The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I'm as far on the opposite end of the Canucks management debate spectrum as @AbrasiveAjax and I'm agreeing with him. 

Aside from the fact that the guy 'reporting' on Dr. Henry sounds like he inhaled a bit too much helium, this guy clearly has an agenda with all his youtube videos being focused on on anti-bonnie henry./covid lockdown coverage. Even that youtube video showed her just sitting with a coffee by her side (you can take your mask off to drink) and then splices in pictures and videos without any context.

The 'news source' is a divisive hack.

good points, utter rubbish and hack job. 

but I'm sure we are not as far opposite on the Canucks management debate as you suggested

Coaches coach, managers manage, players play, and apparently some refs partake in Game Management!! but how did that work out for him? hahahaha he game managed himself out of a career.

12 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I'm as far on the opposite end of the Canucks management debate spectrum as @AbrasiveAjax and I'm agreeing with him. 

Aside from the fact that the guy 'reporting' on Dr. Henry sounds like he inhaled a bit too much helium, this guy clearly has an agenda with all his youtube videos being focused on on anti-bonnie henry./covid lockdown coverage. Even that youtube video showed her just sitting with a coffee by her side (you can take your mask off to drink) and then splices in pictures and videos without any context.

The 'news source' is a divisive hack.

In any case, I'm fine with us cancelling the rest of our games if it turns out to be worse than we thought (Dhaliwal saying possibly 19+ players and staff). Our player's and staff health should come first and it sounds pretty serious. If we need to play games then maybe call up the AHL squad.

I don't even know what video you're talking about

The viral posts all over Twitter and fb are pictures.

I don't go on YouTube much

4 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

good points, utter rubbish and hack job. 

but I'm sure we are not as far opposite on the Canucks management debate as you suggested

Coaches coach, managers manage, players play, and apparently some refs partake in Game Management!! but how did that work out for him? hahahaha he game managed himself out of a career.

I mean, you did call a lot of points I agreed with beating a dead horse hehe. And of course, I responded burying our heads in the sand ;)

We probably aren't far apart on the strategy of management, just the execution. And of course, I know we agree we wanna see Bo lift the cup!

At the end of the day though, Hockey is but one component of our lives. Health is the most important thing at the end of the day, as we can probably all agree in this thread. 

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

I mean, you did call a lot of points I agreed with beating a dead horse hehe. And of course, I responded burying our heads in the sand ;)

We probably aren't far apart on the strategy of management, just the execution. And of course, I know we agree we wanna see Bo lift the cup!

At the end of the day though, Hockey is but one component of our lives. Health is the most important thing at the end of the day, as we can probably all agree in this thread. 

you nailed it!

Go Bo Go, love this team

Get well boys

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I don't even know what video you're talking about

The viral posts all over Twitter and fb are pictures.

I don't go on YouTube much

The same vid and pics being spread in that youtube video. her sitting in an airport waiting for a helicopter, no mask. This is probably what you saw on FB

Honestly though, if we want to apply critical thinking here, for a guy who can't stand trump as well, you should know one of the reasons he became so big was because people fell for fake news and outrage tweets that went viral without any authentication. As others said in this thread, just because something is viral does not mean it is real. 

Algorithims and news feeds are an easy way to make people fall for confirmation bias.  

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DSVII said:

The same vid and pics being spread in that youtube video. her sitting in an airport waiting for a helicopter, no mask. This is probably what you saw on FB

Honestly though, if we want to apply critical thinking here, for a guy who can't stand trump as well, you should know one of the reasons he became so big was because people fell for fake news and outrage tweets that went viral without any authentication. As others said in this thread, just because something is viral does not mean it is real. 

Algorithims and news feeds are an easy way to make people fall for confirmation bias.  

Only reason why he won a Presidential election was that the Democrats ran a horrible candidate against him & the electoral college.    In a two horse race, you always have a chance (and I don't mean Jim Carey chance especially if the other candidate is pretty bad).  Once he faced a guy who's biggest issue was that he was as old as Methuselah, he predictably lost by a good margin.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Shut the year down. Focus on their health. 

Lets hope no one gets really sick. Some of the side effects from this disease are things like heart issues.  

Maybe it should be a wake up call to all of us. Lets all tighten up the way we live. Hopefully our useless Liberal government will find a way to speed up the vaccines. PS,, all governments are useless!!!!! 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Get me some halibut and then we can talk!

D8164622-4D98-47A3-9A12-7D3C0D76AAFF.jpeg

NICE!

I have not got a Hali yet, Buddy is coming out next week and hoping for a flat sea to go try.

Found some nice Ling when they were open and they are good eating

IMG_20201025_115252359_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

So if reports are true and +/- 19 players and staff are in covid protocol. If the Canucks season gets shut down would the canucks draft top 5? 

I would imagine our points percentage would stay frozen at .473 and they would determine the order based on that once the season was done.

10 minutes ago, hammertime said:

So if reports are true and +/- 19 players and staff are in covid protocol. If the Canucks season gets shut down would the canucks draft top 5? 

does anyone have a link to this report?

21 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Shut the year down. Focus on their health. 

Lets hope no one gets really sick. Some of the side effects from this disease are things like heart issues.  

Maybe it should be a wake up call to all of us. Lets all tighten up the way we live. Hopefully our useless Liberal government will find a way to speed up the vaccines. PS,, all governments are useless!!!!! 

Good for you, you found an opportunity to rant your hate for Liberal Governments