The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

3 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Probably ex friends.  I assume there is drama going on as to who leaked it.

If I cared more I'd check to see what date this convo happened on; then look for more recent posts or tweets from her to see if she had a change of mind since the original.

43 minutes ago, gurn said:

Not sure, was she on "social media" or having a zoom call with some  friends?

I did some digging and seems to be she was on this show called The Broadscast which started up last year of 5 females for talking about sports in Vancouver on a podcast.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BroadscastPod/status/1377688596052762628

@BroadscastPod

And btw her response to the video was this.

"Those weren’t rules. Those were recommendations... I was allowed to go grocery shopping"

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I did some digging and seems to be she was on this show called The Broadscast which started up last year of 5 females for talking about sports in Vancouver on a podcast.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BroadscastPod/status/1377688596052762628

@BroadscastPod

And btw her response to the video was this.

"Those weren’t rules. Those were recommendations... I was allowed to go grocery shopping"

She clearly missed the point, even when given the chance to amend herself.

It's not that she wasn't ALLOWED to go shopping. It's taking extra precautions (key word: precautions - not the same as restrictions) to AVOID COVID. One of those steps is to wear a mask, for example, but in no way do they guarantee anything. They're just something that can help mitigate the risks, so people like her are more or less EXPECTED to do it, especially given that her husband is dealing with hockey players who absolutely have to be COVID negative. Instead, she decides "Sorry, I'm not going to listen to that."

Like, she potentially could be one of those people who could careless ruin the players and families that are now under COVID. I'm not saying she was definitely the one to do it. I'm saying she didn't use due diligence. THAT is the issue.

If it were me, I'd follow EVERY SINGLE PRECAUTION as if they were restrictions because that minimizes my chance of getting COVID. She clearly doesn't think the same way.

Edited by Dazzle

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Just go back a couple pages you'll see it.

Thanks, I thought it was earlier in the thread and stopped looking before that page.

I don't want to pillory her, just wanted to show my wife who was interested.

Interestingly, here is a Canucks PSA about Corona that Adam and Micaela participated in, from a year ago.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

She clearly missed the point, even when given the chance to amend herself.

It's not that she wasn't ALLOWED to go shopping. It's taking extra precautions (key word: precautions - not the same as restrictions) to AVOID COVID. One of those steps is to wear a mask, for example, but in no way do they guarantee anything. They're just something that can help mitigate the risks, so people like her are more or less EXPECTED to do it, especially given that her husband is dealing with hockey players who absolutely have to be COVID negative. Instead, she decides "Sorry, I'm not going to listen to that."

Like, she potentially could be one of those people who could careless ruin the players and families that are now under COVID. I'm not saying she was definitely the one to do it. I'm saying she didn't use due diligence. THAT is the issue.

If it were me, I'd follow EVERY SINGLE PRECAUTION as if they were restrictions because that minimizes my chance of getting COVID. She clearly doesn't think the same way.

so whats the end game here? we know people do dumb things. Whats the resolution you want for her saying something stupid? 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

so whats the end game here? we know people do dumb things. Whats the resolution you want for her saying something stupid? 

She should apologize and say she should do better.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

OK thats fair. Lets see if she does. 

No, she won't. She wrote on her twitter that she was allowed to go shopping (which shows that she missed the point).

To summarize:

She had a choice to minimize risk (precautions). She says: "Yeah, I'm not going to listen to that."

Then in response, she says "I was allowed to go shopping. They were not protocols."

She's indefensible.

Just now, Dazzle said:

No, she won't. She wrote on her twitter that she was allowed to go shopping (which shows that she missed the point).

To summarize:

She had a choice to minimize risk (precautions). She says: "Yeah, I'm not going to listen to that."

Then in response, she says "I was allowed to go shopping. They were not protocols."

She's indefensible.

OK. I don't have the energy to be outraged at her or fight with people about it. Lets agree to disagree on the approach with her. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think calling Micaela anti mask is a bridge too far, there's no proof of that. 

I commented on this somewhere else, but the reason the clip was posted is b/c the hypocrisy of that Podcast in generally being 'outspoken' & quick to attack others for these sorts of things, among other things, while having that comment made right on their own platform by someone they are close with.

It's part of the stupid tribalism on Canucks twitter.

I don't see the point of piling on Mrs.Gaudette, and I think for the most part people aren't. Unless this whole outbreak can be directly linked to a decision she made (going out) then I don't see the point in singling her out.

No one's saying she's anti-mask because as you said, there's no proof of that. However, it's not a stretch to think that she thinks the COVID situation is in the category of being not so serious.

Absolutely there is a hypocrisy because they have their platform to say what they want - much like other podcasters - except the contents of that conversation are subject to scrutiny (just like everyone else).

The fact that some (not all) of these Broadcast listeners come to the blind defense of their co-hosts illustrates, as you say, tribalism. There is no intelligence except unquestioned loyalty.

I believe she should have addressed the issue by saying she had underestimated the extent of COVID at that point, and while she still might have been criticized for it, at least it shows that she's willing to learn from her mistakes.

Right now, she has doubled down on her being 'right'. And that is just foolish. She's part of the same group of people, essentially, who believe COVID isn't that bad and that people will get over it (like Damien Cox). The only reason why some people are changing their tunes from their previous positions is due to public pressure.

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

just another log on the fire for my dislike of social media. Even if she did say something stupid, she'll never be allowed to make amends for it. I wouldn't be surprised of AG asks for a trade given the e-outrage. 

There's just no way to know who the source is, and as annoyed as I am at the behaviour of many people during covid I see no benefit to the online mob. 

Social media is for mentally challenged people. It's like a zoo full of idiots. Hopefully she learned her lesson. Gaudette is not that good at hockey anyway. Hopefully he gets healthy and he gets traded.

• RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

No one's saying she's anti-mask because as you said, there's no proof of that. However, it's not a stretch to think that she thinks the COVID situation is in the category of being not so serious.

Absolutely there is a hypocrisy because they have their platform to say what they want - much like other podcasters - except the contents of that conversation are subject to scrutiny (just like everyone else).

The fact that some (not all) of these Broadcast listeners come to the blind defense of their co-hosts illustrates, as you say, tribalism. There is no intelligence except unquestioned loyalty.

I believe she should have addressed the issue by saying she had underestimated the extent of COVID at that point, and while she still might have been criticized for it, at least it shows that she's willing to learn from her mistakes.

Right now, she has doubled down on her being 'right'. And that is just foolish. She's part of the same group of people, essentially, who believe COVID isn't that bad and that people will get over it (like Damien Cox). The only reason why some people are changing their tunes from their previous positions is due to public pressure.

I don't know her overall view on everything. Her stance was that she did nothing wrong, and the Canucks told them such - whether that's true I don't know, I'd assume so. To my knowledge going to the grocery store isn't illegal.

She isn't a host on the podcast, just a guest/friend. I don't think shes a big enough deal to have to come out with a public statement, considering we don't know if this was her fault - again, apparently the Canucks said it wasn't. 

I think alot of people are taking it less seriously than before in our province, I don't really want to single her out as I don't know what precautions she is & isn't taking. My thought as to why people are not adhering as strictly to the protocol's is; I think the government (and many gov'ts) have taken half assed measures, and that - along with people seeing; a high recovery rate statistically, a huge toll on people mentally/economically, & not facing the worst of the virus first hand - has eroded trust / obedience of the public. (Again not a justification or judgement, just an 'analysis').

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Social media is for mentally challenged people. It's like a zoo full of idiots. Hopefully she learned her lesson. Gaudette is not that good at hockey anyway. Hopefully he gets healthy and he gets traded.

Gaudette is the shiny new thing from last year, whose shine has miraculously lasted longer than Goldy, Baertschi, Dahlin, Leipsic, Grandlund and Megna.

I am just not sure how,

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Shes going to leave him if he doesnt stick in the nhl anyway.  

A lot of these nhlers are marrying total gold digging IG airheads.  

Should take a que from the Sedins n Bo.  

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1