The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Shayne Gostisbehere, Nick Holden, Liam O’Brien

3 minutes ago, Tank Swank said:

No I think I'll just sit back and let you stick to your ridiculous standards of what makes a good coach :)

Cool story.  I didn’t say he wasn’t a good coach. I said he wasn’t one of the all time greats. 

Ghost is a LHD who plays mostly right side. At a cap hit of $4.5 mill.  We already have Schmiddy for that.  

>> Schmidt, who plays better on the left anyway, as most lefty's do. But plays either side better defensively.

Ghost is a PMD who's primary value used to be running the power play. We already have Hughes for that.

No need for Ghost be hairy on our team! :mellow:

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I’ve been watching cause I have Flyer players in fantasy pools. Haven’t watched the games but his minutes were steadily increasing over the last 10 games or so. So it’s an interesting move 

Edit: Just looked again. I guess that was more before he was scratched 5 or so games ago. 

Philly having a rough year

You've been watching but haven't watched??? Which one is it..

Surprised to see Ghost on waiver wire.. toast of the nhl just 2 years ago.. I think he gets claimed..

All offense no defense.. JB better not overpay  Quinn Hughes and sign him to a rediculous contract..

Just now, WHL rocks said:

You've been watching but haven't watched??? Which one is it..

Surprised to see Ghost on waiver wire.. toast of the nhl just 2 years ago.. I think he gets claimed..

All offense no defense.. JB better not overpay  Quinn Hughes and sign him to a rediculous contract..

Watching the scores. I’m always checking ice times etc for my pools. Usually read into quite a bit. Bit of a typing goof there though.

Ghost has had a hard time staying in the line-up the last season or so. Scratched in the playoffs I do believe. One thing to be bad in your own end but the offence hasn’t been stellar.

I’m also not worried about 21 year old Quinn Hughes.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Interesting.  Didn't think I would see Nick Holden's name on the waiver wire among some of these other, expected names.

Some here have said that you are responsible for the Flyers' collapse. What say you?

5 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

What’s wrong with what he said? He’s just being honest. That’s leadership in my opinion. Is society so soft now that this is frowned upon? Do we have to sugarcoat things and play pretend? Whoever this tweeter is is obviously softer than cotton. That’s pathetic to word it like that.

Edited by linden17
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

To make the finals on multiple occasions would require making adjustments along the way.

Sure. Let’s call two appearances in the final “multiple”. His playoff coaching record is 78-77.

Again. I think he’s a good coach. But there’s no way I put him in the conversation for best ever 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Cool story.  I didn’t say he wasn’t a good coach. I said he wasn’t one of the all time greats. 

Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon....

John Stockton, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Elgin Baylor...

All of the above are considered among the all time greats in their sport. None have won championships.

And no, I’m not advocating for the return of AV

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon....

John Stockton, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Elgin Baylor...

All of the above are considered among the all time greats in their sport. None have won championships.

And no, I’m not advocating for the return of AV

Joe Thornton comes to mind too

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Sure. Let’s call two appearances in the final “multiple”. His playoff coaching record is 78-77.

Again. I think he’s a good coach. But there’s no way I put him in the conversation for best ever 

Definition of multiple:

consisting of, including, or involving more than one

To single that word out really highlights your bias against him. He is an all time great.

• Cheers 1