet. I actually believe as a whole it's important to make amends with people we have wronged and continue to do so until the wronged start making unrealistic demands that don't involve equality anymore.

Is there a statute of limitations for "making amends"?  

I mean should we go back year by and year have the modern day Italians apologize to the country of Tunisia for sacking Carthage?  

History is just successive events occurring after other events.... 

• Vintage 2

There's this YouTuber who used to be called Roaming Millenial. Now I think she just goes by her name - Lauren Chen. I know she's Canadian. I think she might have Vancouver roots. She finds this latest fad of the brain-trained woke to imagine a current wave of Asian-hate for virtue-signaling purposes and excuse their attacks on imagined enemies for crybullying cancel culture purposes to be what she calls "mental gymnastics."

Come to think of it, speaking of local Asians and where they stand on the subject. There's this hilarious Japanese girl who does stand-up in the local clubs. She's all the time joking about whites and Japanese. I don't find her racist. She might rank up points far above the 'Captain Underpants' guy on a wokester's "offensive chart' if he, she, Zim or Zer was ever capable of being objective about it. i don't find her offensive at all though and think it would be silly to try to cancel her. I'm a fan.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

There's this YouTuber who used to be called Roaming Millenial. Now I think she just goes by her name - Lauren Chen. I know she's Canadian. I think she might have Vancouver roots. She finds this latest fad of the brain-trained woke to imagine a current wave of Asian-hate for virtue-signaling purposes and excuse their attacks on imagined enemies for crybullying cancel culture purposes to be what she calls "mental gymnastics."

Come to think of it, speaking of local Asians and where they stand on the subject. There's this hilarious Japanese girl who does stand-up in the local clubs. She's all the time joking about whites and Japanese. I don't find her racist. She might rank up points far above the 'Captain Underpants' guy on a wokester's "offensive chart' if he, she, Zim or Zer was ever capable of being objective about it. i don't find her offensive at all though and think it would be silly to try to cancel her. I'm a fan.

any time i hear someone use the word woke in an attempt to slander another group I just know who i'm dealing with and walk away.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

So the author, a guy with severe ADHD decided to pull his books on his own.

Yet still we hear

"what has this world come to" or "the left" or my personal favourite "woke cancel culture strikes again"

Imagine staining your fence or deck, only to have a group of people claim you are being woke, that you are cancelling untreated wood; or crying about the state of the world now that you are doing whatever you want to your fence or deck.

This is no different.  One person who created something is making an attempt to change it based on THEIR decisions alone.  And a bunch of grown arsed individuals are sitting and crying about it...The "it" in this instance again is a children's book most don't have the intelligence to get through anyways

So lemme sum it up in the simplest possible manner

Who cares...this doesn't affect you any more than the person ahead of you putting lettuce on their sub in a Sub shop.  Chill out, whine about less things and maybe you'll enjoy life, because honestly; y'all "they're woke" types are no different than the "i'm just woke" types

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I am assuming this numbers would be life expectancy?  

Not really a racism thing... just different genetic history, diet, socio-economic reasons, etc.  

If racism is really playing a huge role, then there must be some pro-Asian conspiracy as expected life expectancy is way above even Whites.  

Is there a statute of limitations for "making amends"?  

I mean should we go back year by and year have the modern day Italians apologize to the country of Tunisia for sacking Carthage?  

History is just successive events occurring after other events.... 

ok, there is many reason's why people live longer than each other, including genetic (but studies show that genetics factor's so little that it shouldn't be argued) The main ponts are 

Economic Circumstances,Medical and Behavioral Issues and Geographic and Environmental Conditions.

Racism effects all three.

oh and by the way idigenous, and asian americans are not too far off genetically. It was only maybe 60 years ago indigenous children were still being stolen from thier families, and forced to live in government controlled group housing with lots of reported abuse. saying "sorry" doesn't fix the generations of damage that will surely suffer because of this abuse. as for the african american community, they too are recovering from serious abuse and rampant racism that still lingers, in canada the indigenous suffer from racism the highest. you can watch a report from cbc about the cultural racism that they still suffer from. It's no coincedence that these 2 ethnic races have almost the exact same life expectancy. 

35 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

no thanks, i'm not too interested in listening to a right wing conservatist born into wealth talking about racism.

but thanks for the comedian clip, pretty funny and intelligent way to turn asian stereotypes and twist them back around. she be all like: you think your special, b***h?

37 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

no thanks, i'm not too interested in listening to a right wing conservatist born into wealth talking about racism.

Kind of a bigoted thing to say, but it's OK, I get it.

I'm not crazy about the way crybully cancel culture defenders invent an Asian racism bogeyman to self-righteously harass people they know nothing about with false accusations.

Glad you you can at least appreciate Yumi though. Some day if your mind really opens up you'll be able to appreciate the humour regardless of who's speaking it.

1 hour ago, John_Guest said:

If I was wokester I might feel the same way...but that's never going to happen.

Ya...like I said, not worth responding to anymore.  Your type have had their time.  Like dealing with an obnoxious toddler, if you ignore it, eventually it will lose energy and have a nap

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, John_Guest said:

Kind of a bigoted thing to say, but it's OK, I get it.

I'm not crazy about the way crybully cancel culture defenders invent an Asian racism bogeyman to self-righteously harass people they know nothing about with false accusations.

I mean, reading would help...but that's some of that woke nonsense I am sure

https://time.com/5947862/anti-asian-attacks-rising-worldwide/

Stick to worrying about cancelled childrens books by the people who created them.  

3 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

My type?

Bigot.

Yup.  This makes me a bigot. Fully admit I have no desire or time to associate with or be seen with ignorant, selfish, self centered individuals who refuse to accept that there is an issue with systemic racism, sexism or classism in canada or the US.  people who grew up never knowing the issue's of being poor, a minority yet still seem to think they know better than those who suffer from it on a daily basis.

I am a terrible person because I refuse to allow myself to be seen with or seated with "those types"

You can now cry the victim and spin this as a poor you thing because your mindset and attitude mean you are precisely the type of person i am speaking of.  

Maybe there is a group you can contact about your embattled life and talk about your feelings or how hurt you are about it?

Edited by Warhippy

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Finally an actual issue. What's a matter? Run out of slurs?

So this is what your using for evidence of this proposed new wave of Anti-Asian hate, is it?

You're slow catching up. The perp has admitted to his motivation. It wasn't the Asian thing that motivated him to walk into massage parlors where prostitution was known to happen and he was known to frequent. It was sex addiction instigating a feeling of lack of self-worth. That's why he shot the two white women, one Latino and six Asians. Even your guys are red faced after trying to turn it into an anti-Asian hate crime. 

Try again.