The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Seriously, that's what you got out of it?

Yeah, I did. People are overreacting to it, and it is pathetic. I'm pretty sure she was talking about grocery shopping, yet people are acting like she is blatantly ignoring all the rules and being reckless, and no one has proof of that.

22 minutes ago, Nucksownyou said:

Yeah, I did. People are overreacting to it, and it is pathetic. I'm pretty sure she was talking about grocery shopping, yet people are acting like she is blatantly ignoring all the rules and being reckless, and no one has proof of that.

You missed the part where she casually dismissed the precautions sent by the Canucks, I believe. She then goes on to ridicule the precaution (keep in mind, not a regulation, a precaution).

If she doesn't think much about a precaution - something she has a choice over, not a regulation - that says a lot about what she thinks about covid. Masks were initially something to use as a precaution. Therefore, it's not a stretch to think that she would not want to use a mask if it's not convenient for her.

Another way of looking at this is: she ignores precautions that she doesn't agree with. Not a regulation remember. Something that could mitigate risk and she isn't following that (and is shown to be proud about it).

The optics are horrific, given what has happened.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah ... I know this situation is more serious than hockey. But I am trying to imagine the worst case scenario being that Vancouver needs to do a complete rebuild again because the team's young players will never reach their potential because of the long terms effects of covid. 

Obviously I hope this doesn't happen, but we all know about Canuck luck.

Does this mean JB's gonna have to resign Lucky L.E. to another 5 year $30,000,000.00 Contract ?    

Good grief !

11 hours ago, Provost said:

It is definitely a worry.  When you are talking to about athletes that are pushing the edges of human performance, even a slight lingering effect could be debilitating for their careers.

A 5% reduction in lung capacity would mean nothing to most of us... to an elite athlete that is an entirely different story. 

I am not going to presuppose that it will happen to any of our guys... but is absolutely the potential.

For myself, I now refer toy.life as BI and AI........before infection and after infection because my body isn't the same anymore and my AI life is compromised

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah ... I know this situation is more serious than hockey. But I am trying to imagine the worst case scenario being that Vancouver needs to do a complete rebuild again because the team's young players will never reach their potential because of the long terms effects of covid. 

Obviously I hope this doesn't happen, but we all know about Canuck luck.

Imagine worst case? LOL our players never reaching their potential and having to completely rebuild? LOOOOOL

Dude if you wana do that you should also prepare for the world ending. 

After all its really dangerous here in Canada. I think the world will end. You might be up to something. 

Get a grip. Plenty of players have got covid and literally only guy in nhl that reported severe symptoms was ristolainnen... Did covid slow McDavid down? 

My brother, stay calm. Go for walks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, apollo said:

Imagine worst case? LOL our players never reaching their potential and having to completely rebuild? LOOOOOL

Dude if you wana do that you should also prepare for the world ending. 

After all its really dangerous here in Canada. I think the world will end. You might be up to something. 

Get a grip. Plenty of players have got covid and literally only guy in nhl that reported severe symptoms was ristolainnen... Did covid slow McDavid down? 

My brother, stay calm. Go for walks. 

This is p1, it's an entirely different beast

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

This is p1, it's an entirely different beast

Yes I'm well aware, I've had friends get it recently and I've been at their beck and call helping out, delivering groceries, offering mental support. 

Not being a troll calling them and saying they'll never recover... My friends 67 year old smoker dad beat P1 no problem. You beat it by staying positive and making the right health choices. 

Imagine when people in my life needed my help throughout this and I told them... Hey you're probably losing your job and your company is going thru a total rebuild. 

So either he's right and Hughes Horvat Pettersson Miller Brock are now trash after this. They'll never recover.  I think it's time we fold the franchise right? 

Or you can realize that's the worst comment anyone's made in history and it's beyond silly that someone is proposing a rebuild as all our players are now damaged goods? :lol:

Support those in need. Give to your food banks and calm your anxiety. Canada will get thru this stronger than ever. 

This just shows how toxic and negative some of our fans are. 

Support one another and calm down. This is the world's greatest country. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

Yes I'm well aware, I've had friends get it recently and I've been at their beck and call helping out, delivering groceries, offering mental support. 

Not being a troll calling them and saying they'll never recover... My friends 67 year old smoker dad beat P1 no problem. You beat it by staying positive and making the right health choices. 

Imagine when people in my life needed my help throughout this and I told them... Hey you're probably losing your job and your company is going thru a total rebuild. 

So either he's right and Hughes Horvat Pettersson Miller Brock are now trash after this. They'll never recover.  I think it's time we fold the franchise right? 

Or you can realize that's the worst comment anyone's made in history and it's beyond silly that someone is proposing a rebuild as all our players are now damaged goods? :lol:

Support those in need. Give to your food banks and calm your anxiety. Canada will get thru this stronger than ever. 

This just shows how toxic and negative some of our fans are. 

Support one another and calm down. This is the world's greatest country. 

What colour is the sky in your world Apollo?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

What colour is the sky in your world Apollo?

Good question... You'd assume I'd say always blue but I'm not a big fan of clear skies. I think it's overrated and we're beyond blessed to have clouds here. I find it far more majestic when there's some clouds and light coming through the clouds, reflecting on the ocean. Really meditative

I spend way too much time taking pictures of clouds and going for walks since covid hit as my mental health was taking a beating. Also love just listening to the birds. Younger me never appreciated these things in life... 

Helps me stay sane. So I won't have to pound alarm bells over millionaires getting private doctors sent to their homes cuz they are simply that rich and well off... When there's vulnerable people in ACTUAL DANGER 

Let's go thru this one more time... I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again, I was in denial of my own mental illness for many years and coped with alcohol and other vices. Old me definitely would chose a) in the below scenario 

Scenario 1, all of our players have covid p1 whatever 

A) aquilini has sent them private doctors to their homes... This must mean 14 of them about to die. Canucks need to do a full rebuild. Benning is to blame. 

B} aquaman is one of the best owners in all of hockey and is loving that he can flex some white priveledge to lessen his players symptoms by sending them private doctors 

Bold is how a healthy person reacts. Someone mentally stable. The former, is how someone mentally ill reacts - likely suffering from either severe anxiety or OCD and unaware of it because they use drugs and alcohol or other bad habits to cope with their illness. This makes the subject unaware of their mental illness and they just continue to cope with drinking or whatever vice 

Our mental health is far too important to let trolls ramble on. I hope no one takes this as me coming at them. When I say mental illness I don't mean anything offensive... if it's wasn't for this great franchise and Tyler Motte I'd never be able to see the light myself. 

This has to stop. Canucks nation is time we band together. 

Canadians will always come out ahead. This is simply the greatest nation on Gods green earth :gocan:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, panelguy said:

14 Canucks sick with COVID now

19 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Actually no. I get that you need to feel superior in this situation. I was having a conversation with Devron44 and they were speculating on who the other sick Canuck could be. My one word answer to them was Boeser. Wasn’t talking to your dumb ass or your other account, the equally stupid Abrasive Assjax. Yet both of you are desperately trying to state that I was making a statement to the community at large, even though I quoted Devron purposely to indicate (especially to the slower, denser posters like yourself) that it was a response to them. 

You should stick to one account so the trolling on this site doesn’t get out of hand, Ajax. 

Nope not me at all, i have one account

But i must say its time for the moderators and administrators to ban PhillipBlunt for his continuous name calling, belittling, attempted  bullying and over the top rudness

If we are all canucks fans this is unacceptable 

Go Canucks go,  beat the virus

Edited by AbrasiveAjax
Cause

7 hours ago, Nucksownyou said:

Umm how are they overreacting to it? She literally says she isn't going to follow the precautions either the Canucks or the NHL sent them, that's being reckless and doing what you want instead and then laughing about it. Obviously the league doesn't want them going into the stores to cut down on the risk of the players getting the virus and spreading it, sounds like they want them doing online shopping but she thinks she doesn't have to do it that way and if she wants to go to the store to get 1 thing she doesn't give a crap and will do it anyways. That's called being reckless, the proof is in the video.

Would not be surprised if this isn't a wrap on the Canucks season. It's "possible" that we just use Utica to complete the season, but we still need a coach behind the bench.

If this is the Brazil variant, it's really possible that we aren't able to ice a full team until May.

7 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Would not be surprised if this isn't a wrap on the Canucks season. It's "possible" that we just use Utica to complete the season, but we still need a coach behind the bench.

If this is the Brazil variant, it's really possible that we aren't able to ice a full team until May.

except that Utica has their own outbreak 

• Cheers 1