The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Author of Captain Underpants Pulls (Racist) Book

-DLC-

10 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

Finally an actual issue. What's a matter? Run out of slurs?

So this is what your using for evidence of this proposed new wave of Anti-Asian hate, is it?

You're slow catching up. The perp has admitted to his motivation. It wasn't the Asian thing that motivated him to walk into massage parlors where prostitution was known to happen and he was known to frequent. It was sex addiction instigating a feeling of lack of self-worth. That's why he shot the two white women, one Latino and six Asians. Even your guys are red faced after trying to turn it into an anti-Asian hate crime. 

Try again.

Refute the evidence in the story.  All one has to do is google increase on asian violence and you'll get 500 stories with stats on it.  But then you'd have to actually understand that there is an issue and you can't.  Can you?

Slurs?  Sorry cap'n where did I slur you again?  A slur is denoted as "an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation."

Can't see where that occurred. 

One story full of data and you only, ONLY key in to one act of racially based violence.  I understand you're never going to accept or admit it which is fine.  But that's on you not me and judging by the familiar nature of your pedantic statements and attempts at playing the victim I'd almost think the green parrot is due here in short order

Edited by Warhippy

26 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

ok, there is many reason's why people live longer than each other, including genetic (but studies show that genetics factor's so little that it shouldn't be argued) The main ponts are 

Economic Circumstances,Medical and Behavioral Issues and Geographic and Environmental Conditions.

Racism effects all three.

oh and by the way idigenous, and asian americans are not too far off genetically. It was only maybe 60 years ago indigenous children were still being stolen from thier families, and forced to live in government controlled group housing with lots of reported abuse. saying "sorry" doesn't fix the generations of damage that will surely suffer because of this abuse. as for the african american community, they too are recovering from serious abuse and rampant racism that still lingers, in canada the indigenous suffer from racism the highest. you can watch a report from cbc about the cultural racism that they still suffer from. It's no coincedence that these 2 ethnic races have almost the exact same life expectancy. 

A healthy lifestyle and diet plays way bigger role than anything.  Obvious if you're wealthier you can afford healthier food and have more free time to exercise, etc.... but where is the racism?  Is it anti-racism that is allowing Latinos and Asians to outlive their white/black/indigenous counterparts?  Or maybe different cultural cuisine that is playing a bigger role here?

The Latino ethnic group tends to be economically disadvantaged compared to Whites.... but their life expectancy is higher.  In Japan, their poor still have higher life expectancy than those in North America.  Is that because of the lack of racism in one location?  Or maybe the average Japanese diet is by far way healthier than in Canada or US?  When you think of the average "Canadian" meal, what do you think of?  Steak and potatoes?  Burgers?  Pasta?  Those are hardly fitness gurus will recommend when dieting.  Now what is the average meal for those who are Latino?  The Chinese, Japanese, Koreans.... etc.  

It makes good headline to say racism is a major cause, but it goes back to cultural values.  Why is that Asian consistently do better in every single metric than every other ethnic group (save for Jews and certain immigrants from Africa)?  What makes Asians the "exception"?  I would say the majority of Asians living here (exception of more recent immigrants) fled their traditional home country in one form or another.  How many were those who fled Vietnam during the war?  How many fled China during many conflicts and upheavals the past centuries?  Immigrants from other equally impoverished East and SE Asian countries with civil conflicts, poverty, dictatorships, etc?  And now those same people and their descendants (who also faced the bigotries of history) are more prosperous than the "standard" Whites.  If there is some racism in play, they're definitely doing it wrong.

The biggest oppressor for each ethnic groups aren't the "ruling class" or "white" or whatever.... it's their own ethnic groups.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

The biggest oppressor for each ethnic groups aren't the "ruling class" or "white" or whatever.... it's their own ethnic groups.  

Mainland China-Hong Kong Enclave

Some of the worst racism I have ever seen came between those two groups.  Have many friends of tamil heritage who echo exactly what you say.  Within south east asian cultures racism is literally between regions and far worse than what we see here in terms of violence and outright hatred or belief in racial superiority because they were born in province or region A over province or region B.

I'll never understand it myself

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Refute the evidence in the story. 

Just did. The title centered on the Atlanta shootings of 6 Asians but forgot to tell you 2 white woman and a Latino were also shot, the massage parlors they worked in were known bordellos frequented by the perp who claims his problem is sex addiction.

I tell you what though if you really want to impress us with your superior virtue in discovering this new found issue of anti-Asian racism I have a couple examples of for-real, Anti-Asian racism for you to self-righteously beat your breast over.

Another vicious crime against an Asian caught on video in NYC subway and still no white supremacy in sight

You won't like the source on that one though. That's a problem, I find there's this thing with some where they're trained to believe that facts stop being facts if the wrong person is telling them about them.

Oh well...here's another one from somebody you won't like. Republican Senator John Kennedy.

Challenging Biden’s so-called commitment to fighting racial discrimination, Kennedy pointed to the fact that similar instances of bias have been allowed to continue under the Biden administration. Just last year, the Justice Department found evidence that Yale University denied admission to Asian-American students based on race, and Kennedy pointed out that “only a few weeks after President Biden set up shop in the Oval Office, the Department of Justice withdrew its own lawsuit based on racial discrimination against Yale University”.

https://100percentfedup.com/senator-john-kennedy-challenges-biden-administration-to-support-racial-discrimination-suit-against-harvard-university/

So even if this sudden interest the left has in a proposed increase in Anti-Asian racism comes with some new stats they like it may be a case of 'Physician heal thyself.'

Edited by John_Guest

Just now, Warhippy said:

Mainland China-Hong Kong Enclave

Some of the worst racism I have ever seen came between those two groups.  Have many friends of tamil heritage who echo exactly what you say.  Within south east asian cultures racism is literally between regions and far worse than what we see here in terms of violence and outright hatred or belief in racial superiority because they were born in province or region A over province or region B.

I'll never understand it myself

My family originated from the Cantonese speaking area.... I can't stand Mainlanders.  My circle are also mostly Cantonese-Canadian.... also can't stand those recently from China.  Heck, my own dad can't stand Mainlanders... and he's from China, lol.  He always saying whenever there's pro-CCP/China on the radio, TV, news or whatever.... "If you love China so much, get out of Canada"

There is a huge divide in terms of mannerism, cultural norms, etc.  Many 2nd/3rd/4th+ generation CBC have different manners and cultural values because they fled/left China with them.  Mainlanders are from a China that did away with all traditional manners and values during Mao's time, thus they exercise some weird bastardized version of it.  

Plus CBC (and parents) identifies as Canadian.  Lots of Mainlanders just simply view themselves as Chinese citizens who just happens to live here... usually refusing to assimilate.  There's a reason I personally barely have any friends from the Mainland... and I used to hang out and party a lot in the international student scenes too.  Lots of Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, etc, friends.... but Mainlanders tends to keep to themselves.  

As a CBC and as someone who can still vaguely remember Expo86.... the most racism I've ever encountered were from Chinese Mainlanders.  The most I ever get from non-Asians would be, "Oh hey, do you speak Chinese?" or that one random guy yelling at an Asian driver, "You ****ing Oriental!" and then he immediately said to me, "Sorry dude, I don't mean you", just because I was within the vicinity.  

• Cheers 4

23 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

Just did. The title centered on the Atlanta shootings of 6 Asians but forgot to tell you 2 white woman and a Latino were also shot, the massage parlors they worked in were known bordellos frequented by the perp who claims his problem is sex addiction.

I tell you what though if you really want to impress us with your superior virtue in discovering this new found issue of anti-Asian racism I have a couple examples of for-real, Anti-Asian racism for you to self-righteously beat your breast over.

Another vicious crime against an Asian caught on video in NYC subway and still no white supremacy in sight

You won't like the source on that one though. That's a problem, I find there's this thing with some where they're trained to believe that facts stop being facts if the wrong person is telling them about them.

Oh well...here's another one from somebody you won't like. Republican Senator John Kennedy.

https://100percentfedup.com/senator-john-kennedy-challenges-biden-administration-to-support-racial-discrimination-suit-against-harvard-university/

So even if this sudden interest the left has in a proposed increase in Anti-Asian racism comes with some new stats they like it may be a case of 'Physician heal thyself.'

i really hope you didnt hurt yourself reaching such a ridiculous conclusion.  Let alone turned an ankle jumping to one.

Try having a nap maybe?  Then when you wake up, do that little google search I suggested?

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ya...like I said, not worth responding to anymore.  Your type have had their time.  Like dealing with an obnoxious toddler, if you ignore it, eventually it will lose energy and have a nap

41 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

Kind of a bigoted thing to say, but it's OK, I get it.

I'm not crazy about the way crybully cancel culture defenders invent an Asian racism bogeyman to self-righteously harass people they know nothing about with false accusations.

Glad you you can at least appreciate Yumi though. Some day if your mind really opens up you'll be able to appreciate the humour regardless of who's speaking it.

so i started watching laure chen's video, after i skipped her 1 minute long commercial advertising collagen (rich person product) she started complaing about how Asian communities were being discrimanted against because there was getting too much Asian representation in TOP tier schools. african americans with similar grades where getting selected over Asian's with the same grades's. This is not discrimination, this is what equal oppurtunity looks like. it's no secret that wealth can buy better grades, A student that has lower wealth with the same grades as someone much more wealthy is most likely more intelligent and/or worked harder to get those grades. then she started talking about her priviliged upbringing and how asians have better family values than other families (which is tier two level of racism) and her family expected her to go to college (more privlige) and how her parents were influential in her success as a student (how wonderful to be so privliged) I stopped watching after that, it made me sick how she can only think of herself and her community.

13 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

My family originated from the Cantonese speaking area.... I can't stand Mainlanders.  My circle are also mostly Cantonese-Canadian.... also can't stand those recently from China.  Heck, my own dad can't stand Mainlanders... and he's from China, lol.  He always saying whenever there's pro-CCP/China on the radio, TV, news or whatever.... "If you love China so much, get out of Canada"

There is a huge divide in terms of mannerism, cultural norms, etc.  Many 2nd/3rd/4th+ generation CBC have different manners and cultural values because they fled/left China with them.  Mainlanders are from a China that did away with all traditional manners and values during Mao's time, thus they exercise some weird bastardized version of it.  

Plus CBC (and parents) identifies as Canadian.  Lots of Mainlanders just simply view themselves as Chinese citizens who just happens to live here... usually refusing to assimilate.  There's a reason I personally barely have any friends from the Mainland... and I used to hang out and party a lot in the international student scenes too.  Lots of Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, etc, friends.... but Mainlanders tends to keep to themselves.  

As a CBC and as someone who can still vaguely remember Expo86.... the most racism I've ever encountered were from Chinese Mainlanders.  The most I ever get from non-Asians would be, "Oh hey, do you speak Chinese?" or that one random guy yelling at an Asian driver, "You ****ing Oriental!" and then he immediately said to me, "Sorry dude, I don't mean you", just because I was within the vicinity.  

I worked for about 5 weeks on the Gobi Plateau doing exploratory drilling.  For what it's worth, when people whine about oilsands extractions they've never seen true devastation like what i saw on the plateau.  A mobile city of about 50,000 moving a half k a day or so stripping everything.

That's about the only time I've seen or been around that level of overt racism.  We had south east asians working with us and they were treated horribly.  But rural people from china, simple labourers were treated the absolute worst.  Whether it was due to a specific region, an income inequality issue I don't know but my gods it was honestly awful.

Our handlers were very specific (australian company) shut up, do nothing but your job you'll get paid and paid well but do not get in the way of anything if you can avoid it and if anyone from company x branch y demands your attention get Roy period.  Kinda glad it was so seamless but still, i get what you're saying

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

i really hope you didnt hurt yourself reaching such a ridiculous conclusion.  Let alone turned an ankle jumping to one.

Try having a nap maybe?  Then when you wake up, do that little google search I suggested?

Thanks, but not necessary. Did your Time article tell you about this study?

Comparing with Black and Hispanic victims, Asian Americans also have relatively higher chance to be victimized by non-White offenders (25.5% vs. 1.0% for African Americans and 18.9% for Hispanics

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7790522/

I imagine you'd have to compute the difference in White, Hispanic, African and Asian American demographics to get the whole picture on how much that matters though.

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

so i started watching laure chen's video, after i skipped her 1 minute long commercial advertising collagen (rich person product) she started complaing about how Asian communities were being discrimanted against because there was getting too much Asian representation in TOP tier schools. african americans with similar grades where getting selected over Asian's with the same grades's. This is not discrimination, this is what equal oppurtunity looks like. 

No. That's what equal  "Outcome" looks like. Are you familiar with the equality of opportunity versus equality of outcome issue? Basically equal opportunity is equality of rights to pursue happiness. Equality of outcome is about statist control of the outcome the Powers that Be would perceive as equal. For example when "Yale University denied admission to Asian-American students based on race," that was equality of outcome. They wanted to favor one race while denying another to enforce a perceived equality. Or why Elizabeth Warren would apply to Harvard by lying she was native American." She was hoping for an unearned equity. Equality of outcome.

The statistical increase in anti-Asian attacks doesn't address the elephant in the room.

Those strutting about so proud of them also want to blame a specific demographic for the increase. Their stats show nothing like that. In fact they might show the opposite.

Hate is bad no matter who’s doing it. 

I have personally have had experiences of witnessing multiple races saying crap about asians. A lot of the hate I’ve seen came from Asian races toward each other(Chinese to Japanese and what not). 

An example being that I worked in a Pub that’s kitchen was run by Mostly Chinese people. Nice people for the most part but they’d make fun of Japanese people quite a bit while working. A phrase they’d like to say was “Easy Peasy Japaneasy”. 

Both my mom(white) and father(Mostly Black then Hispanic/Asian) have had to deal with racism towards them. 

I can pass for multiple races and have been incorrectly discriminated against before. 

Don’t matter to me who does it. You’re a POS either way if you make hateful remarks. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Don’t matter to me who does it. You’re a POS either way if you make hateful remarks. 

MY only take on racism is that

For all the valid and there are soooo many valid reason to hate people, a person or groups, choosing skin colour or country of origin is about the laziest and most pathetic.

Like, there are LITERALLY Leafs fans out there....

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2021 at 7:27 PM, Coconuts said:

In that quagmire that is the US? I doubt it. I mean, we've already seen this exact thing happen in the wake of Dr. Seuss. 

Intolerance and bigotry transcends all national boundaries. We need to clean up our own back yard first before worrying about our neighbors

7 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Intolerance and bigotry transcends all national boundaries. We need to clean up our own back yard first before worrying about our neighbors

First point I def agree with, those are human issues not national ones. 

As for cleaning up our own mess before worrying about those of others, that's less realistic. In fact they're likely to happen simultaneously. Canada has a rather racist history, moreso than most people are aware of, and very real modern day issues. But while Canada has $&!# to work on, it's historically intertwined with the US in many ways as a western colonial nation. Parallels, both historical and present, won't be ignored and comparison will be made so long as both nations exist. 

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So the author, a guy with severe ADHD decided to pull his books on his own.

Yet still we hear

"what has this world come to" or "the left" or my personal favourite "woke cancel culture strikes again"

Sums it up.  This is purely the authors decision.

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

MY only take on racism is that

For all the valid and there are soooo many valid reason to hate people, a person or groups, choosing skin colour or country of origin is about the laziest and most pathetic.

Like, there are LITERALLY Leafs fans out there....

This sort of hate is just baggage. It doesn’t do the people who feel this way any good. Life is too short to be pissed off all the time. 

My father(Trinidadian) was an immigrant and my mother used to live on an Native reserve with my grandmother and step-grandfather(who is native, both have passed since). They’ve both been through some $&!# and both know that hate is pointless and the only thing hate generates is more hate.

I have cousins who are black muslims on my fathers side. I have have extended family(native-Canadians) on that native reserve in the Okanagan that I share childhood memories with(Would spend summers and spring breaks there as a kid). My grandmother is buried on the reserve because she was a youth social worker who helped out all the kids there(they would call her grandma too on top of all her step-grandchildren who were native). There was over 200 people at her wake and funeral because she was a positive influence on a lot of people there. 

A lot of hate you see is a result of bad upbringing. Kids growing up with poor influences. 

As a kid I was introduced and influenced to so many different cultures and peoples it helped me grow and appreciate all life.

I feel like if we target racism at its roots then we could prevent it a lot more nowadays at least here in North America. Socializing and Inclusiveness is the best way. It’s almost no different than socializing a dog when you look at it in simple terms. 

• Cheers 1