The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

5 minutes ago, Slegr said:

NHL players should have got the Vaccine in Stage 1. Yeah, they’re young, rich, and have celebrity-status in some cases. But they do perform an important social service of keeping us entertained. In these trying times, that’s important for all of our mental health. 

No they shouldn't

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

The Olympics suck. Why even hold that crap this year.

Money ahead of human safety.

how many hundreds of millions does a city have to bribe the Olympic committee just to consider their city, than they build venues that cost 100’s of millions. All with the hopes that tourists may pay for some of it.

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's no credible source on that that I can find.  I'm having this conversation with my daughter right now.

I highly doubt she would be that dumb

Customers can go inside for wine tasting, following the same rules as retail and there's no tables, chairs etc.

Are you serious?Dr Henry is in a large room with nobody near her and did you notice the coffee cup on the table,if you know how to drink coffee through a mask let us know.A Conservative Gov would have done a better job? Do you realize in Ontario in person dining has been closed for almost 300 days,and they lead the country in variants .BC has never locked down so what would make you believe a Con Gov would do better.You mean like Alberta?

Just now, panelguy said:

Are you serious?Dr Henry is in a large room with nobody near her and did you notice the coffee cup on the table,if you know how to drink coffee through a mask let us know.A Conservative Gov would have done a better job? Do you realize in Ontario in person dining has been closed for almost 300 days,and they lead the country in variants .BC has never locked down so what would make you believe a Con Gov would do better.You mean like Alberta?

What the hell are you talking about?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Money ahead of human safety.

how many hundreds of millions does a city have to bribe the Olympic committee just to consider their city, than they build venues that cost 100’s of millions. All with the hopes that tourists may pay for some of it.

Oh yeah. Of course the almighty dollar. Isn't that going to be an insane breeding ground for Covid or am I losing it, isn't that like two months away? :unsure:

Edited by Gawdzukes

8 hours ago, Provost said:

It was reported by Dreger that it is the Brazilian variant that is going around the team.  Much more contagious.

If that is the case, presumably some more cases over the coming days.  More positives on top of the 9 already confirmer as of late tonight.

Hope all is well with them and their families (who won’t be part of the count and some of them are almost certainly going to fall ill).

"It's also Believed a Variant has been identified in some of the Cases"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Unrelated to the Canucks but did any of you see those pictures of Bonnie heading out to visit family on a helicopter no mask on right after she told everyone don't visit your friends and family over the long weekend. Do as I say not as I do.

Meanwhile she is killing small business restaurants but wineries like the one she owns can still operate with customers inside.

This government has got to go.

The bc libs would have handled this better im sure, or a conservative party if there was an option.

Just cause you saw it on Utube does not make it real

9 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

"It's also Believed a Variant has been identified in some of the Cases"

Honestly if someone is leaking that information they should be fired.

A players private medical information should be kept just that, private.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Honestly if someone is leaking that information they should be fired.

A players private medical information should be kept just that, private.

This brings up something I don’t quite understand - why are the players named but not coaches?

IMO this should all be private to protect people from some of the idiocy like blaming Gaudette or his wife or the Jake at the Roxy jokes.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Drewman said:

Says the guy who claimed (without proof) that Boeser was the other infected player. I think we'll stick to what the NHL and team tell us about the season instead of your "informed" decision.

It’s funny how mental midgets take the word “Boeser.” as a response to another poster as a claim of truth. Maybe you and your other account can get a room and hold each other tight, and dry each other’s tears.