Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

New Jersey had 19 in March, and recent report said Canucks were worst in sports history, so I didn't doubt that it was  +19 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stawns said:

What the hell are you talking about?

I guess you miss the photo of Dr Henry waiting for the Helijet to take her back to Victoria.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would imagine our points percentage would stay frozen at .473 and they would determine the order based on that once the season was done.

Gotta wonder. If the Canucks do cancel their season I can't think of an example in the modern era for where they would place in the standings. Anyone have any insight into what has been laid out in the rules to start this season? You got to think it was thought of. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, panelguy said:

I guess you miss the photo of Dr Henry waiting for the Helijet to take her back to Victoria.

Although I do not like her and think our government really dropped the ball in a lot of ways, she does live in Victoria and was travelling for work so I have no issues with that.

  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, panelguy said:

I guess you miss the photo of Dr Henry waiting for the Helijet to take her back to Victoria.

frustrated george costanza GIF

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rekker said:

Gotta wonder. If the Canucks do cancel their season I can't think of an example in the modern era for where they would place in the standings. Anyone have any insight into what has been laid out in the rules to start this season? You got to think it was thought of. 

Weren’t the teams ranked based on P% last year? Seems like a fair way of doing it. Don’t forget, if our season is canceled the other teams in our division will lose games too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Weren’t the teams ranked based on P% last year? Seems like a fair way of doing it. Don’t forget, if our season is canceled the other teams in our division will lose games too.

I suppose finish with standings for the Canucks based on percentage. But should all the standings in the North be adjusted to percentage. Some teams have played us more than others, some teams will lose more games than others if we bow out. Kind of throws the competitive balance off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stawns said:

frustrated george costanza GIF

 

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Although I do not like her and think our government really dropped the ball in a lot of ways, she does live in Victoria and was traveling for work so I have no issues with that.

neither do I but when people miss the story and comment they jump to conclusions.I defended DR Henry but some here missed that part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rekker said:

I suppose finish with standings for the Canucks based on percentage. But should all the standings in the North be adjusted to percentage. Some teams have played us more than others, some teams will lose more games than others if we bow out. Kind of throws the competitive balance off. 

With only 7 teams in our division some teams play Ottawa more than others anyways, I can’t think of a fairer way than P% to determine standings in games aren’t equal.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Money ahead of human safety.

how many hundreds of millions does a city have to bribe the Olympic committee just to consider their city, than they build venues that cost 100’s of millions. All with the hopes that tourists may pay for some of it.

The other side effect of holding the Olympics (like Expo 86) that we know all too well - is that it spotlights the host city all over the world.  So the question for all of us now after holding both world events is:    Do you think the extra post event tourism dollars are worth the massive influx of foreigners to live in our now World class city and the resulting unaffordability of housing to local Canadians? 

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as the draft they should give team who misses the playoffs the same odds for the draft lotto. It has been such a weird year.

 

Then use their winning percentage for the rest of the rounds.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

With only 7 teams in our division some teams play Ottawa more than others anyways, I can’t think of a fairer way than P% to determine standings in games aren’t equal.

Never mind Ottawa... the unfair thing is some teams got to play us more and gain the easy points.  It isn’t fair to the other teams to miss that opportunity too.

 

I don’t see them cancelling our whole season, but I can see shuffling things so our Ottawa/Calgary games are at the end and don’t have to be played if both teams are eliminated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drewman said:

Typical. Instead of just embracing the fact you were wrong, you attack others to make up for your own insecurity and need to feel relevant.

Actually no. I get that you need to feel superior in this situation. I was having a conversation with Devron44 and they were speculating on who the other sick Canuck could be. My one word answer to them was Boeser. Wasn’t talking to your dumb ass or your other account, the equally stupid Abrasive Assjax. Yet both of you are desperately trying to state that I was making a statement to the community at large, even though I quoted Devron purposely to indicate (especially to the slower, denser posters like yourself) that it was a response to them. 

2 hours ago, Drewman said:

You should stick to your one word responses, at least they don't make you sound touchy.

You should stick to one account so the trolling on this site doesn’t get out of hand, Ajax. 

  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, appleboy said:

As far as the draft they should give team who misses the playoffs the same odds for the draft lotto. It has been such a weird year.

 

Then use their winning percentage for the rest of the rounds.

thats a really good idea. They just altered the draft rules so its not going to happen but this would have been a fair way to do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

No more so than most western societies.   Yes we have our fair share of idiots but wouldn’t say it’s a larger than normal

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth. - Garry Kasparov

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 12:11 PM, Googlie said:

New Jersey had 19 in March, and recent report said Canucks were worst in sports history, so I didn't doubt that it was  +19 

Dallas Stars had 17 to start the season...

 

Whoever wrote that report is truly an idiot :lol:

 

Edit: Maybe they weren't an idiot after all :lol: instead a time traveler who knew it was higher then expected....

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...