The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

1 hour ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

So I am guessing that you live in Texas and know EXACTLY what is going on right? I happen to live 15 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway which has been providing free vaccinations via drive-thru means to those who want them at the tune of about 1K people per day. North Texas is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the world and we have been managing our cases due to our Governor making it a priority. People can laugh and make jokes about Texas, but the reality is that we are actually doing better than most while also having a HUGE population. And yes, according to many of my friends in the healthcare industry here (doctors, nurses and EMT) many of the "deaths" that have been cited as Covid-related were in fact not so. Definitely not saying that Covid is not legit because I have friends and co-workers who had it, but I am saying that statistics tend to be skewed to benefit others interests, especially when the pharmaceutical industry prospers from it. 

Bottom third in % vaccinated. Huge state in size and population. It will take time. That is why reopening should not be all or nothing. You got the lieutenant gov in TX that said old people should sacrifice in order to save the economy just tells you where their head is at in terms of priority.  

You are also claiming there is massive fraud going on death certificates.  Sometimes getting the primary and secondary causes of death may be subject to interpretation. And perhaps states may report them differently. People try to minimize the effect of covid because it benefits their interests (keeping their business open, tax revenue, political popularity among certain folks etc). It goes both ways.  But to think it is all a conspiracy is wrong too (not saying you do). 

See How the Vaccine Rollout Is Going in Your County and State https://nyti.ms/2Kx8nEa

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

TX cases will go up just like rest of US now. They are not vaccinating fast enough and open too quickly. 

No, there's isn't overcount of covid related deaths. Definitely excess deaths exist, so if anything, it's undercount. Flu is low worldwide, but it isn't because drs can't diagnose flu and count them as covid instead.  We don't know for sure why, but this phenomenon has been seen in prior pandemics.  Record flu vaccinations, social distancing and masking, all helped.  But humans have immunity to flu as a population, but not vs covid. 

Also some basic studies look like COVID and flu are competing viruses so don’t co habit a body - one kicks the other out, surprisingly the common cold seems to kick out COVID. So if flu is down because covid is up isn’t surprising, it’s not a conspiracy or cover up 

• Cheers 2

This is unfortunate but I'm not concerned about these young health rockets recovering... Hopefully we have games postponed until April 12th and everyone is ready to go by then. 

This break should be a blessing in disguise imo. Good chance for the boys to push a reset and come back healthy as can be 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I see I believe, not a difficult concept but it's stood me in good stead. Let's be honest there's a larger than normal "anti's" in GB than most countries

No more so than most western societies.   Yes we have our fair share of idiots but wouldn’t say it’s a larger than normal

That’s a lot of Covid for one team! Well, that sucks. Hope everyone gets through it and it doesn’t impact long term health. You hear these bad cases where some people get ongoing health issues from it.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Also some basic studies look like COVID and flu are competing viruses so don’t co habit a body - one kicks the other out, surprisingly the common cold seems to kick out COVID. So if flu is down because covid is up isn’t surprising, it’s not a conspiracy or cover up 

Y. Usually the pandemic strain will displace the seasonal one. In flu pandemics, the pandemic strain displaces the seasonal one. So it makes sense SARS-CoV-2 displacing other coronaviruses too. And not just influenza, RSV and other respiratory viruses all went down. Thank goodness they don't pile on. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, drummerboy said:

As someone who makes a living writing and recording music, yeah.  Destroying lives.  
Not me personally, but I’ve been watching tons of young talented amazing people spiral downhill over the last year.  
Their lives are touring the world playing music and maybe sling beers at a bar when they are home.  
Both taken away.   
Have you not put any thought into the mental health issues this is creating for people?  
What about the new homeless?  

You make stupid conservative flat earth comments at me like I’m the idiot here, but you haven’t put a thought into all the people who no longer have a way to provide for their families.  
Cool dude. 

If Bonny Horgan were following science they would have acted swiftly and done the right thing.   Not waddle around “walking the line”.  
All they are in this is for the public spotlight and votes for Horgan.   They don’t care about you. 

Also, where was all the hate towards the old people when this was pretty much just retirement homes?

Where was Horgan calling old Maybel and George a couple of jerks when they were getting it?   :bigblush:

So do you think old Maybel  and George in the retirement homes contracted covid out at a bar, in a drum circle, or yelling at an anti-mask rally? Off course not, it was delivered right to them in their homes. But yeah, Horgan should be calling them jerks anyway.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Hope for a speedy recovery to the team.

hockey is secondary to anyone’s Heath.

Glad it didn’t start with JV ,the haters would have had a field day critiquing his “maturity”...

ive had some family who’ve gotten it and a month later they still had Heath issues - water around the heart and low stamina. 
Looking forward to when we play again. 

• Vintage 1