The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

11 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Imagine if it comes out that Lucky Loui E. is the cause behind all this?  Wouldn't that be something!

I am just waiting for the Virtanen blame to come in. "If he didn't go to the club that one time way back when this would never have happened."

• Haha 1

Anyone who says they do everything perfectly when it comes to the covid-19 restrictions, their lying. Just do your best!

I am talking about the basic day to day requirements.

Not everyone can handle being shut up in their house and never come out. Find a balance between what is required to maintain our health physically and what you need emotionally.  If you must get out do your best to social distance. If you get together with family do it outside.  Just use common sense. If you have been out at a public market or in a congested area, maybe don't go see your grandparents for a week or so. 

If you are coming back from Brazil, stay away from all of us!!!      PS    ;  Your an idiot......        LOL

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 hours ago, lmm said:

Baretschi 2pts in 6 games last year

Goldy 27 pts in 63 in 2019

Leipsic 5 in 17 2019

Non of those plays center and 2 of 3 plays in the top 6. We can complain all we want about Gaudette production, but it's not exactly like he's put with players that will help his production either. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

and now, YOOOOUUUUURRRRRR VAAAAANNNNNCCOOUUUUVVVVEEERRRRRRRR COMETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks that way. But thats OK, its the only positive out of this is some of the kids get some NHL experience. Have to take what we can get here. Maybe someone steps up and gives is something to be happy about. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

looks that way. But thats OK, its the only positive out of this is some of the kids get some NHL experience. Have to take what we can get here. Maybe someone steps up and gives is something to be happy about. 

The strange thing about this is that the young players can finally play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Dazzle said:

The strange thing about this is that the young players can finally play.

that will be fun to see at least if they do come back. I wonder how this all works for cap compliance... do they just put all the recovering guys on LTIR? or does the NHL just let us field whatever we can and not worry about it? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

On 4/4/2021 at 11:58 AM, Provost said:

Now saying over 20 people 

Canucks' positive COVID cases increases to over 20
https://www.tsn.ca/1.1618012.1617560160

https://mobile.twitter.com/northkoreadprk?lang=en

If you want propaganda stick to North Korea Twitter. Less propaganda than Dregers or any of this trash Tarrana media causing a panic in our fan base. 

WE DO NOT HAVE 20 POSITIVE CASES. Anyone that breathed air beside guads and Sutter was added to protocol for safety. 

Jim's just not coming out to say anything because he learned from Bergevins cheating when he needed Montreal players to rest up injuries. 

Stay calm. Stay safe. Don't be a covidiot. FOLLOW PROVINCE GUIDELINES 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, Dazzle said:

https://twitter.com/benkuzma?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Not meaning to contradict your post/link. It's just confusing when there's posts that say the opposite. Hopefully just a misunderstanding.

Been told reported number of positive COVID-19 cases with Canucks isn't entirely accurate. The number is under 20. There haven't been severe symptoms. Most experiencing mild headaches, fever, fatigue and lethargy. No reports of vomiting, few with worse symptoms better. #Canucks

Also, only one player has received an IV. #Canucks

Also been told author stands by the accuracy of this report. (I think he's referring to the Darren Dreger one that you have linked above).

NHL_2021_Teams_canucks.png

NHL_2021_Teams_canucks.png

Thank you. 

Also this whole IV thing... 

You guys know this is super common for millionaires right? They go out drinking partying then have the doctor ready for them to come over at 9am with IV and vitamins. 

I'm playing the world's smallest violin for our glorious boys. Long live our our boys... Love em... But come on... 

There's vulnerable people in our country that actually need sympathy and help. 

BIG SHOUTOUT to the aquilinis for stepping up and helping our most in need. 

Edited by apollo

1 minute ago, apollo said:

If you want propaganda stick to North Korea Twitter. Less propaganda than Dregers or any of this trash Tarrana media causing a panic in our fan base. 

WE DO NOT HAVE 20 POSITIVE CASES. Anyone that breathed air beside guads and Sutter was added to protocol for safety. 

Jim's just not coming out to say anything because he learned from Bergevins cheating when he needed Montreal players to rest up injuries. 

Although, I'm sure there's some of this going on, when they add a player or two a day, those are likely new positive cases, even if they are asymptomatic. If not, they would have just put all 22 guys on protocol and started the clock on a full 10 day lock down.

Hopefully, the guys who really have this are going to come through it okay but this is really pretty nuts and shows just how fast this can spread.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Although, I'm sure there's some of this going on, when they add a player or two a day, those are likely new positive cases, even if they are asymptomatic. If not, they would have just put all 22 guys on protocol and started the clock on a full 10 day lock down.

Hopefully, the guys who really have this are going to come through it okay but this is really pretty nuts and shows just how fast this can spread.

it also shows how under the radar it can be, if it can lie dormant for a few extra days in some players. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it also shows how under the radar it can be, if it can lie dormant for a few extra days in some players. 

Definitely, incubation time can be different with everyone. It also has a habit in some people, of swinging back around and getting worse, just when you think its getting better.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Ya, it isn't coming out like close contacts and self isolating.  They know right away who is a close contact so would be adding clusters each day if that was the case.

The reporting from several sources has been saying positive cases and not just in the protocol... so I don't think anyone can definitively say that it is just a couple guys positive and the rest are just being "rested" as a way to cheat.  That is just a silly suggestion considering we just came off a week of rest before all this and this will actually cause us to have a much more compressed and less well rested schedule.

Incubation times are different and it takes around 10 days for most folks to get really sick to the point of being hospitalized (if they end up being that severe)... so really we have no idea for several more days now how things will pan out and when players will start coming off the protocol list.

Edited by Provost

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Just when I think you can’t say anything more ridiculous you roll this  crap out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Just when I think you can’t say anything more ridiculous you roll this  crap out. 

The guy telling us to stay calm isn't demonstrating much of that right now in cap locks.

WE DO NOT HAVE 20 POSITIVE CASES

:towel:  Take a breath, Apollo...that's a whole lot of staying calm you've done here and I have to read the instructions you put out there before I can get to the calm part.

So who is your source to deny what's been put out there.  North Korea?  Is that what I read?

More than half of the players on the Vancouver Canucks have tested positive for COVID-19, a source confirmed to ESPN. Two more names were added to the team's COVID-19 protocol list on Sunday, bringing the total up to 16.

iain_macintyre-115x115.pngIain MacIntyre@imacSportsnetApril 5, 2021, 6:21 PM
VANCOUVER – One week into the Vancouver Canucks’ COVID-19 outbreak, we can see the full scope of the crisis. It has affected most of the lineup.

The addition Monday of rookie Nils Hoglander to the NHL’s COVID protocol list brings the number of players who have tested positive to 17. Another unnamed player from the taxi squad is quarantining as a high-risk close contact. Three members of the coaching staff have also tested positive, raising to 21 the number of people felled by the biggest and most dangerous outbreak of the NHL’s pandemic season.

Out of 24 players who participated in the Canucks’ morning skate last Wednesday, a few hours before their game against the Calgary Flames was postponed and Vancouver’s season halted, only defencemen Jordie Benn and Nate Schmidt, and forwards Brock Boeser, J.T. Miller, Jimmy Vesey, Jake Virtanen and Tyler Graovac have not been placed in COVID protocol. They continue to self-isolate.

17 players + 3 staff = 20

I'm thinking they probably know more than we do?

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I am just waiting for the Virtanen blame to come in. "If he didn't go to the club that one time way back when this would never have happened."

Honestly, we're gonna miss 'ol Lazy Jake after he's traded in a few weeks!

3 hours ago, apollo said:

You are a funny guy, where do you come up with this stuff?