The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3 players to score in the first period

Rate this topic

Ok so here's the thing. I've been doing a bet with crazy odds. The bet is just as the title says. 

Correctly pick 3 players to score in the first period on a given night. 

The odds normally range from around 1 in 300 to 1 in 900 (depending on which players you pick. 

What I am hoping for is an ongoing discussion of who people will think will score in the first period of a game that night. Who's hot, who scores a lot against a given team etc. 

I recently won $7500 on a $10 bet, and well, I'd like to repeat that. And maybe if you too like to bet, can maybe win. I use the local Norwegian lottery site, so I'm not sure if Canada has the same bet. 

Screenshot_20210311_084610_no.norsktipping.android.jpg

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

I can start with tonight's game. 

Detroit at Florida:

Carter Verhaeghe has 4 goals in 5 games. Detroit is 25th in goals against... Could be Jonathan Huberdeau. He has 6 first period goals this season (leads Florida) however Florida is in the middle of the pack when it comes to scoring in the 1st period. (for referance Ottawa is by far the worst) 

Washington vs rangers 

Both ovi and Zibanejad are hot

Although Washington scores most of their goals in the second

Columbus vs tampa 

Yan gourde has scored 4 in 5. Tampa scores a fair amount in the first (36 goals) while they surrender little (20)

So my temporary picks for the day would be:

Carter Verhaeghe

Zibanejad 

Gourde

Odds of this are about 600 to 1

22 hours ago, NucksinNorway said:

Why wouldn't they be legal? It's not much different then other bets. I'm just not sure it's offered on the differe t bedding sites available in Canada. 

Canada doesn't allow single bets. So for instance, you can't pick Vancouver to win, you would have to pick Vancouver to win and the over/under.